Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barry Cowen sacked

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    I have no idea, I don't work in farming.

Do you?

Oh we all know that, and have done for quite some time.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Oh we all know that, and have done for quite some time.

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,536 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Incorrect, neither washed or rinsed, buddy.

In the other thread re minimum wage you most definitely were.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,553 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

TheCitizen wrote: »
    In the other thread re minimum wage you most definitely were.

Living wage dude, you can’t even get the subject right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭Liamo57

Thomas Byrne and the Cowen's are out of the same stable. An ounce of breeding is worth of breeding, the former are devoid of all traits, hence their performance this far. I don't want to hear the Cowen name ever again.

• Advertisement

a ton of feeding

Living wage dude, you can’t even get the subject right.

Living wage/minimum wage were both being discussed, and you were rinsed regardless.

Living wage/minimum wage were both being discussed, and you were rinsed regardless.

Rinsed?

Liamo57 wrote: »
    Thomas Byrne and the Cowen's are out of the same stable. An ounce of breeding is worth of breeding, the former are devoid of all traits, hence their performance this far. I don't want to hear the Cowen name ever again.

You'll have to straighten yourself out there a bit and come again with that.

Rinsed?

He was proven wrong, time and time again in the other thread Sheffield fanboy.

• Advertisement

He was proven wrong, time and time again in the other thread Sheffield fanboy.

Was he winning political points? or losing them?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,897 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

I have no idea, I don't work in farming.

Do you?

You were the one on here claiming farmers were gutted that Cowen got the boot, but you've offered no reason to back this up.

Zebra3 wrote: »
    You were the one on here claiming farmers were gutted that Cowen got the boot, but you've offered no reason to back this up.

and???

and???

So they told you they were gutted he's gone but never said why?

So they told you they were gutted he's gone but never said why?

This is what you posted

Really?

What special attributes did a man who sold houses have when it comes to agriculture?

PhD in agricultural studies? Did he ever run a farm? Please tell us.

I asked if you worked on a farm, do you?

This is what you posted

I asked if you worked on a farm, do you?

This was your post:
    For all the carry on of people to get Cowan kicked out just because he was FF

I was talking to a few members of the IFA last night. They think it is a disaster. They wanted Cowan in the role and felt he would have been perfect for the job.

In the end the one person who will be hurt is the farmer.

And I'm curious to know why these IFA members who you spoke to think Cowen would've been so great in the job.

You seem desperate to avoid this for some reason.

Where I work isn't any of your business nor is it related to this thread.

This was your post:

And I'm curious to know why these IFA members who you spoke to think Cowen would've been so great in the job.

You seem desperate to avoid this for some reason.

Where I work isn't any of your business nor is it related to this thread.

So why was it related to the thread or any of your business when you asked me?

Im not desperate to avoid anything. If you have issues understanding the original post thats nothing to do with me.

Its great that Biffos brother is gone. Arrogance is a dreasful trait. He can horse as much porter into him as he wants now, the arrogant flute.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

For all the carry on of people to get Cowan kicked out just because he was FF

I was talking to a few members of the IFA last night. They think it is a disaster. They wanted Cowan in the role and felt he would have been perfect for the job.

In the end the one person who will be hurt is the farmer.

So these are the new talking points from HQ?

"The poor farmers"

Is Calleary not as good as Cowan [sic]?

So you are now telling me who I was or wasn't talking to?

IFA wants someone who is good at their job, the people I talked about have met Cowan a number of times prior to him getting the job. Said he was hugely impressive and felt he would do an excellent job

Have you met Cowan>

Stop ranting

• Advertisement

eagle eye wrote: »
    I'm not dressing anything up

It's the furore on social media aided by the Irish media is the reason he has been sacked. Basically all the stupid in social media following the lead of a couple of agenda drivers.
    Martin had no choice because he's not strong enough to stand up and say that social media is unimportant as regards running a country.
    He's a poor leader, disgraceful that anybody responsible for us all going through extremely hard times got to be Taoiseach, and he has no balls.

Would you ever stop.

No one is buying your nonsense about the "whys and wherefores" of his sacking. We all know why it happened. I have no idea why you keep coming in here day after day alternating between this and "wha' 'bout Buckley".

It's tiresome.

KiKi III wrote: »
    Seems like if he agreed to go in and answer questions openly he’d still be in his post.

As is often the case, the cover up did more harm than the crime.

I said the same on the day he was in making his bullshít statement.

As did others.

I've repeated it.

As have others.

The naivety coupled with the arrogance was a bad but altogether familiar FF combination (and trait).

B I'm shocked that I thanked your post but deserved in this instance.

Me too!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Your man that made the claims about s certain TD he claims was the source of the leak that ultimately led to Barry Cowen losing his ministerial position has made a series of tweets making some serious accusations about how your man is apparently now engaging in a smear campaign against him.

It starts with this tweet here.

https://twitter.com/unspeakable28/status/1284178013140156417?s=19

And continues on.

https://twitter.com/unspeakable28/status/1284178015048663040?s=19

And on and on. (You don't need me linking to them, most of us know how twitter works FFS! :D

I can see no reason for Ken McFadden to tell lies about any of it, he comes across as an honest, sincere individual with little to gain by telling lies.

In comparison, the man he is making his accusations against, never came across as sincere in his TV appearances before any of this kicked of, certainly not in the LMFM radio interview I linked to, he also had a motive for doing what he's being accused of doing and confirmed he was on the phone to McFadden at around the time of night McFadden said he was.

Byrne seems like a nasty piece of work, truth be told.

Grab yourself a cup of something, and have a read through the tweets.

Let's hope McFadden is vindicated, and Byrne ends up falling on his sword.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Jim Root

eagle eye wrote: »
    I never said that.
    I said the reason he's gone is those people turning it into something ridiculous. It's not the first time something like this has happened and unfortunately it won't be the last either.

Drink driving is not a trivial matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Barry is on Midland 103 now 103.5 FM if within range or online...

I'd prefer to listen to nails on a chalkboard looped.

So why was it related to the thread or any of your business when you asked me?

Im not desperate to avoid anything. If you have issues understanding the original post thats nothing to do with me.

You are desperate to avoid explaining why the IFA members you claim to have had a chat with are disappointed that Cowen is gone from his brief.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I'd prefer to listen to nails on a chalkboard looped.

Thanks plumb, I've been bed stricken since yesterday after hurting my back at work somehow, currently face down on the four poster here with spasms running up my spine from chuckling at this!

Thanks for the laughter induced pain. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

Midlands 103 is as funny as f*ck this morning.

The Cowen local team is gunning for Michael Martin :pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Rectification? Rectitude Shirley?

No he's right it's early still. That said he's wrong as well!

Why do TD's have this amazing bumptiousness

Advertisement