Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

App Always sorts posts by oldest..most times will not show new threads

Options
  • 14-07-2020 9:17pm

Android App...For most threads on nearly all sections...it defaults to oldest.

So the app displays threads from 18 years ago first. A lot of the time. If I hit 'last', the newest is stil 12 years old.

I have checked options on the app and can't see anything.

Have you heard of this before?

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi FillaName,

There have been some reports of old threads appearing first when viewing a forum. This issue is typically fixed by a refresh (sometimes it is necessary to do this a couple of times).

The apps are no longer supported I'm afraid, so we won't be able to look at the issue with them specifically in mind. Instead, we recommend using touch.boards.ie for mobile browsing. Sorry about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

Hi FillaName,

There have been some reports of old threads appearing first when viewing a forum. This issue is typically fixed by a refresh (sometimes it is necessary to do this a couple of times).

The apps are no longer supported I'm afraid, so we won't be able to look at the issue with them specifically in mind. Instead, we recommend using touch.boards.ie for mobile browsing. Sorry about that.

This happens on the browser also, Chrome on Android.

When entering a thread, older posts appear first and it often doesn't fix itself with a refresh. Going to the Desktop site fixes this so it might be the touch site only?

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

GooglePlus wrote: »
    This happens on the browser also, Chrome on Android.

When entering a thread, older posts appear first and it often doesn't fix itself with a refresh. Going to the Desktop site fixes this so it might be the touch site only?

Hi GooglePlus. Thanks for your post. We are aware of the issue and are currently investigating. There's a dedicated thread to this issue in Site Development: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058059392

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement