Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barry Cowen sacked

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,770 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

So to summarise at this stage, McFadden snitched on Thomas Byrne, Byrne snitched on Cowen, Cowen was shall we say economical with the truth with michál martin, and martin is acting like a rabbit caught in the headlights!

All in all it's FF just as we knew it !

Apart from the MM part Dan.

I can't remember FF ever being led by someone so politically naive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

It will all come out in the wash. Trying to make it about the garda will backfire. Just put your hand up to what ever actually happened. It's the ducking and diving that's causing the controversy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

Cowan might put the boot into a minor actor in this, but at the same time he is putting the boot into Fianna Fail's prospects of passing themselves off as a reformed party.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,807 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Why isn't Cowen answering questions in the Dail about this?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Why isn't Cowen answering questions in the Dail about this?

Because the answers will make things much worse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Must be like drinking acid for the Greens to have to vote with the Government on Cowen refusing to answer questions in the Dail.

The honeymoon period is over for Martin now as Taoiseach thanks to the bould Barry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭KiKi III

Must be like drinking acid for the Greens to have to vote with the Government on Cowen refusing to answer questions in the Dail.

The honeymoon period is over for Martin now as Taoiseach thanks to the bould Barry.

It never even began.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Leo was kicking to touch on the Cowen story today on Radio1. He was hiding behind the Garda investigation. Typical FFG tactic.
    He had phrases like 'in due course' and 'I will wait to see'.
    Of course this means that the Garda investigation that should take a day will last until the summer recess.
    I think he did mumble that Cowen would answer any questions afterwards. Nonsense.

Whenever I see "FFG" it's nearly always a SF/IRA shill.

I know a former member of SF/IRA and it was about a year ago that they were told to use the FFG moniker as often as possible.

Imagine if SF/IRA were in government, it is unlikely that a motoring offence would get any headlines, it would be far more serious issues and there are at least half a dozen SF/IRA tds that would not like to be in the limelight.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Darc19 wrote: »

I know a former member of SF/IRA and it was about a year ago that they were told to use the FFG moniker as often as possible.

Imagine if SF/IRA were in government, it is unlikely that a motoring offence would get any headlines, it would be far more serious issues and there are at least half a dozen SF/IRA tds that would not like to be in the limelight.

I'm sorry, but when I read a (presumably) fellow Irishman using the SF/IRA terminology, this is all I can think of.

FaroffForsakenCopperhead-size_restricted.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Yeah fine, I am a SF/IRA shill. Must remember that at the polling booth.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Jesus are ye still at each other
    Ye must have little to be doing

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Cowan might put the boot into a minor actor in this, but at the same time he is putting the boot into Fianna Fail's prospects of passing themselves off as a reformed party.

Wait... when did this reform happen? unless of course, reform means downsized.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭ChelseaRentBoy

This was Michael Martins chance to show he was a leader of substance. By washing his hands of this he has shown its business as usual for the FFG cartel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Well they are identical in every way. Now that they've to cosy up they might just unite altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭GusGus

He was just fired !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Always rotten, always has been.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

lol, good aul FF

• Registered Users Posts: 12,531 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

GusGus wrote: »
    He was just fired !!!

And he's gone.

And_It's_Gone.jpg

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,493 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Wow is this the new FF?

Actually sacking a minister who's done outrageous things?

This is ground breaking for them, I'd say the coalition partners had a huge say in this, and that's a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Wow didn't think that would happen. This has to be the quickest sacking in history.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,673 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Just seen the news of RTÉ, must be the shorted ministerial career on record.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Harsh imo

• Registered Users Posts: 15,682 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

The garda report must be dynamite

• Registered Users Posts: 40,467 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Floppybits wrote: »
    Wow didn't think that would happen. This has to be the quickest sacking in history.

quick? it has been 10 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Very harsh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

SF 1 FF 0, early goal for Mary Lou, nodded in at the far post.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Well they are identical in every way. Now that they've to cosy up they might just unite altogether.

Sinn fein and the IRA?

We've known that for years.

Cowens out, never liked him, always sleazy and not a patch on his brother.

MM should never have appointed him

• Registered Users Posts: 4,598 ✭✭✭jackboy

I thought Micheal Martin said the file wasn’t too bad. Bizarre.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,656 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Brian.... "we are where we are"

Barry.... "I wasn't where I was"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,125 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Took long enough....but he had to go.
    Clearly more to come out

Advertisement