Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Self install self monitoring wireless system

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

I am never a fan of alarms such as the above that have the keypad as part of the control panel as this significantly compromises the security of the system. If the control panel is harder to find the system is more difficult to defeat, simple as. If the keypad is on the panel it will be have to be placed in an easy to find location local to the normal entrance. The above system is also very pricey!

I think you would be better off with an Ajax System intruder alarm, see thread here. This smart alarm offers lots of options including full app control and self monitoring which is becoming ever more popular. There are plenty of tutorials on YouTube that will assist you with the install.

This system is used by PSA registered professionals in Ireland which is an indication of their reliability and a reflection of the fact that they are EN 50131 certified. Although this standard sets the bar quite low I would not consider using any alarm that fails to meet this standard.

Advertisement