Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buying from northern Ireland

Options
  • 15-07-2020 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

I was on to a dealer up north, he gave me a a price + carriage to send to rfd in south.

How does it work at this end ? do i go to rfd and ask them to receive it for me and hold till cert arrives ? how much will they charge approx ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 bruman

burtner wrote: »
    I was on to a dealer up north, he gave me a a price + carriage to send to rfd in south.

How does it work at this end ? do i go to rfd and ask them to receive it for me and hold till cert arrives ? how much will they charge approx ?

Contact local RFD to see if they will do this for you. The RFD will need details of the NI dealer and details of what is to be imported. RFD will then need to apply for an import permit from the Dept of Justice which takes between 7 & 10 days. I would imagine the cost to be around €50 to €75 + VAT. You are really covering the cost of the paperwork / time.

PM me if you want more info.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭tudderone

A lot of dealers don't like doing it i find, as you are making them the middle man who's not getting much out of it. The only times i did where when the centrefire pistols were out, and no one down here could get me a Glock, no problem in the north, and it was simple and straightforward, with an article 7 import cert (free).

Advertisement