Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taxation on ESPP stocks

Options
  • 15-07-2020 12:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

I am planning to register for Unapproved share scheme ESPP (15% discount). The same plan explained on revenue website. As mentioned on revenue site, I'll be paying Income tax from my payroll after 6 month period ends. I have couple of questions around selling those stocks:

1. Is it possible to sell these stocks immediately when they are granted to me ?
    2. Let's say I bought them for 40 euros (discounted price) and market value at the grant date is 60 euros. I will be paying IT for 20 euro profit (60 - 40) from my payroll. If I can sell them on grant day itself (60 euro market price), do I need to pay any other tax like CGT again?

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

Advertisement