Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peace Commissioner near Dublin 8

Options
  • 14-07-2020 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi all,

Does anyone know a Peace Commissioner in or near Dublin 8? Have been googling and cannot find anyone. I will try the Gardai but many have said they often don't have a list of these people so I wanted to try here first.

We just need a declaration of exemption for NPPR signed.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The list should be in the local Garda station.

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Dub4747 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Does anyone know a Peace Commissioner in or near Dublin 8? Have been googling and cannot find anyone. I will try the Gardai but many have said they often don't have a list of these people so I wanted to try here first.

We just need a declaration of exemption for NPPR signed.

Thanks

Joe McNamara will do it for free and he's a gent. Corrigan Funeral Directors, 5 Lwr Camden St

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Joe McNamara will do it for free and he's a gent. Corrigan Funeral Directors, 5 Lwr Camden St
    Beat me to it! Yes, this.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,324 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

He better do it for free as a Peace Commissioner is an honorary office for which he is not entitled to charge!

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Marcusm wrote: »
    He better do it for free as a Peace Commissioner is an honorary office for which he is not entitled to charge!

Correct, but lots of them charge for it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Correct, but lots of them charge for it

Are you thinking of Commissioners for Oaths who are allowed charge?

A substantial number of PCs are current, former or wannabe politicians and it would be quite damaging for their prospects to be charging people!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Report a PC if they are charging.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

I was in a barbers once, and he is a peace commissioner. Whilst getting my hair cut, a few different groups came in to get his signature. If they offered money, he said he could X. He didn't charge them, but they offered him money. That's how he got around that.

Advertisement