Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barry Cowen sacked

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,185 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Next time Francie, just google Cowan and just paste the search result link in here.

Whenever you can swallow hard and answer:

Cowen's transgression is STILL being talked about in the media...YES or NO?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Don't know, I wouldn't pay for the Indo in a month of Sunday's. Just making the point that it ain't going away for Barry and you know what the say about time passing and political strife remaining, if they are still talking about it after 2 weeks you are in bother.

To be fair,if there's no new information then,whoever wanted cowens ass has had their chance and its gone
    Someone else in with a facetious puppy farm yarn ain't going to do it
    I wouldn't expect any more dirt on him to spring up
    Fascinatingly stupid if whats upthread is true regarding the feeding to the media though

Mortelaro wrote: »
    To be fair,if there's no new information then,whoever wanted cowens ass has had their chance and its gone
    h

Disagree, if he refuses to deal with the questions then it will stay current, or can be kept current.
    Remains to be seen if that will happen though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Disagree, if he refuses to deal with the questions then it will stay current, or can be kept current.
    Remains to be seen if that will happen though.

How can you disagree? You haven’t read the article?

Whenever you can swallow hard and answer:

Cowen's transgression is STILL being talked about in the media...YES or NO?

You have an issue with your keyboard, the caps lock keeps getting stuck. Just in case you didn’t know, your welcome

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

Phishnet wrote: »
    Go Barry Go. I would say there is some scrambling around in the DLIR to see who renewed his licence (continually) 😬

Can you just keep renewing your provisional continually, do you ever have to apply for a full licence or to do your test. It's totally weird, a man of his age on a provisional. Is there a way of 'regularising' your licence without doing the test.

You have an issue with your keyboard, the caps lock keeps getting stuck. Just in case you didn’t know, your welcome

Third and last time I will ask. The simple point I made was, it was still being talked about in the media. You seem to have an issue with that, so:

Is Cowen's transgression STILL being talked about in the media...YES or NO?

Third and last time I will ask. The simple point I made was, it was still being talked about in the media. You seem to have an issue with that, so:

Tricky question Francie, hard one to answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 PosterX

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    Can you just keep renewing your provisional continually, do you ever have to apply for a full licence or to do your test. It's totally weird, a man of his age on a provisional. Is there a way of 'regularising' your licence without doing the test.

I think back to doing lessons and passing my driving test when I was about 23 and i'm no great shakes as an adult

I was thinking what the fukk is he at

Is the answer “boat”?

If only it was the 3rd and last time Francie, if only.

• Advertisement

Sorry is it boatymacboatface?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

You keep ignoring the main fact, that Micheál Martin and the FF party are happy to have a serial law breaking, drink driver in his cabinet. How do you fee about that?

PosterX wrote: »
    I think back to doing lessons and passing my driving test when I was about 23 and i'm no great shakes as an adult

I was thinking what the fukk is he at

I would have thought that would be reasonably typical, someone approaching 50, doing the mileage he's doing, on a provo, having to have a qualified driver sitting beside him everywhere he went, incredible

I would have thought that would be reasonably typical, someone approaching 50, doing the mileage he's doing, on a provo, having to have a qualified driver sitting beside him everywhere he went, incredible

Is he doing high mileage? Is he been driven or driving himself?

Where is McMurphy when you need him? Examine those expenses reports for us all

You keep ignoring the main fact, that Micheál Martin and the FF party are happy to have a serial law breaking, drink driver in his cabinet. How do you fee about that?

Where you not the person that didn’t understand the government represented all people including criminals?

Where is McMurphy when you need him?

Good question. Maybe he wasn't driving at all (except for that infamous day of course) during all that period. He wouldn't even need a provisional in that case.

Do you think (not know) that Barry just had the 2 pints - just your opinion, you must surely have one

Where you not the person that didn’t understand the government represented all people including criminals?

How do you feel about MM keeping law breakers in the FFGG cabinet?

How do you feel about MM keeping law breakers in the FFGG cabinet?

How do you feel about SF keeping child abuse protectors in the Dail?

Oops
    images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcSOB32GALkNMBpH6jJksqugqQgIQi9HgcqDfA&usqp=CAU

How do you feel about SF keeping child abuse protectors in the Dail?

Discusting if true. I'm not one of the shinnerbots you constantly screach about as you'll see if you look back over the thread, I'm just a tax paying, law abiding voter, now back on topic.

How do you feel about MM keeping law breakers in the FFGG cabinet

• Advertisement

The ISDS limits breeding to 5 litters per bitch per life (cant speak for other socities tbf)

What vetinary advice are you getting to say,8 litters isnt excessive??

Have you got a report from a vet saying what Cowan done was illegal or dangerous? I

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Where is McMurphy when you need him? Examine those expenses reports for us all

I'm here. **Waves at shef**

https://twitter.com/ActingTheGom/status/1279723790038183937?s=19

'At the time (that he was caught drink driving) he was holding a legal driving permit because his provisional licence had lapsed'

What does this mean, what is a 'legal driving permit', are there 3 different yokes here, a provisional, a 'legal driving permit', and a licence.

Discusting if true. I'm not one of the shinnerbots you constantly screach about as you'll see if you look back over the thread, I'm just a tax paying, law abiding voter, now back on topic.

How do you feel about MM keeping law breakers in the FFGG cabinet

Our legal system is build on the ability for people to reform, that’s the whole point of it. So wrong take your punishment but rebuilt your life

That’s what Cowan did. If you have issue with that then you better start with the legal system the tell them to switch it that nobody is allowed to reform.

I have yet to see a single shinnerbot say they are one, all of them don’t support SF.

You seem to ignore child abuse, would that not concern you? Is that not a serious crime? Is someone that help protect a child abuser not as bad? In my opinion they are worse. Do you want those people in government?

You seem to ignore child abuse, would that not concern you?

That's quite a strong statement, have you anything to back it up? or are you just trying to deflect from MM keeping law breakers in the FFGG cabinet by trying to attack people who question sutch things?

Our legal system is build on the ability for people to reform, that’s the whole point of it. So wrong take your punishment but rebuilt your life

That’s what Cowan did. If you have issue with that then you better start with the legal system the tell them to switch it that nobody is allowed to reform.

I have yet to see a single shinnerbot say they are one, all of them don’t support SF.

You seem to ignore child abuse, would that not concern you? Is that not a serious crime? Is someone that help protect a child abuser not as bad? In my opinion they are worse. Do you want those people in government?

This is a very commendable attitude, there is a lot to be said for getting caught, taking your punishment, changing your ways and getting on with life.

On that issue I am more than happy to give Cowen a pass.

What I don't understand is why he cannot come out and clearly set out his record regarding the provisionals, driving tests, 'regularising', the L/N plates, penalty points, driving with an accompanied driver. If, as you suggest, he wasn't driving at all that is very easy to clarify as well. If he clarified it would be all over immediately imo (except for the Cowe/Byrne pantomime bit obviously).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

'At the time (that he was caught drink driving) he was holding a legal driving permit because his provisional licence had lapsed'

What does this mean, what is a 'legal driving permit', are there 3 different yokes here, a provisional, a 'legal driving permit', and a licence.

provisional licenses ended in 2007/8 i think

That's quite a strong statement, have you anything to back it up? or are you just trying to deflect from MM keeping law breakers in the FFGG cabinet by trying to attack people who question sutch things?

Why would I deflect? I answered your question. Do you know all the bit you deleted when you quoted?

For someone who isn’t a shinnerbot you use the same tactics as the rest of them? Seem to have the same intellectual capacity as well

This is a very commendable attitude, there is a lot to be said for getting caught, taking your punishment, changing your ways and getting on with life.

On that issue I am more than happy to give Cowen a pass.

What I don't understand is why he cannot come out and clearly set out his record regarding the provisionals, driving tests, 'regularising', the L/N plates, penalty points, driving with an accompanied driver. If, as you suggest, he wasn't driving at all that is very easy to clarify as well. If he clarified it would be all over immediately imo (except for the Cowe/Byrne pantomime bit obviously).

He has provided all the information yet you still have people like Francie quoting an article about social media as some sort of proof to what I don’t actually know

Just look back over this thread and you have all sort of wild accusations with nothing to back it up

Just look at the current topic about a dog, poster have zero information, zero facts yet continues to post about it

Unfortunately at this stage it is better to say nothing because it’s seems Irish people have gone the way of Americans

• Advertisement

provisional licenses ended in 2007/8 i think

Were the 'provisionals' replaced with a 'legal driving permit'.

If provisionals ceased in 2007/2008, presumably that means that his provisional licence had lapsed in 2007/2008, and he was on a 'legal driving permit' since 2007/2008.

Why would the report say that 'his provisional licence had lapsed' when they are referring to an incident which happened 8/9 years after 'his provisional licence had lapsed'. It is confusing me more and more.

Advertisement