Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Barry Cowen sacked

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭jackboy

Well then apart from scale

What is difference??

To me,there is none anyway

Breeding pups to sell = farming pups to me

(Though the hyprocrisy surronding this,is same as those people with aversion to eating dogs and cats but OK with other meat imo)
    Your definition of a puppy farm is casting a wide net. What if someone sells one pup, is that a puppy farm?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

jackboy wrote: »
    Your definition of a puppy farm is casting a wide net. What if someone sells one pup, is that a puppy farm?

My neighbour dog had pups and she gave them away, I will ring the Garda and let them know a puppy farm is been run in the area

It’s always the sneaky ones, who would ever think an 80+ year old woman was running a puppy farm

Yes,if the pup bred to be sold

But it should for interests of clarity sake,point out,i have no issues with puppy farming either on any scale.....once all animals are healthy/looked after properly (basically same as any other form of farming like)

You have no issues because you don’t know what your talking about

As you seem incapable of using google see below

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puppy_mill

Well you claimed your neighbour had one for giving away pups and you intended upon ringing gaurds surronding it?

Like.....the drowning pup thing is a v.tradional rural thing,not that im in favour of it....but no pint denying it happens either

Have you read the link yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

The pups.were bred multiple times to be sold.....to.me this is puppy farming

Foaming at the mouth about vegans isnt going to change this?

The article is just excess copy
    The greyhound had her paperwork right for the number of litters and as a pedigree active dog,her being brought to stud by her owners and some pups kept or sold is normal
    It most certainly is not a puppy farm
    The "activist' didn't even know how many pups she had,they just guessed

I'll leave you to argue with Shef wed all evening if you wish but I'd recommend logging out
    You'll have other fish to fry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,512 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Mortelaro wrote: »
    The article is just excess copy
    The greyhound had her paperwork right for the number of litters and as a pedigree active dog,her being brought to stud by her owners and some pups kept or sold is normal
    It must certainly is not a puppy farm
    The "activist' didn't even know how many pups she had,they just guessed

I'll leave you to argue with Shef wed all evening if you wish but I'd recommend logging out
    You'll have other fish to fry

some? was it not practically all of them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRg4WKx0FchRkUXYI0UkpzGTFvsV284XfF58w&usqp=CAU

some? was it not practically all of them?

I don't know and its immaterial anyway
    If we've to chastise for breeding your greyhound within regulations, we've reached Gilead levels of extremism

The article mentions nothing about a puppy farm
    The dog is confirmed to have been checked out by vet

The only reason this is a discussion is because someone in this thread hasn’t a clue what they are talking about and spent the day throwing out the comment “puppy farm” To get a reaction because they heard it on news somewhere

Another example of the misinformed SF voter

Do you think breeding animals for commerial sale,is farming??
    Out of one dog
    Definitely not
    Otherwise half the farmers in the country are

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,994 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Dogs dinner made of this issue for sure.

But MM is as slippery as ever on all matters.

It is.....your disagreeing and wanting to relabel something entirely on basis of scale

What to your mind is number of bitches required to reach level required to be called puppy farming....one is enough for me anyway
    Look, I honestly should have left ye at it
    I'm not interested in your tete-a-tete with Mr wenesday
    What I see here is an Internet bubble argument of zero relevance to anyone
    I'm not engaging any further in it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

I know I asked you this earlier but maybe you didn't see the post. Have you anything to back up this statement, it's a fairly strong statement. Or is it just a petulant lie, ie. an ad hominem attack for whatever reason?

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    You seem to ignore child abuse, would that not concern you? Is that not a serious crime?

And you still haven't answered the question which led to your tantrum which was,

"how do you feel about Micheál Martin and the Fianna Fáil party keeping a drink driving, serial offender in the cabinet?

So....breeding animals for commerial sale is farming,(seemingly producing 35 units for sale in this instance).....except for when you say so

Em OK :pac:

here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

uh oh https://twitter.com/FrankSunTimes/status/1282082383102181381 Cowen denies doing a u-turn before checkpoint and being chased down as detailed in garda report

Times had this story last week, held back for legal reasons, means the rest of the media had the garda report too.

Humphreys thing ain't great eihter but she was shown incompetent weeks into her first term of cabinet by abusing her position installing a party member on state a board to set him up for election

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

uh oh https://twitter.com/JasonONeillST/status/1282076630962380801 Cowen denies doing a u-turn before checkpoint and being chased down as detailed in garda report

Oh dear, the story just grew a fresh pair of legs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

McMurphy wrote: »
    don't put 'em under pressure Jack dying took him off the front of the Sindo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,508 ✭✭✭✭elperello

It's a bit like those scenes in the old movies where the cast are waiting for the papers to see the reviews.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,761 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

If the media is still talking about it after two weeks...........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Why MM thought it was a good idea letting a Cowen stand for election never mind making him a minister is beyond me, the balls up Brian Cowen made of everything should have kept the entire family out of office until the next century
    , If it's true he ran from a checkpoint I think his position is untenable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,761 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Folks..it's Cowen...NOT Cowan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Both the Sindo and Times have Cowen articles on their front pages this morning, most likely the most worrying one so far as Barry Cowen and Michaél Martin will be concerned is the one in the time's, which claims the official Garda record relating to Barry's drink driving arrest is that it came about after Barry did a U-turn, in an attempt to evade the Garda checkpoint.

Apparently Barry threatened defamation proceedings when initially asked about the official Garda report by journalists last weekend.

His Dail statement made absolutely no reference to this piece of information, and whether or not Barry disputed it, however.

Surely a minister taking office claiming official Garda records surrounding his or her arrest are incorrect, and vowing to have them corrected is unprecedented?

Welcome back FF, it's like you never left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Both the Sindo and Times have Cowen articles on their front pages this morning, most likely the most worrying one so far as Barry Cowen and Michaél Martin will be concerned is the one in the time's, which claims the official Garda record relating to Barry's drink driving arrest is that it came about after Barry did a U-turn, in an attempt to evade the Garda checkpoint.

Apparently Barry threatened defamation proceedings when initially asked about the official Garda report by journalists last weekend.

His Dail statement made absolutely no reference to this piece of information, and whether or not Barry disputed it, however.

Surely a minister taking office claiming official Garda records surrounding his or her arrest are incorrect, and vowing to have them corrected?

Corrected !!!!!!, is that what they call it now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭jackboy

Well at least now we know that Cowen lied in all his statements at least by omission. It was clear from his statements that the apologies were fake and he was only sorry he was caught. It is still highly unlikely that that we know of all his illegal activities while driving.

He has to go now. He is not fit for any job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

This whole story is gas. If Cowen had been upfront from the start people would have moved on by now. Instead the drip-drip nature of the revelations constantly contradicting his account just gives the story legs. As do the desperate deflections by those eejits on here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

If a members of AGS leaked this info, which I suspect they did l, then they should pay with the their job. Sinple as that. Set a precedent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭Acosta

The story will be gone by the (last) weekend, they said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭Acosta

If a members of AGS leaked this info, which I suspect they did l, then they should pay with the their job. Sinple as that. Set a precedent.

They've done much worse to people and nothing has been done. If an investigation is launched they'll basically say get ****ed, refuse to corporate and that will be that.

Surely a minister taking office claiming official Garda records surrounding his or her arrest are incorrect, and vowing to have them corrected is unprecedented?

Welcome back FF, it's like you never left.

Out of curiosity, who would have access to an official Garda file on the matter
    As its not an active investigation, it would mean someone with access would have to have looked it up surely and reported that to the Times and the Sindo
    I'm assuming that would be any Garda with access to the pulse system
    These access requests are all recorded now
    In fact you need to specify your reason for accessing the information meaning either there will be an investigation and someone will be in trouble or both papers will if they cannot provide proof of this maybe they have
    Its more interesting than the dog story anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

This leaves MM looking very bad. He had an ideal chance to show strong leadership when this story broke first but instead of doing what's right he went straight into party first and foremost mode.

I would have thought that even in party first mode keeping something like this under your hat and bringing the party into disrepute would be a sacking offence but they just went into full "nothing to see here, look over there" mode as could be seen by some of the fan boy posts on here.

Now he's left looking weak with a definite whiff of old FF off him.

I'd say his days are numbered now, the backroom boys must be passing fire this morning.

Looking forward to hearing them explaining this latest development and wondering what's next.

Advertisement