Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opening of "No-Food" pubs pushed out again

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,897 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

No I'm watching the emergency meeting live. It's a direct provision center and they are happy with the tracing.
    They've just pretty much said pubs aren't opening now.

Who and what was said exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭deckie66

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Downhearted with the numbers and hard to see a light at the end of the tunnel now

Scared of next week's announcement

Don't think it impacts on pubs at all. Outbreaks primarily in workplaces and secondary outbreaks in some DP centres.

Varadkar comments in the Dail re pubs opening was more positive than negative

• Registered Users Posts: 28,171 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Who and what was said exactly?

It's a pity you can't rewatch it online, when asked about the pubs who've been investing getting ready for the 10th he feels sorry for them. Schools are the priority.
    Now it's worth remembering there only advisors not policy makers. It'll be up to the commander in chief, who is an ex teacher, You know what he's going to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,654 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

Cona wrote: »
    I went into Penny’s today for the first time in years. People are giving out about pubs yet there is not an eye batted at the likes of these places. It was like a zoo. How sitting in a pub having a few drinks is significantly more dangerous than hundreds of people in Penny’s breathing bumping into each other and touching everything in sight is beyond me....

The solution to that is to require shops to operate properly, not open more things.

Or the alternative is to ban women from shopping, as they spend 2.5 times as much time in shops as men.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 442 ✭✭freak scence

It's a pity you can't rewatch it online, when asked about the pubs who've been investing getting ready for the 10th he feels sorry for them. Schools are the priority.
    Now it's worth remembering there only advisors not policy makers. It'll be up to the commander in chief, who is an ex teacher, You know what he's going to say.

aint up to him , it's NPHNet call , any chance you can stop posting utter crap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,171 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

aint up to him, it's NPHNet call , any chance you can stop posting utter crap

No it's not it's never been up to them, aka the airports and getting to 0, they were economic decisions made by government that went against NPHET advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭barbiegirl123

aint up to him, it's NPHNet call , any chance you can stop posting utter crap

i think we all know what NPHET’s call is gonna be

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭hynesie08

No we don't, we know what your hand wringing fear boner wants it to be, but we don't know.

yep to ask for Leo back and get rid off the new muppets , and bring back Tony and Simon too , all gone to ****e since the change over . Fine ****ing fail

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

aint up to that stuttering gimp , it's NPHNet call , any chance you can stop posting utter crap

NPHET give advise then its up to cabinet. They've gone against them before

• Advertisement

NPHET give advise then its up to cabinet. They've gone against them before

mickey no balls is too busy going around roundabouts to do anything

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Sammy2012

Havent read alot of this thread but would it not be better to open schools first before we open pubs?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭deckie66

aint up to that stuttering gimp , it's NPHNet call , any chance you can stop posting utter crap

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/t%C3%A1naiste-hopes-reopening-of-pubs-will-be-approved-next-week-1.4317854

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Sammy2012 wrote: »
    Havent read alot of this thread but would it not be better to open schools first before we open pubs?

No, there's already evidence that social distancing and track and trace is effective in pubs selling food, why delay other pubs till after the spike caused by your little **** trophies licking each other in school.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

Poorside wrote: »
    Can you tell us what would have happened if everything went on as normal?

Nothing. It's not a serious disease.

hynesie08 wrote: »
    No, there's already evidence that social distancing and track and trace is effective in pubs selling food, why delay other pubs till after the spike caused by your little **** trophies licking each other in school.

:D after a long hard day , that made me laugh . Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

anti pub brigade secretly delighted with the numbers and knowing that the health experts will want to keep them shut

Lockdown part 2 will be very damaging to mental health

PTH2009 wrote: »
    anti pub brigade secretly delighted with the numbers and knowing that the health experts will want to keep them shut

Lockdown part 2 will be very damaging to mental health

One poster remarked about Penney's being thronged, I dropped by there yesterday and it resembled a zoo. Crammed in like sardines, "social distancing" my hole. And misery merchants who have no concept of a quiet local with six or seven punters minding their own business, unwinding over a pint. Wouldn't surprise me if suicides spiked further in the coming months, the incumbent government are botching things badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,383 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

VinLieger wrote: »
    Because they dont have a restaurant license..... how are people still confused on this?

It's called a Restaurant Certificate, and this Certificate is not required to serve food.

There are other regulations about serving food.

The Restaurant Certificate allows a pub to open pre 10:30am to serve food, and there are other features also.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,383 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Do pubs that have restaurants have to have a restaurant license?

No.

Many pubs serve food without a Restaurant Certificate, it is not required to have one to serve food.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭barbiegirl123

As Ronan Glynn said earlier, the jump in cases today could be just a blip so hopefully we wont see a similar number of cases tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Risteard81 wrote: »
    Nothing. It's not a serious disease.
    Go off there and get it, when you recover come back to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Just had a few nice pints in a pub that has just partnered up with a burger joint, officially opening tomorrow, worked really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,654 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

One poster remarked about Penney's being thronged, I dropped by there yesterday and it resembled a zoo. Crammed in like sardines, "social distancing" my hole. And misery merchants who have no concept of a quiet local with six or seven punters minding their own business, unwinding over a pint. Wouldn't surprise me if suicides spiked further in the coming months, the incumbent government are botching things badly.

The problem is that a pub with 7 customers cannot make a profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

The problem is that a pub with 7 customers cannot make a profit.

It makes a lot more than a pub with no customers

• Registered Users Posts: 16,544 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Rats on Prime Time secretly filming in a few pubs trying to catch them out about getting food with a pint and naming the pub then.

A few members of staff probably lost their jobs because of those fookers.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,548 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Rats on Prime Time secretly filming in a few pubs trying to catch them out about getting food with a pint and naming the pub then.

"Rats" lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,339 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

I was pretty uncomfortable with what they did there. Pestering bar staff for a drink. Some of whom eventually relented probably just to shut them up. Likely see a few staff members lose their job over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,544 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I was pretty uncomfortable with what they did there. Pestering bar staff for a drink. Some of whom eventually relented probably just to shut them up. Likely see a few staff members lose their job over it.

Exactly, hopefully they share that reporters photo so he never gets a pint anywhere in Dublin after that.

• Advertisement

In fairness, whatever about serving a regular, that you know, why in god's name would you bend the rules for strangers you've never met, when you know that there are inspections being carried out? :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement