Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Opening of "No-Food" pubs pushed out again

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭PommieBast

hynesie08 wrote: »
    If they're just guidelines why isn't every pub ignoring them.......
    I suspect that a lot of them have already decided to throw in the towel and are just waiting for insolvency proceedings to kick off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,949 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    It ain't what you do... it's the way that you do it.

I might get away with streaking at the Hurling Final on Sunday. But if I tell everyone I am going to do it....

Before anyone gives out I plan on wearing a mask. I wouldn't dare bring the safety of the players into contention. They don't deserve that in fairness.

But where? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Mr rebel

First time out tonight since the summer and have to say it wasn’t as enjoyable as back then. Atmosphere felt rather tense and they are definitely more strict about last orders by 10:45pm now as opposed to 11:30pm in the summer. I guess they were all told to be more strict with the rules this time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

Zebra3 wrote: »
    But where? :D

Jesus if NPHET give out for not wearing on your nose ...!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Mr rebel wrote: »
    First time out tonight since the summer and have to say it wasn’t as enjoyable as back then. Atmosphere felt rather tense and they are definitely more strict about last orders by 10:45pm now as opposed to 11:30pm in the summer. I guess they were all told to be more strict with the rules this time.

That's the way it is/and is going to be for some months ahead it seems, I;m in rural Co Limerick but have a relative who owns a pub in Limerick city - non food, he can't see it opening until at least next April at the earliest. I wouldn't even contemplate going out as thing stand, we've both been working from home since March we go out once every two weeks to the local town for our shopping and that's it, it's way too early in this game for people to be going out for meals/going to shopping centres/meeting up with friends etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

The pub next to me was packed with young people again last night. People sitting on each other's laps, crowded tables and loads of moving around. If you wanted to give Covid-19 a chance to spread, this would be it.

boombang wrote: »
    The pub next to me was packed with young people again last night. People sitting on each other's laps, crowded tables and loads of moving around. If you wanted to give Covid-19 a chance to spread, this would be it.

Good man, Broy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Doesn't sound well run at all, could do with a visit. What part of the country is this?

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Level 42

GoneHome wrote: »
    That's the way it is/and is going to be for some months ahead it seems, I;m in rural Co Limerick but have a relative who owns a pub in Limerick city - non food, he can't see it opening until at least next April at the earliest. I wouldn't even contemplate going out as thing stand, we've both been working from home since March we go out once every two weeks to the local town for our shopping and that's it, it's way too early in this game for people to be going out for meals/going to shopping centres/meeting up with friends etc

Ridiculous get out and live

saabsaab wrote: »
    Doesn't sound well run at all, could do with a visit. What part of the country is this?

Most of the people here would say a visit would be the action of a police state.

Dún Laoghaire.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Sublime post. I mean the is one of the nicest wind ups I have read in a while. I couldn't do a better job myself.

Tell me, you must have gone in for a glass yourself if you managed to spot drinkers knee hopping in the corner? Crafty Devils.

Turn off your Laptop and get out for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

We all know this isn't true.

We all know this isn't true.

It is true. Do you want me to take pictures this evening and post them here? I might need to twitch my curtains to do so.

It is true. Do you want me to take pictures this evening and post them here? I might need to twitch my curtains to do so.

Please do. I'll check back here later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Anyway, the chain of pubs trying to flout the €9 meal have all mysteriously removed their posts, I wonder if the local super had a word.......

Please do. I'll check back here later.

Clearly there's no guarantee the pub will be as busy, but I get can show you the pub is busy I'll DM you an image. In exchange, I might ask you to confirm to those in the thread that there's a busy pub operating beyond what can be considered fair within the guidelines. I'd prefer to DM you the photo as I'm not interested in publicly ratting out a particular business.

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Sublime post. I mean the is one of the nicest wind ups I have read in a while. I couldn't do a better job myself.

Tell me, you must have gone in for a glass yourself if you managed to spot drinkers knee hopping in the corner? Crafty Devils.

Turn off your Laptop and get out for a while.

The pub in question has floor to ceiling windows and is metres from my home. I can easily see in to it.

I just walked past it to on my way for messages there. A good few people in their now, enjoying lunch and a drink. It's all very civilised at the moment and it's not too packed at all. People look like they're having a nice, relaxing time. Good on them.

The pub in question has floor to ceiling windows and is metres from my home. I can easily see in to it.

I just walked past it to on my way for messages there. A good few people in their now, enjoying lunch and a drink. It's all very civilised at the moment and it's not too packed at all. People look like they're having a nice, relaxing time. Good on them.

Someone paid a visit!

Someone paid a visit!

I'm loving everyone calling me a liar because what I saw doesn't fit what they want to believe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 746 ✭✭✭aziz

Make sure to get in nice and close to get some pictures so we might get a few pictures back of you picking your teeth up off the floor

aziz wrote: »
    Make sure to get in nice and close to get some pictures so we might get a few pictures back of you picking your teeth up off the floor

Not a nice thing to say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

you enjoy seeing virus' spread?

I'm loving everyone calling me a liar because what I saw doesn't fit what they want to believe.

I believe, I think most know it goes on in some places. Always a few that won't take heed.

mikekerry wrote: »
    Because people are compliant .
    If they all just got together and opened up but they will never get it together to do that.
    Nobody seems to have an answer to the law that was broke?
    The bars name is Oscars and I've already reported them to the Gardaí.
    reported in the IT https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/two-dublin-bars-suspend-9-substantial-meal-to-stop-food-waste-1.4435442

what they are going to have to do is stop serving people who don't eat

reported in the IT https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/two-dublin-bars-suspend-9-substantial-meal-to-stop-food-waste-1.4435442

They're only giving four quid of it to charity, cheap cnuts....

• Advertisement

For all those who've called me out as a liar and those who thanked those posts, if the pub is as busy as I've said, will you state here if:

A. That's not a good thing
    B. So what, it's grand

I don't want a whole lot of people saying I was a liar then saying what I claimed doesn't matter if I can show it to be true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 475 ✭✭AdrianBalboa

For all those who've called me out as a liar and those who thanked those posts, if the pub is as busy as I've said, will you state here if:

B. So what, it's grand

I don't want a whole lot of people saying I was a liar then saying what I claimed doesn't matter if I can show it to be true.

It’s not a good thing. People who name and shame these places are heroes.

B. So what, it's grand

Busy or unsafe? Cause the pub you're talking about can hold a couple of hundred seated with no distancing issues......

Busy or unsafe? Cause the pub you're talking about can hold a couple of hundred seated with no distancing issues......

I doubt that there is any pub in Ireland that can take a couple of hundred seated and no distance issues.

It’s not a good thing. People who name and shame these places are heroes.

No interest in naming and shaming. Just want to prove I'm not a liar.

• Advertisement

I'm making no claims about safety or otherwise. I'm just saying the pub is busy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

https://www.earthcam.com/world/ireland/dublin/?cam=templebar

Temple bar looking very busy for a change, great to see

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭lukas8888

No what's needed is either open all pubs or close all. It's long past time this food nonsense was exposed.Even the poor old dogs on the street know that the meal compliance is virtually non existent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 475 ✭✭AdrianBalboa

PTH2009 wrote: »

I can see a few people without masks. Disappointing.

I doubt that there is any pub in Ireland that can take a couple of hundred seated and no distance issues.

This pub can, it's ridiculously big, according to the app, they have 135 tables, even if they were at 40% capacity I'd say your still talking 200+

PTH2009 wrote: »

It's Saturday night and you're sitting at home watching other people go the pub?? Whatever floats your boat......

I can see a few people without masks. Disappointing.

Did you call AGS?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Just watching the camera video inside the pub, not an iota of food inside.

votecounts wrote: »

Chicken wings vaccine won't work then, they'll all wake up dead tomorrow from covid.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

I hope you’ve called 999 and alerted St Tony ???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Have been watching it for over an hour now. I've recorded my screen. I've spotted no less than 8 violations of the regs. Will present it to Kevin Street Garda station tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭Acosta

Given that there's little or no tourists around, I do wonder why there's so many people in Temple Bar and not, you know, somewhere decent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,942 ✭✭✭growleaves

Why would there be food in the middle of the street? Am I missing something?

Have been watching it for over an hour now. I've recorded my screen. I've spotted no less than 8 violations of the regs. Will present it to Kevin Street Garda station tomorrow.

I was slagging my parents recently for attending virtual mass. We'll have a good laugh when I tell them about this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭Neowise

growleaves wrote: »
    Why would there be food in the middle of the street? Am I missing something?

poster said 'inside' the pub https://www.earthcam.com/world/ireland/dublin/?cam=dublinpub

people are there because it is pedestrianized, so you dont have to worry about being knocked down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 404 ✭✭E mac

This is so depressing...people are out right now having pints with their mates. I haven't in months.

We should bring in the death penalty, it's the only answer to this madness.

Dial 999 now, this is outrageous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

We should bring in the death penalty, it's the only answer to this madness.

Dial 999 now, this is outrageous.

Do you think increased contacts in enclosed spaces like pubs will lead to increased cases and deaths?

• Advertisement

Do you think increased contacts in enclosed spaces like pubs will lead to increased cases and deaths?

You're being lied to. Have you ever seen a covid ward. Have you ever been in one? I have. It's full of VERY old people already on the way out. But by all means keep drinking the RTE kool aid.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement