Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Opening of "No-Food" pubs pushed out again

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Of course, Paddyland is suppressing our numbers, so hard to see where we are. I'm guessing just ahead of Holland, given the lack of publicity we're seeing.

https://www.euronews.com/2021/01/03/coronavirus-which-european-country-is-fastest-at-rolling-out-the-vaccine

How is Paddyland suppressing the number? If anything we are inflating it but I'm not sure you've anything to back that up with?

And total vaccinations given is not an accurate or fair measure. You've got to look at total vaccinations as a percentage of the population. You also cannot compare us to the UK because they were able to get in before the EU. We were delayed purchasing the vaccine from what I understand.

So the question is, per 100,000 of population (or some similar measure), how are we doing against the other EU countries?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,608 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Of course, Paddyland is suppressing our numbers, so hard to see where we are. I'm guessing just ahead of Holland, given the lack of publicity we're seeing.

https://www.euronews.com/2021/01/03/coronavirus-which-european-country-is-fastest-at-rolling-out-the-vaccine

I don't think anyone has a daily dashboard of numbers vaccinated up yet. It should be done but as long as the numbers are recorded and reported weekly, I'll be happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

DeanAustin wrote: »
    How is Paddyland suppressing the number? If anything we are inflating it but I'm not sure you've anything to back that up with?

And total vaccinations given is not an accurate or fair measure. You've got to look at total vaccinations as a percentage of the population. You also cannot compare us to the UK because they were able to get in before the EU. We were delayed purchasing the vaccine from what I understand.

So the question is, per 100,000 of population (or some similar measure), how are we doing against the other EU countries?

We aren’t reporting our daily number of people vaccinated, that’s suppressing.

They've reported a number today. Looking at the data, quite a few don't seem to be reporting the number every day. You make it sound like they are hiding something, maybe there is a genuine reason for that given that it's the same for a lot of countries.

They've reported a number today. Looking at the data, quite a few don't seem to be reporting the number every day. You make it sound like they are hiding something, maybe there is a genuine reason for that given that it's the same for a lot of countries.

15,000 in a week. We should be doing multiples of that a day.

These things take time to organise to do them and make sure the data collection systems are accurate. It’s not a conspiracy.

They certainly should report the numbers daily or weekly once everything is up and running. A few weeks to get it up and running is not unreasonable.

What are you basing that on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,903 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Magic.

How do you think these things work? Do you think they just start at the peak daily number and just continue to deliver at that level?

I think these things start off slowly, testing systems and procedures as they go. Figuring out problems and implementing new procedures to make sure things work better. Then they ramp up as procedures are improved and they’re more confident things will work well.

How do you think things work?

Can’t be coincidence that the ones who wanted to open the pubs in December, also consider themselves to be big experts on everything the government is doing wrong. Always whinging about whatever the government is doing. Before, government were doing too much, now they’re not doing enough. Waaaaa, waaaaa

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,498 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

That’s wishful thinking but it’s just not how things work. The vulnerable being vaccinated is good but it doesn’t mean we can go back to normal. If we go back to normal then the virus would rip through the country, and they can’t and won’t allow that to happen.

You appear to have missed the point, so I'll repeat it.

The only valid reason for restrictions is to prevent deaths. If deaths were low there would be no justification for any restrictions.

If the vaccine works and it is given to the vulnerable, then death rates will fall. That is simple logic.

When deaths fall there will no longer be a need for restrictions. QED.

It really is a simple chain of thought, so I know you like flooding the board with posts but there is no need for further debate on this point.

Now if you want to repeat your comment about about there being reasons to prevent covid spread other than preventing hospital admissions and deaths then I will save you the time right now, because that is nonsense and I have no interest in entertaining it. I will say though that such a thought does tie into why I have little faith in our current government doing the right thing this summer, because they will likely use that sort of spurious thinking to further their own vested interests.

If people aren't dying then I don't give a **** how many cases there are, if people aren't dying, if the numbers are at zero, then the restrictions need to end.

How do you think these things work? Do you think they just start at the peak daily number and just continue to deliver at that level?

I think these things start off slowly, testing systems and procedures as they go. Figuring out problems and implementing new procedures to make sure things work better. Then they ramp up as procedures are improved and they’re more confident things will work well.

How do you think things work?

It’s not like they’ve had since last March to be figuring this sh1t out. Every nurse and anyone else trained to give an IM injection can administer the vaccine.

You appear to have missed the point, so I'll repeat it.

The only valid reason for restrictions is to prevent deaths. If deaths were low there would be no justification for any restrictions.

If the vaccine works and it is given to the vulnerable, then death rates will fall. That is simple logic.

When deaths fall there will no longer be a need for restrictions. QED.

It really is a simple chain of thought, so I know you like flooding the board with posts but there is no need for further debate on this point.

Now if you want to repeat your comment about about there being reasons to prevent covid spread other than preventing hospital admissions and deaths then I will save you the time right now, because that is nonsense and I have no interest in entertaining it. I will say though that such a thought does tie into why I have little faith in our current government doing the right thing this summer, because they will likely use that sort of spurious thinking to further their own vested interests.

If people aren't dying then I don't give a **** how many cases there are, if people aren't dying, if the numbers are at zero, then the restrictions need to end.

Lol. The health system being overrun is the main risk from covid. But it’s not the only risk. Lots of people die from it and it will be the government’s responsibility to protect the population from allowing a disease to tip through the population.

Rest assured, there will be distancing and masks until Covid isn’t a problem anymore. You don’t give a **** about other people, but it’s government’s job to do exactly that.

But if it makes you happy to fanaticise about everything going back to normal in the next few months, go ahead. Just don’t expect it to actually happen in reality, because it won’t.

It’s not like they’ve had since last March to be figuring this sh1t out. Every nurse and anyone else trained to give an IM injection can administer the vaccine.

And is that all there is to administering the vaccine? What about all the other things that have to be coordinated? You’ll probably never understand what goes into a huge, unprecedented national programme like this, and you’ll also never give credit to those who make it happen. Just sit around whinging that it isn’t happening faster. Classic.

How do you think it actually works? Have you ever thought about how it actually works?

Behave. There was no vaccine last March let alone any sort of idea how much of it we'd have and when.

If we're significantly behind other EU countries in a few weeks, it's fair enough to ask questions. Throwing out flippant criticisms now to make yourself feel superior is just gratuitous grandstanding.

You don’t give a **** about other people.

Not one single thing I said indicates that I don't care about other people, perhaps you are projecting?

I say that if people are no longer getting sick and no longer dying that we would then no longer need restrictions designed to stop people from getting sick and dying.

Why you struggle to understand that simple point is strange.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 837 ✭✭✭John O.Groats

And is that all there is to administering the vaccine? What about all the other things that have to be coordinated? You’ll probably never understand what goes into a huge, unprecedented national programme like this, and you’ll also never give credit to those who make it happen. Just sit around whinging that it isn’t happening faster. Classic.

How do you think it actually works? Have you ever thought about how it actually works?

And if the vaccine rollout had been rushed without proper protocols in place and there had been serious negative issues arising from that then weldoninhio and his buddies would be the first to throw their toys out of the pram as per usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Chief Medical Officer Dr Tony Holohan said alcohol has "played a role" in the spread of the disease. He would welcome any reduction in the opportunity for people to socially gather and consume alcohol.

"This disease loves alcohol," he told the press conference.

I see Dr. Holohan has had some choice words regarding alcohol. It probably won't be popular here. But that's cold hard reality. Not as refreshing as a cold beer but it's the truth.

I think a virus loves hosts.

Whether they are drinking coffee, alcohol, doing shopping or running on a threadmill is not relevant to the virus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,120 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I think a virus loves hosts.

Whether they are drinking coffee, alcohol, doing shopping or running on a threadmill is not relevant to the virus.

Don't be talking common sense

We all know its Alcohol, Dr Tony our master says its cause of Alcohol. This virus would not of spread so fast if it wasn't for Alcohol

Again, we’ve had 10 months to figure it out. The HSE seems to be extremely reactive rather than proactive. Why weren’t staff (doctors, nurses, frontline admin) emailed months ago regarding whether they’d take an approved vaccine? Why are they doing up lists now? It would have been a start to have a database set up with all staff and their initial response. That’d be one thing out of the way. But no, wait til we have them in the fridge, then we’ll start figuring things out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 837 ✭✭✭John O.Groats

PTH2009 wrote: »

We all know its Alcohol, Dr Tony our master says its cause of Alcohol. This virus would not of spread so fast if it wasn't for Alcohol

As has been stated what must be hundreds of times on this and other threads the issue is that gatherings of people drinking alcohol whether that be in pubs/restaurants, house parties or whereever else are far more likely to let their guard down and forego precautionry measures against spreading the virus. How hard is that for you to grasp?

Now you're just bordering on creepy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,587 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

The irony of this post being thanked by Jacdaniel2014 isn't lost on me.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,245 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

As has been stated what must be hundreds of times on this and other threads the issue is that gatherings of people drinking alcohol whether that be in pubs/restaurants, house parties or whereever else are far more likely to let their guard down and forego precautionry measures against spreading the virus. How hard is that for you to grasp?

Its quite clear the most vocal havent actually drank alochol themselves and haven't a notion of the consequences.

• Advertisement

nullzero wrote: »
    The irony of this post being thanked by Jacdaniel2014 isn't lost on me.

Username is 6 years old back when I had a social life haha!

Such a slow vaccine roll out. Why are we so crap at everything? :mad:

You are spot on there. Terrible slow giving them out. Only 15,000 vaccines given out to date which is embarassing. Look at Israel giving out 150,000 vaccines a day,working 24/7 and they are only giving them out here from Monday to Friday

Again, we’ve had 10 months to figure it out. The HSE seems to be extremely reactive rather than proactive. Why weren’t staff (doctors, nurses, frontline admin) emailed months ago regarding whether they’d take an approved vaccine? Why are they doing up lists now? It would have been a start to have a database set up with all staff and their initial response. That’d be one thing out of the way. But no, wait til we have them in the fridge, then we’ll start figuring things out.

“How do you think it actually works? Have you ever thought about how it actually works?”

Those were the questions I asked.

I wonder if everyone was busy doing something else over the last year. Can you think of anything that might have occupied the health workers and health dependent of the civil service over the last year?

Not one single thing I said indicates that I don't care about other people, perhaps you are projecting?

I say that if people are no longer getting sick and no longer dying that we would then no longer need restrictions designed to stop people from getting sick and dying.

Why you struggle to understand that simple point is strange.
    If people aren't dying then I don't give a **** how many cases there are, if people aren't dying,...

Of course you don’t care about people ... unless they’re dying.

The government is charged with caring about people and handling the pandemic effectively. Luckily, it’s their job to care about people getting sick (even if they don’t actually die).

Fanaticise all you like, if it makes you happy. Just don’t actually expect things to go back to normal when just the over 70s and vulnerable are vaccinated. It’ll be a longer process than that in reality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

The government is charged with caring about people and handling the pandemic effectively. Luckily, it’s their job to care about people getting sick (even if they don’t actually die).

Fanaticise all you like, if it makes you happy. Just don’t actually expect things to go back to normal when just the over 70s and vulnerable are vaccinated. It’ll be a longer process than that in reality.

The government care about people? That is absolutely laughable.What have they done about the housing crisis in the last 10 years. There’s not a mention of people’s mental health out of their mouths throughout this whole thing. They are absolutely disgusting and don’t have an ounce of compassion about what everyday people.

• Advertisement

fin12 wrote: »
    The government care about people? That is absolutely laughable.What have they done about the housing crisis in the last 10 years. There’s not a mention of people’s mental health out of their mouths throughout this whole thing. They are absolutely disgusting and don’t have an ounce of compassion about what everyday people.

It’s just their job. The reason for closing the economy and locking down is to protect the population. The American approach is to put the economy above all other considerations.

This isn’t really the tread for this topic. There must be loads of threads for generic whinging about government’s lack of compassion

“How do you think it actually works? Have you ever thought about how it actually works?”

Those were the questions I asked.

I wonder if everyone was busy doing something else over the last year. Can you think of anything that might have occupied the health workers and health dependent of the civil service over the last year?

Do you think Drs and Nurses send out emails asking if staff will be taking a vaccine? Do you think all Drs and Nurses have been working on nothing but Covid/TikTok videos all year?

Do you think Drs and Nurses send out emails asking if staff will be taking a vaccine? Do you think all Drs and Nurses have been working on nothing but Covid/TikTok videos all year?

No idea what you’re on about now. I’ve asked you a few times how you think these things work and you’ve avoided the question each time. Being honest, you haven’t a clue, have you?

No idea what you’re on about now. I’ve asked you a few times how you think these things work and you’ve avoided the question each time. Being honest, you haven’t a clue, have you?

How does it work? You make a database of every resident of every nursing home, you have a dedicated team looking after this. You ask the administrative team in each nursing home to update any new residents/residents that pass away ASAP. You set up something similar with GPs around the country for their patients who are over 60/vulnerable. This could have been collated from May onwards.

You make a database of all frontline HSE staff, you have a dedicated team looking after this. You ask the clinical admin staff to update any new staff/retirements. This, realistically, should exist anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

It’s just their job. The reason for closing the economy and locking down is to protect the population. The American approach is to put the economy above all other considerations.

This isn’t really the tread for this topic. There must be loads of threads for generic whinging about government’s lack of compassion[/QUOT

U then turning around to someone saying they don’t care about people.

Take a look in the mirror.

A reminder. My original point was that if the vaccine works then the vulnerable people will stop getting sick and dying, thus removing the need for restrictions. Such a simple point, easily understood.

But instead of saying, "yes that is logical and would be a good thing", your reaction is to keep hinting that there is some other need for the restrictions. The numbers of people sick and dying would have decreased but you would still want the restrictions in place for some vague reason.

It is an example of the twisted mentality prevalent in parts of society today. Its like some sort of misery addiction, a stockholm syndrome where the root cause of the misery no longer exists but people want the misery to continue anyway.

You can call it a fantasy all you want, cling to your misery all you want, but I am confident that this statement is clearly and obviously true, "When the numbers of people being admitted to hospital or dying with Covid fall to minimal, then there will be no reason not to go back to normal."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Drifter50

emmalynn19 wrote: »
    Did you know they sell beer in closed vessels such as cans and bottles now? Keeps the beer fresh, all the carbonation inside, and makes beer real easy to handle and transport - its an incredible invention really.

Not sure what point you are making here. I think we all know "beer is sold in closed vessels such as cans and bottles" If anyone wants to buy bottles or cans there are thousands of supermarkets and off licences selling it. What this thread is about is discussing the pubs reopening. Unfortunately for reasons that are clear this would seem to be some time away from now in the future.

Does anyone for certain know what the story is with takeaway pints. I know Gavin Reilly of TV3 asked An Taoiseach yesterday about it at the press conference and was told " you need to forget about takeaway pints" Subsequently according to his twitter Gavin Reilly suggested that would need a change in licensing rules. I got takeaway pint the last couple of evenings but earlier this evening the publican was very anxious when I was there and was reminding all customers to take it home"

How does it work? You make a database of every resident of every nursing home, you have a dedicated team looking after this. You ask the administrative team in each nursing home to update any new residents/residents that pass away ASAP. You set up something similar with GPs around the country for their patients who are over 60/vulnerable. This could have been collated from May onwards.

You make a database of all frontline HSE staff, you have a dedicated team looking after this. You ask the clinical admin staff to update any new staff/retirements. This, realistically, should exist anyway.

I have some knowledge of how that works in another department with residential service users and it’s actually a big job. There isn’t a database which all care homes and central giver can simple access for reasons including security. So it means either building an integrated system (notoriously high failure rate for custom designed systems like that) or using excel spreadsheets and relying on each care home sending accurate information every day (it’s only an annoyance to the staff isn’t he care homes who have other things to be doing)

So let’s assume you’ve solved the problem for care homes (you haven’t, but let’s pretend you have). Care homes are only a small part of the national rollout. How would you solve the much bigger problem of normal people all over the place? Then what about vulnerable people living all over the country? People with intellectual disabilities who have control over their own healthcare? People who are shielding? Those who live in rural areas and can’t travel? Those who aren’t good with computers and the internet?

Truth is that these things are far, far more complicated than people imagine. Government don’t always get things right first time, but the job is never as simple as people think.

fin12 wrote: »

This isn’t really the tread for this topic. There must be loads of threads for generic whinging about government’s lack of compassion

U then turning around to someone saying they don’t care about people.

Take a look in the mirror.

That poster I was replying to said they don’t care about people getting covid unless they we’re dying. They actually said that, if you can believe it.

You can call it a fantasy all you want, cling to your misery all you want, but I am confident that this statement is clearly and obviously true, "When the numbers of people being admitted to hospital or dying with Covid fall to minimal, then there will be no reason not to go back to normal."

Yeah if you only vaccinate the over 70s and vulnerable, and you go back to normal and let the virus rip through the community, then the numbers of hospitalisations will skyrocket. That’s the bit you’re not getting.

Vaccinating the vulnerable groups is good. But the vulnerable groups aren’t the only people who get sick and need hospital treatment. They know some of the reasons some people get sick and die, but they don’t know why loads of them get sicker then others. They will never allow the virus to rip through the population.

That’s why distancing and masks will be necessary until the virus is gone. Allowing it to rip through the population just isn’t a runner. But, if you enjoy the fantasy of normality in a few months, go for it. It’s an attractive fantasy and I see the appeal.

• Advertisement

I have some knowledge of how that works in another department with residential service users and it’s actually a big job. There isn’t a database which all care homes and central giver can simple access for reasons including security. So it means either building an integrated system (notoriously high failure rate for custom designed systems like that) or using excel spreadsheets and relying on each care home sending accurate information every day (it’s only an annoyance to the staff isn’t he care homes who have other things to be doing)

So let’s assume you’ve solved the problem for care homes (you haven’t, but let’s pretend you have). Care homes are only a small part of the national rollout. How would you solve the much bigger problem of normal people all over the place? Then what about vulnerable people living all over the country? People with intellectual disabilities who have control over their own healthcare? People who are shielding? Those who live in rural areas and can’t travel? Those who aren’t good with computers and the internet?

Truth is that these things are far, far more complicated than people imagine. Government don’t always get things right first time, but the job is never as simple as people think.

I know there is no database, that’s why I suggested starting this in May, 8 months ago.

All those vulnerable/shielding people have GPs. The GP would send a list of all over 60s/vulnerable, as per my post.

Did you bother reading it at all??

So Irish, a problem for every solution.

Yeah if you only vaccinate the over 70s and vulnerable, and you go back to normal and let the virus rip through the community, then the numbers of hospitalisations will skyrocket. That’s the bit you’re not getting.

Vaccinating the vulnerable groups is good. But the vulnerable groups aren’t the only people who get sick and need hospital treatment. They know some of the reasons some people get sick and die, but they don’t know why loads of them get sicker then others. They will never allow the virus to rip through the population.

That’s why distancing and masks will be necessary until the virus is gone. Allowing it to rip through the population just isn’t a runner. But, if you enjoy the fantasy of normality in a few months, go for it. It’s an attractive fantasy and I see the appeal.
    You continue to miss the point and argue with yourself about things I never said.

You seem to believe that if the number of deaths dropped to effectively zero, and that if the number of hospitalisations dropped to effectively zero, that we should still be scared because...why exactly?
    That poster I was replying to said they don’t care about people getting covid unless they we’re dying. They actually said that, if you can believe it.
    And I'll say it again.

If Covid is spreading but nobody is actually getting sick and dying then further restrictions will not be justified.

How is that even debatable? So at some point Dr Tony is on the TV saying that deaths are zero and hospitalisations are now minimal, but you will be sitting at home saying that "no, that doesn't matter, we need to stay locked down!!!".

Because that is nuts.

I know there is no database, that’s why I suggested starting this in May, 8 months ago.

All those vulnerable/shielding people have GPs. The GP would send a list of all over 60s/vulnerable, as per my post.

Did you bother reading it at all??

So Irish, a problem for every solution.

You don't understand, its haaard. Its complicated and its difficult and its haaard. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Dickie10

wow really is hard to consider there going to write off another summer but i think thats whats going to happen. no concerts, music festivals, matches in GAA, comedy gigs, theatre crazy when you think it. I really do find it scary to think that Tony will ever believe a gig in O2 arena, a nightclub or music festival will ever be safe again. i think i will spend the summer in majorca and england for weekends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,120 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Dickie10 wrote: »
    wow really is hard to consider there going to write off another summer but i think thats whats going to happen. no concerts, music festivals, matches in GAA, comedy gigs, theatre crazy when you think it. I really do find it scary to think that Tony will ever believe a gig in O2 arena, a nightclub or music festival will ever be safe again. i think i will spend the summer in majorca and england for weekends.

Yeah its so scary and sad that this will be the case even with the vaccines

We all know it wont happen but its time for all those leaders in the hospitality/entertainment/arts etc sectors get together and lobby to get the sectors back open for the summer.

Yeah its so scary and sad that this will be the case even with the vaccines

We all know it wont happen but its time for all those leaders in the hospitality/entertainment/arts etc sectors get together and lobby to get the sectors back open for the summer.

And when they're told no?

Lobbying without leverage is just moaning.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Drifter50

Dickie10 wrote: »

Yep, I think you are on the right track there. Also the inside events with recreation that are currently restricted that you don`t even think about, conferences, bridge clubs, chess clubs, brownies, scouts, business groups. It goes on and on.
    Vaccination of 20,000 week, 85,000 per month 1,040,000 per annum, it will take 5 years to get through the population and no one can say business can go on hold for 5 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭SteM

Drifter50 wrote: »
    Yep, I think you are on the right track there. Also the inside events with recreation that are currently restricted that you don`t even think about, conferences, bridge clubs, chess clubs, brownies, scouts, business groups. It goes on and on.
    Vaccination of 20,000 week, 85,000 per month 1,040,000 per annum, it will take 5 years to get through the population and no one can say business can go on hold for 5 years.

I'd imagine that the numbers of vaccinations per week will increase, it won't stay at 20000 as more vaccines get approved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,511 ✭✭✭Macy0161

The main problem is supply of the vaccine(s), rather than distribution.

I have gig/ festival tickets carried over from 2020, have children and family in indoor activities, which I all want to go ahead this year (so I'm not some misery junkie suffering from Stockholm syndrome). I want to get back to some kind of normal (with keeping a lot of the remote working personally!).

However, just because the elderly and those with underlying conditions are most at risk, the risk isn't zero for the rest of the population of getting severe or long covid. It's bordering on the conspiracy theorists/ anti-masker/ anti-vaxxer not to see this imo. Healthy mid-40's fella going into March that I know got Covid, he's still f*cked from it.

• Advertisement

Drifter50 wrote: »

They don't need to.

The vaccine will quite rightly be targeted at vulnerable people, so the numbers being affected in that group will naturally start to decline.

Then you have the people who already caught the virus, officially around 130k so far but we all know the real figure is higher than that.

Now add in the 6k per day who are catching the virus currently. Some are affected by it, the vast majority are not, either way the numbers of people already exposed continues to grow, 6000 new cases a day is around 180000 cases a month, 2 million a year.

Between vaccinating the vulnerable and hundreds of thousands of people already exposed to the virus, logic says we will reach herd immunity a lot quicker than 5 years time, whether we want to or not.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement