Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BER

Options
  • 15-07-2020 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭

What noticeable changes would bring a house from B1 rating to A3/A2?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,644 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

teednab-el wrote: »
    What noticeable changes would bring a house from B1 rating to A3/A2?

MHRV and very good air tightness result

• Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

sydthebeat wrote: »
    MHRV and very good air tightness result

Another question. I am building at the moment and got a provisional BER of A3 for my build. I have airtightness and MHRV. 150mm pumped cavity and air to water and triple glazing windows. What could one do to get to A2 when the BER is finally done at completion?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,644 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

teednab-el wrote: »
    Another question. I am building at the moment and got a provisional BER of A3 for my build. I have airtightness and MHRV. 150mm pumped cavity and air to water and triple glazing windows. What could one do to get to A2 when the BER is finally done at completion?

not being smart but whoever did your provisional assessment would be able to tell you this, specifically, in about 15 mins of checking.... assuming they were offering you a specification.

all we can do here is give you generals with no guarantees.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

sydthebeat wrote: »
    not being smart but whoever did your provisional assessment would be able to tell you this, specifically, in about 15 mins of checking.... assuming they were offering you a specification.

all we can do here is give you generals with no guarantees.

No problem. Will check it out.

Advertisement