Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barry Cowen sacked

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

He’s leader of our country , go and act like a leader Take off his shirt or whatever he wants to take off in the privacy of his own home or back garden.

Right.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,110 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Do u fancy seeing Donald trump nipples playing golf in doonbeg !
    Well that's a lovely image to go to sleep with....his knockers swinging about while he cheats at golf....

Anyway back to Cowen. Sure lets see what comes out in the wash as they say in the next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Opening up that can of worms again here and the FG lads here will be all over it but it was very clear he broke “guidance” in terms of distancing measures. He broke no rules but what an arrogant self absorbed idiot to do that much during the situation we were all in, so yes, it is relevant.

But it's not.

And your anticipating your incorrectness being pointed out by preemptively trying to say anyone who does so must be a FG'er. Not going to wash.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

Hurrache wrote: »
    But it's not..

But what’s not?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,908 ✭✭✭ebbsy

gmisk wrote: »
    Did he say pints?
    I thought he said drinks?
    Maybe he had two pints of wine?

With a straw ?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

That is bizarre he did nothing wrong there at all.
    I wouldn't be a fan of Varadkar but if that is the best someone can throw at him as a criticism they are seriously reaching. He has always come across as incredibly boring and straight laced tbh.

Ur elected a leader act like one , Michae’l Martin has failed dismally at first hurdle. My initial point was there plain stupid
    So mr Varadkar knew fine well he was going to be photographed half naked in a group yet proposing social distancing and stay at home for rest of the country .
    Where is the difference in that and Michael Martin appointing a minister disqualified for drink driving but yet will govern how many road safety campaigns while in office!

ebbsy wrote: »
    With a straw ?
    Naw he is a real man's man...if you had a straw it would basically be a cocktail

• Registered Users Posts: 9,712 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Do u fancy seeing Donald trump nipples playing golf in doonbeg !

I simply wouldn't bother looking hard at them. Find it very odd that you've taken topless in the sun with friends and compared it to drink driving.

Ur elected a leader act like one , Michae’l Martin has failed dismally at first hurdle. My initial point was there plain stupid
    So mr Varadkar knew fine well he was going to be photographed half naked in a group yet proposing social distancing and stay at home for rest of the country .
    Where is the difference in that and Michael Martin appointing a minister disqualified for drink driving but yet will govern how many road safety campaigns while in office!
    At that stage you were allowed to go out within your 5km which he did, he was with his partner who he lives with which was allowed, and they were with two friends who sat apart from them.
    Again all within the guidelines.
    So yeah one isn't anything like the other.
    The mostly homophobic bile he got for it online was horrendous btw.

Anyway off topic and I am off to bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Ah who gives a sht. Cowen is gone and rightly so.

About time too. Wonder who is next.

• Advertisement

John_Rambo wrote: »
    I simply wouldn't bother looking hard at them. Find it very odd that you've taken topless in the sun with friends and compared it to drink driving.

There paid well to act with common sence at all times , so wether it’s dress correctly or leave ur dress on for that matter.
    Or pay for a taxi home if ur drinking or stay in a hotel if u can’t drive home.
    Going on swings with a alcoholic drink in ur hand.

There all relevant

There paid well to act with common sence at all times , so wether it’s dress correctly or leave ur dress on for that matter.
    Or pay for a taxi home if ur drinking or stay in a hotel if u can’t drive home.
    Going on swings with a alcoholic drink in ur hand.

There all relevant

Dressing correctly whilst relaxing on a beach or in a park during one of the hottest days of the year would be a pair of shorts in most peoples book. I do a lot of swimming and water based activities, so I'm pretty much used to the human form in it's flesh. I'd see my friends with no tops on every week.

Maybe you're not used to it and the sight of a mans torso offends you. Very strange.

At that stage you were allowed to go out within your 5km which he did, he was with his partner who he lives with which was allowed, and they were with two friends who sat apart from them.

It is not homophobic, it has to do with carrying on the roll he’s paid for properly . That’s for privacy of his own home away from cameras and public eye.

Change the same scene to Michael d our president (spare the thought but however)
    Is it still appropriate if it was michael d in the park half naked ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

FF were always dodgy.

It is not homophobic, it has to do with carrying on the roll he’s paid for properly . That’s for privacy of his own home away from cameras and public eye.

Change the same scene to Michael d our president (spare the thought but however)
    Is it still appropriate if it was michael d in the park half naked ?

Dude, it's the human figure. They come in all shapes and sizes! We all have them, if you don't like certain ones of certain ages, backgrounds, orientation etc... don't look, but they're here to stay!

(don't go to the beach in France)

Dressing correctly whilst relaxing on a beach or in a park during one of the hottest days of the year would be a pair of shorts in most peoples book. I do a lot of swimming and water based activities, so I'm pretty much used to the human form in it's flesh. I'd see my friends with no tops on every week.

Maybe you're not used to it and the sight of a mans torso offends you. Very strange.

Your entitled to your opinion , I don’t see it appropriate behaviour for people leading this country . Fancy heather Humphreys, Mary Lou sprawled across our tabloids because the day was hot . Maybe page 3 might pay them for few saucy ones

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Tbf, it's pretty easy for you to waltz in here and draw first blood in the torso stakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

You were off to bed a while ago and still responded

He did not adhere to distancing measures, don’t kid yourself, these were government guidelines and he was our ‘chief’ responsible for issuing these guidelines during a crisis. There’s no real argument, it is what it is, he let himself down and drew up his own set of rules like so many of our officials do.

Your entitled to your opinion , I don’t see it appropriate behaviour for people leading this country . Fancy heather Humphreys, Mary Lou sprawled across our tabloids because the day was hot . Maybe page 3 might pay them for few saucy ones

We have different tastes in media. I didn't see the pictures.

Anyway.. I'm not in to the whole modern, shrill body shaming thing, if the young, old, big or small ladies want to rock out in their bikinis more power to them. Just make sure you stay at home banging away on your keyboard in your Victorian suit. Don't want your sensibilities rocked.

Dude, it's the human figure. They come in all shapes and sizes! We all have them, if you don't like certain ones of certain ages, backgrounds, orientation etc... don't look, but they're here to stay!

(don't go to the beach in France)

U didn’t answer my question, only waffle about France . This is little backward virtually covit free Ireland we pay politicians enough to act responsibly wether it’s drink clothes , appointments of family members anything u like to add yourself to the list !
    act like a leader ffs

• Advertisement

U didn’t answer my question, only waffle about France . This is little backward virtually covit free Ireland we pay politicians enough to act responsibly wether it’s drink clothes , appointments of family members anything u like to add yourself to the list !
    act like a leader ffs

What's the question? I can barely understand what you're typing, just a strange statement and drinking clothes and a list. Then a demand for me to act like a leader. Have you been at the sherry?

What's the question? I can barely understand what you're typing, just a strange statement and drinking clothes and a list. Then a demand for me to act like a leader. Have you been at the sherry?

Go to bed

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

I'd be surprised if McSharry wasn't appointed to the position.

Go to bed

I'm working on a slow project so I can take Thursday and Friday off to hit the beach. What was the question?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Yes, I do think politicians should be paid more. I think that's especially important in a small country like Ireland.

At the moment we have people like Alan Kelly who are lambasted here and on Twitter from one end of the year to the other. I won't give you his back story, but himself and his brother are a prime example of what social democracy did for Ireland. And he has given up his personal solicitor business to be a TD. He'd make far more running his practice down in Tipperary.

Yet there he is in the Dáil. Not for the money. Not for the love on social media. Doing it because he believes in Labour, and believes in social democracy.

Talk is cheap, lads. Go into politics yourselves.

:cool:

He's in it for the power. "I love power".

image.jpg

We don't need to draw people in with promises of more money. It should be a calling. It's an honour IMO.
    We don't tell people to become a mechanic if they have issue with their mechanic etc.
    Kelly is a sign of what's wrong with the Labour party.

I'm working on a slow project so I can take Thursday and Friday off to hit the beach. What was the question?

I asked u replace Leo Varadkar with Michael d in that scene of half naked in a park with his friends is it acceptable level of behaviour for a leader of a country?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

I could've care less if leo was striding about naked but cowen deserves to be fired. He's behaved very badly during this issue.

Heather Humphreys is another one who should be questioned on the letter she passed on for that farmer who was accused of animal cruelty on his farm, and not for the first time.

These people are elected representatives and a little bit more is rightly expected from them.

Yet time after time they prove themselves to be lying little toerags.

The gardai haven't shone too brightly in this imo. It suited their agenda to put this in the public domain.

Such a shame they haven't the backbone to deal with and publish issues within their organisation.

I asked u replace Leo Varadkar with Michael d in that scene of half naked in a park with his friends is it acceptable level of behaviour for a leader of a country?

Of course it's acceptable, why not, cause he's old? Are we to ban older people from taking their shirts off in the park on sweltering days cause it's visually unacceptable to the likes of you? Not going to happen chief.

Of course it's acceptable, why not, cause he's old? Are we to ban older people from taking their shirts off in the park on sweltering days cause it's visually unacceptable to the likes of you? Not going to happen chief.

Thks u finally proved ur ignorance- lol
    I never said anything about banning old people from taking off there shirts that’s ur twist , I said elected representatives have responsibilities . If that doesn’t suit u get another job

• Advertisement

Thks u finally proved ur ignorance- lol
    I never said anything about banning old people from taking off there shirts that’s ur twist , I said elected representatives have responsibilities . If that doesn’t suit u get another job

Taking off ones shirt on a hot day doesn't render them any less responsible. Now, lay off the sherry and go to bed.

Advertisement