Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barry Cowen sacked

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Watching ShefWed have a little meltdown is fascinating.

This story will run and run. Cowen won't put himself in front of a microphone until Halloween!

I must be a Shinnerbot too. Who knew.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    He has provided all the information

He most definitely and unequivocally has NOT provided all the information.
    To say he has is at best delusional

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    Were the 'provisionals' replaced with a 'legal driving permit'.

If provisionals ceased in 2007/2008, presumably that means that his provisional licence had lapsed in 2007/2008, and he was on a 'legal driving permit' since 2007/2008.

Why would the report say that 'his provisional licence had lapsed' when they are referring to an incident which happened 8/9 years after 'his provisional licence had lapsed'. It is confusing me more and more.

'At the time (that he was caught drink driving) he was holding a legal driving permit because his provisional licence had lapsed'
    think they meant learner,not legal, think its just a mistake on breaking news https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/barry-cowen-never-sat-his-driving-test-before-drink-driving-ban-in-2016-1009937.html
    At the time, I held a learner driving permit because my previous provisional licence had lapsed
    https://www.kildarestreet.com/debates/?id=2020-07-07a.293&s=speaker%3A355#g295

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Is the answer “boat”?

If only it was the 3rd and last time Francie, if only.

Have you found the bottom of the barrel yet?

* Cue rant accusation *

think they meant learner,not legal

Ah, I see, I see 'learner permit' elsewhere now. Crappy reporting.

• Advertisement

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    Were the 'provisionals' replaced with a 'legal driving permit'.

If provisionals ceased in 2007/2008, presumably that means that his provisional licence had lapsed in 2007/2008, and he was on a 'legal driving permit' since 2007/2008.

Why would the report say that 'his provisional licence had lapsed' when they are referring to an incident which happened 8/9 years after 'his provisional licence had lapsed'. It is confusing me more and more.

'At the time (that he was caught drink driving) he was holding a legal driving permit because his provisional licence had lapsed'

There's no such thing as a "legal driving permit", well, there is in the sense that a full driving licence could be said to be a legal driving permit.

The "provisional licence" was abolished in October 2007 and replaced with the "learner's permit". On the introduction of the learner's permit and the new licencing and testing regime, ie. You had to hold a learner's permit for at least 6 months before applying for a licence and you have had to have completed at least 12 lessons with an "approved Driving instructor".

Those who were on valid provisional licences at the time of the change to the regs did not have to complete these 12 lessons or complete a 6 month waiting period to complete a test.

The right to drive unaccompanied on a second provisional licence WAS NOT grandfathered across to the new regime.

So, clearly the reference to a "legal driving permit" is deliberately obtuse and vague and refers to the fact that he was still on a learner's permit at the time of the incident. Clearly the phraseology was to muddy the waters somewhat. Just as "regularising" was also used in the same vein.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Have you found the bottom of the barrel yet?

* Cue rant accusation *

:-)

Pretty sure micheal martin could never foreseen a provisional causing him trouble after refusing to allow sinn fein into government

How did MM refuse to let SF into government?

Would that not be the 75% that didn’t vote for SF or you forget about that?

I found you so yes. :-)

Tut tut tut.

You've just been attacking posters left, right and centre today. Nothing at all substantial to add in your pathetic defence of Cowen. Or is it "Cowan"? Hmmmm...

Watching ShefWed have a little meltdown is fascinating.

This story will run and run. Cowen won't put himself in front of a microphone until Halloween!

I must be a Shinnerbot too. Who knew.

A meltdown?

Have you read the thread?
    One poster is reading expenses report from random TD
    Another posts a link to an article they haven’t even bother to read the heading
    One lad jumps in and doesn’t understand a government is for everyone in Ireland, criminals and all
    Some other person thinks repeating the same question 100 times will change the answer given the first time it was asked

Yet you think I’m having a meltdown?

Seriously you guys crack me up!!

• Advertisement

A meltdown?

One lad jumps in and doesn’t understand a government is for everyone in Ireland, criminals and all
    Some other person thinks repeating the same question 100 times will change the answer given the first time it was asked

Ah, the "everyone else is crazy" defence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

At any point,you feel you can counter that the greens are after being duped by ffg into supporting puppy farming into dept of agri,despite it being exprrssly againest its policies

Let me know
    FFS

They are not
    Greyhound breeding is not puppy farming
    If it was,they'd make no money and it would be pointless
    They are bred to win races and looked after accordingly Period

Ditto with good cattle/sheep dogs

There are many things to bash politicians with but this ain't one

A meltdown?

Oh you're not having a meltdown? Right.

Will you let me know when you are having a meltdown because it's very hard to know. ;)

Tut tut tut.

You've just been attacking posters left, right and centre today. Nothing at all substantial to add in your pathetic defence of Cowen. Or is it "Cowan"? Hmmmm...

You missed all my posts when ranting

I have said Cowan has done the crime and deserve the time so to speak, which he did

So what’s your problem with Cowan now? Apart from the fact he is FF?

You missed all my posts when ranting

I have said Cowan has done the crime and deserve the time so to speak, which he did

You don't know his surname?

Shinnerbot tactics!!!!!!!!!!!

Mortelaro wrote: »
    FFS

They are not
    Greyhound breeding is not puppy farming
    If it was,they'd make no money and it would be pointless
    They are bred to win races and looked after accordingly Period

Ditto with good cattle/sheep dogs

There are many things to bash politicians with but this ain't one

It is puppy farming**...they are breeding pups specfically to sell?

Im not bashing the politian....but greens standing on platform of being againest this and allowing a puppy farmer be minister of agriculture is somewhat hilarious,to watch em.shelve important policies on week 1 of being in government??

** i have no doubt the pups were proper reared etc,and no issue with it....its just the blind outright lying,label public stupid and try deny reality that it is puppy farming,what grates on me

He needs to clearly set out his record regarding the provisionals, driving tests, 'regularising', the L/N plates, penalty points, driving with an accompanied driver. If, as you suggest, he wasn't driving at all that is very easy to clarify as well. If he clarified it would be all over immediately imo (except for the Cowe/Byrne pantomime bit obviously).

Do you think (not know) that Barry just had the 2 pints - just your opinion, you must surely have one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

Why would I deflect? I answered your question. Do you know all the bit you deleted when you quoted?

For someone who isn’t a shinnerbot you use the same tactics as the rest of them? Seem to have the same intellectual capacity as well

Well no you most definitely didn't answer either question, I'll repeat them for you as you seem to be under a little pressure.

1st have you anything to back up your statement,

"You seem to ignore child abuse"

that you threw out there about me?

And more to the point, how do you feel about MM keeping law breakers in the FFGG cabinet?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

It is puppy farming**...they are breeding pups specfically to sell?

Im not bashing the politian....but greens standing on platform of being againest this and allowing a puppy farmer be minister of agriculture is somewhat hilarious,to watch em.shelve important policies on week 1 of being in government??

** i have no doubt the pups were proper reared etc,and no issue with it....its just the blind outright lying,label public stupid and try deny reality that it is puppy farming,what grates on me

1 dog with good pedigree is normally bred
    That most certainly is not puppy farming
    Its sensationalist bulsh1t vegan warrior language
    As for the greens
    100s of lines of their thinking is not in the programme for government
    That is also normal

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

How do you feel about SF keeping child abuse protectors in the Dail?

Didn't finna fail have a convicted child abuser canvas for them in Waterford this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

You don't know his surname?

Shinnerbot tactics!!!!!!!!!!!

The way he types shinnerbot is like tourettes or something. I wonder if he has a tick when he types it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

There's no such thing as a "legal driving permit", well, there is in the sense that a full driving licence could be said to be a legal driving permit.

The "provisional licence" was abolished in October 2007 and replaced with the "learner's permit". On the introduction of the learner's permit and the new licencing and testing regime, ie. You had to hold a learner's permit for at least 6 months before applying for a licence and you have had to have completed at least 12 lessons with an "approved Driving instructor".

Those who were on valid provisional licences at the time of the change to the regs did not have to complete these 12 lessons or complete a 6 month waiting period to complete a test.

The right to drive unaccompanied on a second provisional licence WAS NOT grandfathered across to the new regime.

So, clearly the reference to a "legal driving permit" is deliberately obtuse and vague and refers to the fact that he was still on a learner's permit at the time of the incident. Clearly the phraseology was to muddy the waters somewhat. Just as "regularising" was also used in the same vein.
    its a misquote by the irish examiner https://media.heanet.ie/page/4542ff2d13da4c058354992aa8dce8f6 at 7:05

• Registered Users Posts: 4,598 ✭✭✭jackboy

The pups.were bred multiple times to be sold.....to.me this is puppy farming

Foaming at the mouth about vegans isnt going to change this?

By that rationale someone breeding a dog once to sell the pups is puppy farming.

The pups.were bred multiple times to be sold.....to.me this is puppy farming

Foaming at the mouth about vegans isnt going to change this?

Do you understand what a puppy farm is ?

What you posted above is not a puppy farm

Yes....it is,imo

Now....i have no issue with puppy farming,nor any kind of farming including lads growing bitta weed......but dont try pull wool over peoples eyes,and try take public for mugs

Same as the pretend opposition last time,a schoolchild could see it,for what it was

Your 100% wrong, that is not a puppy farm.

Yes i do

A place where pups are bred to be sold??

Like droopys of portlaw,being large scale and biffo jnr being small scale,but puppy farming nonetheless of grayhound pups

You are correct to put question marks on it. I’m not here to educate you but again you show you haven’t a clue what your talking about

Your posting all day about a puppy farm and you don’t even know what it is

How is it not??

Explain to me,how breeding pups multiple times to sell,isnt a puppy farm?

It’s getting embarrassing now

• Advertisement

I would provide a source but the charter says I don’t have to :-)

Advertisement