Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Opening of "No-Food" pubs pushed out again

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

TL:DR I prefer traditional cafes/restaurants so I think they should open ahead of pubs/gastropubs

There is no reason that a coffee shop should be allowed open for indoor / sit down service and not a non food pub. They should never have been treated differently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,798 ✭✭✭✭kippy

There is no reason that a coffee shop should be allowed open for indoor / sit down service and not a non food pub. They should never have been treated differently.

They absolutely have to be treated differently. It's a pity the obvious difference between them aren't so obvious to you.

The biggest lie being propagated by the idiot brigade. Why oh why would the 'establishment' want to kill off one of the main selling point so our tourist industry, the Irish Pub?? Ill humour you for a sec so lets go back to pre covid? Please point me towards any evidence of this dastardly plan? Anything?

Yep, they questions should always be broken down to who and why? It breaks down a lot of the nonsense spouted.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Stormyteacup

Agree. There is a weird disdain from some for anyone who enjoys a drink in a social setting.

The reason given for closures was that indoor, normally (for Ireland) ventilated spaces, with medium to large groups of people is high risk for spread of an aerosol virus.

There was no need for the government to focus on alcohol and its impact on behaviour. The picking and choosing of which parts of hospitality to open was a ridiculous farce. Either close all, open all with same restrictions, or ban alcohol altogether. If behaviour under the influence increases the spread of covid then why allow unrestricted sales of it on supermarkets and off-licenses?

If you believe you are safe in a coffee shop you haven’t been paying attention, or have disregarded the science because you would like to visit a coffee shop.

Personally I would prefer to make my own risk assessment, but that’s not going to be an option.

And if you believe hospitality owners are gougers, I reckon the carpet baggers descending post business failures will be much worse.

At the very least the businesses forced to close should be fully supported financially. Not only are pubs going to the wall - they’ve an uphill battle to look forward to afterwards, against a Puritan push and spin campaign that has slashed a red X across their doors.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Windmill100000

The biggest lie being propagated by the idiot brigade. Why oh why would the 'establishment' want to kill off one of the main selling point so our tourist industry, the Irish Pub?? Ill humour you for a sec so lets go back to pre covid? Please point me towards any evidence of this dastardly plan? Anything?

Similarly, why would any government DELIBERATELY destroy their economy? They wont be voted back in if they do and God knows politicians want to be elected.

It's not a global conspiracy but in many ways it has been an overreaction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Agree. There is a weird disdain from some for anyone who enjoys a drink in a social setting.

The reason given for closures was that indoor, normally (for Ireland) ventilated spaces, with medium to large groups of people is high risk for spread of an aerosol virus.

There was no need for the government to focus on alcohol and its impact on behaviour. The picking and choosing of which parts of hospitality to open was a ridiculous farce. Either close all, open all with same restrictions, or ban alcohol altogether. If behaviour under the influence increases the spread of covid then why allow unrestricted sales of it on supermarkets and off-licenses?

If you believe you are safe in a coffee shop you haven’t been paying attention, or have disregarded the science because you would like to visit a coffee shop.

Personally I would prefer to make my own risk assessment, but that’s not going to be an option.

And if you believe hospitality owners are gougers, I reckon the carpet baggers descending post business failures will be much worse.

At the very least the businesses forced to close should be fully supported financially. Not only are pubs going to the wall - they’ve an uphill battle to look forward to afterwards, against a Puritan push and spin campaign that has slashed a red X across their doors.

Distain for drinkers...
    Ban all alcohol sales...
    Puritan push...

Is there a pub conspiracy theorist bingo game? You might be close to a full house.

If there’s a big puritan push from government and the public against drinking, why do you think they didn’t ban alcohol sale in shops?

kippy wrote: »
    They absolutely have to be treated differently. It's a pity the obvious difference between them aren't so obvious to you.

Please explain to me how an indoor seated coffee shop and indoor seated pub are different in the context of being open or closed by virus risk.

Please explain to me how an indoor seated coffee shop and indoor seated pub are different in the context of being open or closed by virus risk.

I think you should clarify one thing about the scenario first: are people getting drunk in the coffee shop?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Drifter50

Easy now, just look at it from the other side of the fence if the pubs are closed / restricted to eateries

-the A&E departments are not overrun at the weekends with alcohol related incidents, fights, scraps, car crashes etc etc
    - AGS don`t have to spend large resources policing cities like Dublin, Cork, Limerick, Galway and more so that when the pubs empty later in the evenings and crowds get rowdy then incidents start
    -domestic abuse would be curbed / reduced. The support services for all this stuff would not be under such pressure and could be reassigned

Plenty of reasons to close the traditional pubs and turn them all into Tony`s cafe society culture

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Don't you know as soon as an Irish person gets a taste of alcohol on their lips they lose all inhibitions and start licking everyone around them.

I've seen as many cafes bend the rules or not be able to apply them properly as I have bars/gastropubs but never remember much stir in the media about it.

• Advertisement

Alcohol, people's behaviour, opening hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

You don't need to buy food in a Gastro pub in 'normal' times...
    I really don't think the arms of the state are in cohoots with private enterprise or indeed have the capability to do this.
    There are plenty smaller pubs that sell food rurally and the reality for a lot of pubs I'd they need to be doing this in the modern world anyway to turn a buck.

Most rural pubs don't do food.

In fact, a family with a pub locally has said that its the first time they've ever had a steady guaranteed income in the house - with a few pup payments every week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,858 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

If behaviour under the influence increases the spread of covid then why allow unrestricted sales of it on supermarkets and off-licenses?

Because visiting a pub inevitably involves sharing the same indoor space, over a fairly extended period, with people outside your immediate family. Yes I know people have house parties, and in principle they are probably worse than pubs for spreading the virus, but that's only part of the consumption of shop-bought alcohol. Plus if people were really determined to drink at home they would stock up in Norn Iron or whatever...

Alcohol, people's behaviour, opening hours.

The pubs are open for much shorter hours than some coffee shops, weve no 24 hour pubs here,

On alcohol , how does alcohol itself impact virus risks, on a chemical level ? Most pubs also serve coffee and an array of soft drinks.

The worst place ive seen for peoples behaviour has been pennys, people on top of each other in the queue, masks around chins, handling all the clothes in racks one after another,

Most rural pubs don't do food.

In fact, a family with a pub locally has said that its the first time they've ever had a steady guaranteed income in the house - with a few pup payments every week

I don't deny that was said to you, but surely that almost proves the point? That pubs have been failing for years now and those that don't/haven't diversified have been in more trouble than most.
    Am in a rural area at the minute. 8 of the 12 pubs in the surrounding 20 miles or so serve food.
    It's depopulation, stricter drink driving laws, no public transport, healthier living and proliferation of off license sales that have effected rural pubs more than anything.
    Pubs that don't have food sales have been struggling for years.

The pubs are open for much shorter hours than some coffee shops, weve no 24 hour pubs here,

On alcohol , how does alcohol itself impact virus risks, on a chemical level ? Most pubs also serve coffee and an array of soft drinks.

The worst place ive seen for peoples behaviour has been pennys, people on top of each other in the queue, masks around chins, handling all the clothes in racks one after another,

Alcohol impacts human behaviour. Human behaviour impacts virus transmission.

Do you deny either of the two facts above?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,119 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

its highly unlikely you would see many people leave a coffee shop head stright for a cramped over crowded takaway all at the same time espically at night hang around town until 5 am and forget compleatly about this whole pandemic lark

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Allinall

people tend to spend a lot longer in pubs, and tend to drink alcohol which lowers inhibitions, which in turn increases the chances of picking up, or spreading the virus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭hynesie08

its highly unlikely you would see many people leave a coffee shop head stright for a cramped over crowded takaway all at the same time espically at night hang around town until 5 am and forget compleatly about this whole pandemic lark

You won't have seen that at a pub either, they've had to close at 11 all through covid......

hynesie08 wrote: »
    You won't have seen that at a pub either, they've had to close at 11 all through covid......

Have many coffee shops been opening till 11 during Covid?

• Advertisement

i think going out for a meal and out on the piss are two compleatly diffrent things altogether , also if you think people would have stopped drinking altogether had a ban on off licences and supermarkets being introduced you must be on another planet , the country would be full of booze within a week and all through the proceeds of crime

hynesie08 wrote: »

so people would have still gone out at 10pm had the pub being alowed open untill 11:D

look people would have just started drinking earlier if the pubs were closing earlier

You don't need to buy food in a Gastro pub in 'normal' times...
    I really don't think the arms of the state are in cohoots with private enterprise or indeed have the capability to do this.
    There are plenty smaller pubs that sell food rurally and the reality for a lot of pubs I'd they need to be doing this in the modern world anyway to turn a buck.

Perhaps I did`nt explain clearly enough

- I know you don`t have to buy food in a gastro pub but is it not fair to say you are encouraged to / have a menu stuck under your nose and Gawd help you if you ask for a seat on your own
    - I said nothing about private enterprise, I am talking about what the nanny state wants and that is to move away from our model unfortunately
    -3 out of 7 pubs in my area do food and the non food pubs are as busy with under 35`s as the ones serving food which tend to have an older clientele.

Have many coffee shops been opening till 11 during Covid?

Starbucks stephens green was 24 hours and now closes at 10.30, many arabs and asians who do not drink would spend hours there as their social outlet , not all coffee shops are the same but that one can be fairly compared to a non food pub as it functions basically as one for those who dont drink.

This idea that everyone going to the pub is going to get hammered and that it automatically means rule breaking is nonsense. I still see no compelling case for treating a non food pub and a coffee shop differently, same risk, double standards in enforcement.

Distain for drinkers...
    Ban all alcohol sales...
    Puritan push...

Is there a pub conspiracy theorist bingo game? You might be close to a full house.

If there’s a big puritan push from government and the public against drinking, why do you think they didn’t ban alcohol sale in shops?

You`re not far wrong here
    Surely you can see the disdain for drinkers that abounds these days
    Ban all alcohol sales.............Mmm watch this space
    Puritan push. Ha, you only have to listen to some of the "mind yourself" ads being sent out by the government these days
    Close the bingo halls and betting shops, again watch this space because the anti gambling brigade would love that

Starbucks stephens green was 24 hours and now closes at 10.30, many arabs and asians who do not drink would spend hours there as their social outlet , not all coffee shops are the same but that one can be fairly compared to a non food pub as it functions basically as one for those who dont drink.

This idea that everyone going to the pub is going to get hammered and that it automatically means rule breaking is nonsense. I still see no compelling case for treating a non food pub and a coffee shop differently, same risk, double standards in enforcement.
    So one coffee shop in the entire country opened to within a half hour of the pubs...

Can you answer my previous question to you....rather than repeating your own opinion again..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

On alcohol , how does alcohol itself impact virus risks, on a chemical level ? Most pubs also serve coffee and an array of soft drinks,

Look your delibrtaely being obtuse here. I love going to the pub and would have been in one most weekends with either friends, family or work colleagues. I was in one on 21st of September which took the regulations seriously, had gotten rid of the pool table, everyone social distancing, Perspex up and were doing table service. All good from that perspective.

After closing time there was another pub up the town that we had to walk by and all the people had spilled on the streets, all on top of each other, organising house parties to go to etc. Now I think that pub was overwhelmed - they didn't have the staff to enforce the rules and after a few drinks people just lost the run of themselves.

You can make whatever points you want about personal responsibility, enforcing rules in pubs etc but the fact remains that that second scenario is repeated in every town and village in Ireland as soon as the pubs open, and short of putting on 1000s of extra guards to enforce rules then thats not going to change. The real losers are the owners and patrons of pubs that are doing it right - but there is no credible way of identifying the good pubs from the bad pubs, so everyone has to suffer.

Lol at your dedication to pretending not to understand the point about alcohol. It’s a disingenuous thing to do and really casts you in a very negative light as a poster. But fair play for the dedication to missing the point.

You betray that you actually do understand the point in the next paragraph about Pennys - the behaviour change resulting from being drunk.

Drifter50 wrote: »
    Perhaps I did`nt explain clearly enough

- I know you don`t have to buy food in a gastro pub but is it not fair to say you are encouraged to / have a menu stuck under your nose and Gawd help you if you ask for a seat on your own
    - I said nothing about private enterprise, I am talking about what the nanny state wants and that is to move away from our model unfortunately
    -3 out of 7 pubs in my area do food and the non food pubs are as busy with under 35`s as the ones serving food which tend to have an older clientele.

But private enterprise themselves are moving away from the model.....or else closing....that's what's been happening here.
    It's part of a bigger issue of rural depopulation and all of the other things I have mentioned.
    Locally both sets of pubs have a mixed clientele and plenty drinking goes on in those that serve food also.

• Advertisement

Drifter50 wrote: »
    You`re not far wrong here
    Surely you can see the disdain for drinkers that abounds these days
    Ban all alcohol sales.............Mmm watch this space
    Puritan push. Ha, you only have to listen to some of the "mind yourself" ads being sent out by the government these days
    Close the bingo halls and betting shops, again watch this space because the anti gambling brigade would love that

There’s absolutely no restriction on buying alcohol outside pubs. There have been plenty of calls for closing off-license alcohol sales and government hasn’t even entertained the idea.

But I think a lot of people calling for off-license closures were people doing it out of spite rather than out of anything serious. The vintners certainly publicly suggested there should be a ban on alcohol sales (if pubs can’t open).

There is regulation of alcohol sales and that’s government’s job. But the notion that there’s a puritan trend towards banning alcohol, is conspiracy theory stuff- akin to 5G or anti-vaccine, it makes me think the person saying it is probably not very bright.

Lol at your dedication to pretending not to understand the point about alcohol. It’s a disingenuous thing to do and really casts you in a very negative light as a poster. But fair play for the dedication to missing the point.

You betray that you actually do understand the point in the next paragraph about Pennys - the behaviour change resulting from being drunk.

Im not pretending to not understand anything. Heres my issue.

if the laws are about stopping people piling on top of each other - pennys and a lot of low end, non essential retail should be closed too

if the laws are about sitting around for a long time socialising causing infection spread - coffee shops should be closed too

if its about deciding what to close to just limit whats open in general then a lot more things including the pub should be closed.

The non food pubs in Dublin have been shut since march, no matter what angle or reason you put on it, if its about limiting infections, interactions, time spent socialising etc.. other things should also have remained closed in tandem with the pubs. Clearly that has not happened and I think the non food pubs should have had the same rules as coffee shops and food pubs, all open or all closed.

The non food pubs have absolutely been used as a punching bag by the government during this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Covid has seen a shift in the way people work, with working from home and a hybrid approach being totally accepted.

I really think we're going to see a shift in the drinking culture here too. There'll be far less of lads spending their "Stephenses" day packed in to a depressing pub watching English soccer and drinking large quantities of mass produced lagers.

A more reasoned approach to drinking with families popping by to the local gastro pub which has a nice selection of local brews or good wines to grab a nice meal of local produce. It will probably cost a lot more, but people will go less often. Pubs will be fewer but they will be better and more welcoming and inclusive spaces.

That for me is a big positive from all this.

Two Paddy's days when Dublin city isn't full of bumbling drunkards is a great thing too. 2022 before the next "wet" Paddy's Day and I think things will be much changed by then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Viscount Aggro

There are gastro-pubs open, that do not serve food.
    I know of one on Thomas Street. You pay 20 EUR, get 4 drinks, receipt shows 2 drinks and a pizza.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭hynesie08

There are gastro-pubs open, that do not serve food.
    I know of one on Thomas Street. You pay 20 EUR, get 4 drinks, receipt shows 2 drinks and a pizza.

Cool, not open today though is it, nice attempt to drop someone in it though......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

"Pintman wrote:
    I really think we're going to see a shift in the drinking culture here too. There'll be far less of lads spending their "Stephenses" day packed in to a depressing pub watching English soccer and drinking large quantities of mass produced lagers.

A more reasoned approach to drinking with families popping by to the local gastro pub which has a nice selection of local brews or good wines to grab a nice meal of local produce. It will probably cost a lot more, but people will go less often. Pubs will be fewer but they will be better and more welcoming and inclusive spaces.

Two Paddy's days when Dublin city isn't full of bumbling drunkards is a great thing too. 2022 before the next "wet" Paddy's Day and I think things will be much changed by then.

I doubt it - I'd say there will be an even bigger appreciation for pubs when they are allowed open up again. The first few weeks will be like a festival of Paddy's days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Covid has seen a shift in the way people work, with working from home and a hybrid approach being totally accepted.

Lol try harder

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Stormyteacup

Because visiting a pub inevitably involves sharing the same indoor space, over a fairly extended period, with people outside your immediate family. Yes I know people have house parties, and in principle they are probably worse than pubs for spreading the virus, but that's only part of the consumption of shop-bought alcohol. Plus if people were really determined to drink at home they would stock up in Norn Iron or whatever...

Yes, the first part of your post was the main point I was trying to make - sharing an indoor space over an extended period of time with people outside your immediate family is the risk.

The same risk you encounter in a cafe or restaurant.

Separate to this risk is a perceived increased risk when alcohol is thrown into the mix. No doubt it’s true when large amounts of alcohol are involved, same as happens at some gatherings in a home.

But the pubs should have been afforded an opportunity to operate with the same restrictions as gastro pubs and restaurants. Every industry has examples of members flouting restrictions. Fines would be deterrent enough for most premises to conform.

I doubt it - I'd say there will be an even bigger appreciation for pubs when they are allowed open up again. The first few weeks will be like a festival of Paddy's days

Very unlikely mate.

Pubs will be shut til summer at least. I'm already seeing places being sold. Hynes on Manor Street, my usernames local haunt for example.

When pubs do open, it won't be a free for all. A lot of the licensing laws will be amended I reckon. Hopefully the 11pm closing time stays with us. No need for anyone to be out past that time getting hammered. A&Es and Garda drunk tanks have never been emptier. I think a lot on government are seeing the cost of a "pub culture" is a lot higher than what it brings in.

Not to mention the loss of productivity with lads heading to work hanging on a Monday morning.

I think our new society post-covid will be a lot healthier and happier.

If people want to insist on gulling down quantities of cheap cider they can do it in their own living rooms.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,302 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Very unlikely mate.

Pubs will be shut til summer at least. I'm already seeing places being sold. Hynes on Manor Street, my usernames local haunt for example.

When pubs do open, it won't be a free for all. A lot of the licensing laws will be amended I reckon. Hopefully the 11pm closing time stays with us. No need for anyone to be out past that time getting hammered. A&Es and Garda drunk tanks have never been emptier. I think a lot on government are seeing the cost of a "pub culture" is a lot higher than what it brings in.

Not to mention the loss of productivity with lads heading to work hanging on a Monday morning.

If people want to insist on gulling down quantities of cheap cider they can do it in their own living rooms.

Programme for government actually has licensing laws becoming more modern in line with the rest of Europe and later opening hours.

To suggest that the 11pm close will stay is quite frankly foolish.

If you think things will change massively I think your in for a shock

if the laws are about stopping people piling on top of each other - pennys and a lot of low end, non essential retail should be closed too

if the laws are about sitting around for a long time socialising causing infection spread - coffee shops should be closed too

if its about deciding what to close to just limit whats open in general then a lot more things including the pub should be closed.

The non food pubs in Dublin have been shut since march, no matter what angle or reason you put on it, if its about limiting infections, interactions, time spent socialising etc.. other things should also have remained closed in tandem with the pubs. Clearly that has not happened and I think the non food pubs should have had the same rules as coffee shops and food pubs, all open or all closed.

The non food pubs have absolutely been used as a punching bag by the government during this.

Still pretending you don’t get the actual issue? Props for the dedication to your doublethink.

You know the real reason (the main difference between a pub and a cafe) and you didn’t include it in your list because you’re playing pretend. This reflects very badly on you and a poster. Very disingenuous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

The irony of this post being it resembles the kind of incoherent, stream of consciousness ramble one would hear from a local propping up a bar in a traditional pub.

The more things change, the more they stay the same. Despite your obvious disdain for traditional pubs, and wishing them into irrelevance, I don't believe that will happen for a minute. As another poster rightly pointed out, there will be an even greater appreciation of them when they open. The habit of a lifetime won't be changed.

You seem to find it difficult to resist attacking posters personally. You should take time to consider why that is.

As a general rule if someone has a valid argument they should be able debate the points being made using those arguments and not resort to attacking people personally.

Ah yeah, but pretending to understand the fundamental reason for treating pubs and cafes differently (the central point of the thread) is bad behaviour, and should be labelled as such.

Why have them all open or all closed if the risk profiles and environmental factors are completely different.
    In reality the safest environment is the one we had back in late March. Everything closed, 2k limits etc but for various reasons it's not feasible or appropriate to maintain that.

I note you've still not addressed the query imposed earlier today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Very unlikely mate.

May as well dream here as in bed buddy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

I think a lot on government are seeing the cost of a "pub culture" is a lot higher than what it brings in.

So what are you basing this observation on? Have you been talking to people in Govt or what?

So what are you basing this observation on? Have you been talking to people in Govt or what?

I'm in a FG WhatsApp group and there's been some talk of a new approach to public alcohol consumption post covid. Nothing decided obviously but the benefits are obvious.

I'm in a FG WhatsApp group and there's been some talk of a new approach to public alcohol consumption post covid. Nothing decided obviously but the benefits are obvious.

An FG WhatsApp group......
    Seriously.....if you are here as a WUM try not to be so obvious

Still pretending you don’t get the actual issue? Props for the dedication to your doublethink.

You know the real reason (the main difference between a pub and a cafe) and you didn’t include it in your list because you’re playing pretend. This reflects very badly on you and a poster. Very disingenuous.

you keep saying 'the real reason' without explaining it.

what, in your mind is the difference between a cafe and a non food pub with regards risk.

and if you insist on the fantasy world where everyone in the pub is blotto drunk, I'm insisting on the fantasy world where everyone in the coffee shop is a 15 year old kid out with their mates from different houses and not giving a hoot. We either play the game accurately where those extremes are a tiny minority (the reality) or we play it where both extremes are in full swing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Alcohol impacts human behaviour. Human behaviour impacts virus transmission.

Do you deny either of the two facts above?
    Allinall wrote: »
    people tend to spend a lot longer in pubs, and tend to drink alcohol which lowers inhibitions, which in turn increases the chances of picking up, or spreading the virus.
    so people would have still gone out at 10pm had the pub being alowed open untill 11:D

look people would have just started drinking earlier if the pubs were closing earlier

None of these are relevant to opening all pubs with the same restrictions as restaurants and food pubs - 105 minutes, limited groups, no multiple table bookings, etc.

MOH wrote: »
    None of these are relevant to opening all pubs with the same restrictions as restaurants and food pubs - 105 minutes, limited groups, no multiple table bookings, etc.

Of course alcohol is relevant......
    And unfortunately the fact that some people don't seem to be able to comprehend this is also another reason the choices have to be taken away from people.....

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement