Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barry Cowen sacked

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭KiKi III

Calleary get the runner up prize. Says all, about the calibre of the man.
    A junior ministry wasn't enough to serve the country in. He wanted the too job and the paycheck.

Would be very normal and expected for the Deputy Leader of the party to get a senior ministry. It’s reasonable that he felt slighted. Talking about it to the media is another story. FF as a party have no discipline.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,105 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

glasso wrote: »
    didn't see any mod warning.

why would there be an issue when it's only a link to a an article on another website?

I have no connection to gript but it seems a fairly convincing argument to me

are you mates with Thomas Byrne or something or just worried that it shows up FF to be a shower of counts?
    You have posted exactly the same link about 5 or 6 times, there was one.

I have no idea who Thomas byrne is bar he is rumoured to have leaked story, I have never voted FF in my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Acosta

Chambers? Christ no! I take it all back. #RestoreBarry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

gmisk wrote: »
    I have no idea who Thomas byrne is bar he is rumoured to have leaked story, I have never voted FF in my life.

Thomas Byrne is a Junior Minister in the Government

Acosta wrote: »
    Chambers? Christ no! I take it all back. #RestoreBarry
    No good restoring him chambers is taking a totally different role

• Advertisement

You have posted exactly the same link about 5 or 6 times.

yes people have asked many times in this thread in the last while who did the leak on Cowen...

as I said seems a pretty convincing argument to me - hence the link

• Registered Users Posts: 4,904 ✭✭✭gifted

Cal4567 wrote: »
    If I was in the West, I'd now feel emboldened. We haven't been forgotten. We have our man sitting at the Cabinet table making decisions for us. I'll be walking down Main St in the town tonight with my chest out, proud, the tears will be hard to hold back. We are back!!

A minister for Pity........God love him but he's putting on a brave face........it's like discovering your husband is riding his younger secretary but he comes back to you for his clean washing....sloppy sloppy seconds.

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    Thomas Byrne is a Junior Minister in the Government
    I knew he was a TD alright....junior minister...pfft... sure nearly everyone gets one of those seemingly now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

I knew he was a TD alright....junior minister...pfft... sure nearly everyone gets one of those seemingly now!

If he had a Junior ministry at the time he may have been more reticent

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    It doesn't really matter what you think, it is what you or anhone can prove. At the moment this is just idle gossip and not even good gossip at that.....

This has aged well.

• Advertisement

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    If he had a Junior ministry at the time he may have been more reticent

indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Ae Fond Kiss

Yeah. I get cash per reply. It's pretty lucrative.

---

Nothing to say about Barry, or are you all about posters responses to the obvious FFer whataboutery?

Terms like FFer whataboutery are little populist statements made by get ups like yourself.

FF are very much a part of the fabric of this country, they had 41/42% of the national vote in 2002 and 2007. So a lot of posters here voted for them. You presumably were in senior infants and have been repeating ever since.

Along with FG they formed the nation over the past 100 years. Yes they didn't perform well in the last recession. But it was a worldwide one. FG were equally as poor from 1982-1987. There's corruption in all parties. But your little short, selective memory can only see FFers.

Let's take other parties. Labour..not a whole lot to write home about. FG, the big farmers' party, for those who wear the county colours and then city FG, liberal, slick, massive PR machine. A lot of them would like to commemorate the Black n Tans. Is that your party?

Sinn Fein, lacking in talent, pie in the sky policies and fair share with very dodgy connections. Do you vote for them?

FF are no worse or better than any of the others. Just an easy target for the historically illiterate, with too much time on their hands, like you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

There's an impressive rallying post. Are we in agreement on the term Fiannaroids?

Hurrache wrote: »
    There's an impressive rallying post. Are we in agreement on the term Fiannaroids?

And children for the I hate FF brigade. Because let's face it there memory begins in 2008.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Well, that's a great start to the new govt.

Terms like FFer whataboutery are little populist statements made by get ups like yourself.

FF are very much a part of the fabric of this country, they had 41/42% of the national vote in 2002 and 2007. So a lot of posters here voted for them. You presumably were in senior infants and have been repeating ever since.

Along with FG they formed the nation over the past 100 years. Yes they didn't perform well in the last recession. But it was a worldwide one. FG were equally as poor from 1982-1987. There's corruption in all parties. But your little short, selective memory can only see FFers.

Let's take other parties. Labour..not a whole lot to write home about. FG, the big farmers' party, for those who wear the county colours and then city FG, liberal, slick, massive PR machine. A lot of them would like to commemorate the Black n Tans. Is that your party?

Sinn Fein, lacking in talent, pie in the sky policies and fair share with very dodgy connections. Do you vote for them?

FF are no worse or better than any of the others. Just an easy target for the historically illiterate, with too much time on their hands, like you.

Right so.

So as I say, you've nothing to say and just want to pollute the thread with more FFer whatboutery.

Are you offended by FFer? It's short for Fianna Fáil-er. It's quicker to write on the oul mobile. I'm sorry to have offended your sensibilities.

Do you know what "whataboutery" is? It is a term used to describe the act where people bring up other subjects to distract from something else. You've literally engaged in same above.

Can you explain what is "populist" about what I said?

And as for calling me a "get up"? Regardless of it being a poor ad hominem, it also shows that you're getting a wee bit wound up about this hold thing. Poor lad.

Accusations that I "was probably in senior infants" is another statement being used to try and discredit. Poor one. A cursory glance at my posting history would be able to establish my approximate age. Either way, it has no baring on anything, it's a píss-poor attempt and shows that you're miffed - and that's putting it lightly - at the whole thing.

---

Fianna Fáil being part of the fabric of this country is exactly why we need to rid ourselves of them. I had thought we were in remission, but it seems we relapsed. Another round of chemo will sort it.

---

Oh, and the revisionism over the crisis of 2008, seriously, I thought we were meant to move on there? That's what FFers kept telling the rest of us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Fianna Fail have been generationally consistently crony and at times corrupt. While FG are giving their pal the contract to supply the cookies, FF are slipping the jar out the back door.
    DeValera conned Irish people the world over with the Irish Press shares using patriotism to do so.
    I would have welcomed seeing them labelled an illegal organisation after Cowen's last hurrah, (Brian not Barry) when we were set for our own recession, the global one worsened it not caused.
    Nothing any other party says or does excuses FF for what they have done and likely still are.
    The days of, "FF are no worse or better than any of the others" are coming to an end. It's simply not good enough and never was.

Right so.

So as I say, you've nothing to say and just want to pollute the thread with more FFer whatboutery.

Are you offended by FFer? It's short for Fianna Fáil-er. It's quicker to write on the oul mobile. I'm sorry to have offended your sensibilities.

Do you know what "whataboutery" is? It is a term used to describe the act where people bring up other subjects to distract from something else. You've literally engaged in same above.

Can you explain what is "populist" about what I said?

And as for calling me a "get up"? Regardless of it being a poor ad hominem, it also shows that you're getting a wee bit wound up about this hold thing. Poor lad.

Accusations that I "was probably in senior infants is another statement being used to try and discredit. Poor one. A cursory glance at my posting history would be able to establish my approximate age. Either way, it has no baring on anything, it's a píss-poor attempt and shows that you're miffed - and that's putting it lightly - at the whole thing.

---

Fianna Fáil being part of the fabric of this country is exactly why we need to rid ourselves of them. I had thought we were in remission, but it seems we relapsed. Another round of chemo will sort it.

---

Oh, and the revisionism over the crisis of 2008, seriously, I thought we were meant to move on there? That's what FFers kept telling the rest of us.

FFers are paying taxes so you can draw your dole and spend your time on fora like these.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

glasso wrote: »
    are you mates with Thomas Byrne or something or just worried that it shows up FF to be a shower of counts?

Mod: @glasso - don't post in the thread again.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,897 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

AGS have informed the watchdog about a potential misuse of the PULSE and the disclosure of information held within.

This kinda ****e needs to stop. I'd hope that whatever members accessed this for the purposes of leaking it to the media is sacked. I hope Harris has the cojones to do so thus setting a precedent.

The bitterness is just running through your veins.

The public have the right to know if a government minister has previously tried to dodge a check point set up by the forces of law and order to protect the citizens of the state.

If anyone did leak information to the media, he or she or they should be awarded medals.

Whistle blowers are very important in a thriving democracy.

No surprise that FFers are against it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Only in Ireland would you have a minister complaining about his details been apparently illegally leaked from the state police system, and then go on to argue that he disputes some of the contents of the police record about himself, he has obtained from the same system, but apparently obtaining them without going through the correct procedures.

There is more to come for sure.

Zebra3 wrote: »
    If anyone did leak information to the media, he or she or they should be awarded medals.

So government Minister breaks law = bad
    Anyone else breaks the law = good

• Registered Users Posts: 13,897 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

bubblypop wrote: »
    So government Minister breaks law = bad
    Anyone else breaks the law = good

Nobody said that. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Absolutely not.

Being against repeal was one thing. That's okay, I disagree with it but people are entitled to their opinion on these matters.

However, like a lot of his party, he voted against having the referendum. He didn't think that the people should have a say in the matter, so for that we should never let him forget about it.
    They're two different matters and he deserves all the stick and opprobrium he gets for it.
    Yeah Ive no problems with Chambers taking a pro life stance either, he is entitled to his opinion even if people dont agree with it. But aside from Chambers voting against holding the referendum before that when he ran for election as TD in Brian Lenihans old seat most voters didnt know anything about his pro life stance, he didnt include it on his election leaflets distributed to all the houses in the constituency.

So after he got elected it came out he is a pro lifer and a lot of people who voted for him felt deceived. He knew well that if he proclaimed to be pro life many wouldnt vote for him so like a snake he kept quiet about it.
    Tony EH wrote: »
    Well, that's a great start to the new govt.

Was thinking the same myself, Michael Martin has made a mess of this. Big six months ahead for Ireland in terms of Brexit and with less than three weeks in power Martin already looks like a weak leader. The Tories will have been watching this mess unfold. We need strong leadership and already Martin is holed below the waterline.

FFers are paying taxes so you can draw your dole and spend your time on fora like these.

Right? I see. That's where you're at is it?

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Yeah Ive no problems with Chambers taking a pro life stance either, he is entitled to his opinion even if people dont agree with it. But aside from Chambers voting against holding the referendum before that when he ran for election as TD in Brian Lenihans old seat most voters didnt know anything about his pro life stance, he didnt include it on his election leaflets distributed to all the houses in the constituency.

So after he got elected it came out he is a pro lifer and a lot of people who voted for him felt deceived. He knew well that if he proclaimed to be pro life many wouldnt vote for him so like a snake he kept quiet about it.

There was an election in February. The people of Dublin West had no problem with his anti-choice stance then though.
    Was thinking the same myself, Michael Martin has made a mess of this. Big six months ahead for Ireland in terms of Brexit and with less than three weeks in power Martin already looks like a weak leader. The Tories will have been watching this mess unfold. We need strong leadership and already Martin is holed below the waterline.

Yup. I guess that's why Coveney has remained in DFAT so MM doesn't fupp up all the hard work of the last 5 years.

Muahahaha wrote: »

Well, I wouldn't go that far. Martin's ship is still very much afloat.

It's more akin to having to throw a crewmember overboard, just after leaving port.

In the grand scheme of things, it's a pretty mild affair. It's just not the start that they were hoping for.

That's right, I'm working. You should try it sometime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

You might find yourself humming, 'Come out you black and tans' this is normal. Your first copy of 'An Phoblacht' is in the post ;)

• Advertisement

Jesus :rolleyes:

And I thought FG'ers were gobshites for this kind of drivel.

Advertisement