Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opening of "No-Food" pubs pushed out again

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 442 ✭✭freak scence

Rimmy wrote: »
    I know personally of three pubs that are open within 15KM of where I live and no social distancing been maintained. People can go and drink away and the pubs are packed to the rafters.

Front doors are locked, quick whatsapp or messenger to the owner and your in.

me bollox

There's a problem with today's numbers, the majority never isolated with symptoms until advised by a doctor. There random and not clusters. That can cause large outbreaks.

so wtf will 1m pox ridden brats going back to school in September do , Mickey martin and his dopes can't blame the teachers or parents . Will probably blame the transport , as the schools have their bubbles and hives sorted . Schools going back is a cluster **** . Easier to keep a pub of 20 adults relaxed under the effects of alcohol. then a bunch a feral rats that have not met in months , licking the windows of buses and the teachers apple

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

There's a problem with today's numbers, the majority never isolated with symptoms until advised by a doctor. There random and not clusters. That can cause large outbreaks.

If your going to claim something to be fact get it right, GPs are reporting via a survey that people presenting with symptoms haven't been isolating(not new news, point is being reinforced again as it has been multiple times) , not that todays cases haven't been isolating.

26 of todays cases are linked to existing clusters or close contacts. We have no data on the others released this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭ax530

Everyone believes the places they familiar with are ok to open. I know of pubs as quiet place people sit few drinks chat move on. My image of pubs fine to open can't understand why not allowed.
    I spoke to an active gym user yesterday who was raging that people could play football, in my opinion football safer than gym but as gym her thing she said it was safe.
    Think we going to have to live with this gov should give people more responsibility don't restrict business let them all open up to each customer to take care keep distance

ax530 wrote: »
    Everyone believes the places they familiar with are ok to open. I know of pubs as quiet place people sit few drinks chat move on. My image of pubs fine to open can't understand why not allowed.
    I spoke to an active gym user yesterday who was raging that people could play football, in my opinion football safer than gym but as gym her thing she said it was safe.
    Think we going to have to live with this gov should give people more responsibility don't restrict business let them all open up to each customer to take care keep distance

excellent we are all adults , this crap of bars are full of drunks etc , those days are gone till we get a vaccine, every pub owner knows that . Amount of poeple and families out of work because health officials have Homer simspon in their heads is retarded , gombeem Ireland was gone , until FF got back in. Now they want to pack the school buses and schools, same as Trump . Thats a disaster waiting to happen .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Some of the scuzziest, dirtiest, would only throw you out for doing coke if you didn't buy it off the barman pubs I know are taking this seriously, partitions/social distancing/contact tracing the works, because they know the other option is oblivion. So let them open, if they **** up, bring the hammer of the gods down on them, but if they delay it again, a lot of these pubs will just say **** it and be like that non existent whatsapp pub with 70 people in it.

11 pubs closed and gone for good today according to LVA during Covid. That's alot not sure if that's just Dublin or Country wide , Point most of the Karens don't get here is . The pub in Ireland now a Proper one is a GP/Physiologist office during the day , listening to customers drone on about their lives , and family lives and a whole lot more . You basically look after alot of these customers agree nod your head and talk and listen, and don't judge , they have gotten therapy and it's not 15 pints therapy, it's their daily out and a chat .

So now 2.5k jobs gone in dublin , **** knows about the country , no cases related to pubs/restaurants. Govt are stopping 30k people getting back to work , and stopping the rest of us getting screwed up the ass next year for tax .

all on a what if , those Dopes don't know what if Leo was straight , or What if Cowen didn't turnaround , or what if Mickey Martin got past 4th class.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,056 ✭✭✭joeguevara

11 pubs closed and gone for good today according to LVA during Covid. That's alot not sure if that's just Dublin or Country wide , Point most of the Karens don't get here is . The pub in Ireland now a Proper one is a GP/Physiologist office during the day , listening to customers drone on about their lives , and family lives and a whole lot more . You basically look after alot of these customers agree nod your head and talk and listen, and don't judge , they have gotten therapy and it's not 15 pints therapy, it's their daily out and a chat .

So now 2.5k jobs gone in dublin , **** knows about the country , no cases related to pubs/restaurants. Govt are stopping 30k people getting back to work , and stopping the rest of us getting screwed up the ass next year for tax .

all on a what if , those Dopes don't know what if Leo was straight , or What if Cowen didn't turnaround , or what if Mickey Martin got past 4rd class.

I come from a pub background. Next generation will be first time in over 150 years that we didn’t have one. But honestly Covid or not, majority are not viable. Most closures were imminent anyway.

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Some of the scuzziest, dirtiest, would only throw you out for doing coke if you didn't buy it off the barman pubs I know are taking this seriously, partitions/social distancing/contact tracing the works, because they know the other option is oblivion. So let them open, if they **** up, bring the hammer of the gods down on them, but if they delay it again, a lot of these pubs will just say **** it and be like that non existent whatsapp pub with 70 people in it.

Are you advocating for those type of pubs to open as a good thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,548 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

all on a what if , those Dopes don't know what if Leo was straight , or What if Cowen didn't turnaround , or what if Mickey Martin got past 4rd class.

How did you find 4rd class?

• Advertisement

pjohnson wrote: »
    How did you find 4rd class?

Worst three years of my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭hynesie08

joeguevara wrote: »
    Are you advocating for those type of pubs to open as a good thing?

I'm advocating for pubs that have taken the necessary precautions and spent thousands of euros when no money is coming in to be allowed open, there is no statistical proof that the opening of food pubs has increased the outbreak, so what's the problem.....

As for the "type* of pub, would you rather have 10 lunatics in one pub or one lunatic in each of 10 pubs?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,548 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

awful, it that's all you can find wrong in my post , must be a teacher bored of pulling themselves asounder now they can't go to Spain for 3 months.

Oh no that certainly wasnt all. In fact I could have torn it "asounder" but didnt see the need tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

We met a random couple in the pub the other day and had a good old laugh. It felt good to be normal again. We weren't 2 meters apart, a pub isn't a pub with social distancing. Just open them as normal, clean the toilets more, wash the glasses well and open the god dam doors at both ends or preferably let us drink outside.
    Mostly agreed, but I'm quite happy drinking inside. I'll take my chances with this so-called disease.

bmc58 wrote: »
    Well i got my hair cut and the barber had a mask as i had to wear a mask in South Tipp.It was awkard at times but it got done. I had a disposable plastic sheet on also.I was very happy with the precautions taken.
    I have refused to attend any barber insisting on stupid gas masks.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,141 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Risteard81 wrote: »
    Mostly agreed, but I'm quite happy drinking inside. I'll take my chances with this so-called disease.

So you are basically acting in a way that will encourage the restrictions to be maintained for longer (or indeed re-imposed) - doesn't seem particularly sensible to me

And this "disease" is real - maybe you've not bothered reading many of the quarter of a million or so posts in this forum, but yes it is real

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

awful, it that's all you can find wrong in my post , must be a teacher bored of pulling themselves asounder now they can't go to Spain for 3 months.

Pulling themselves asounder 🤣🤣🤣

Who's going to be packed into a pub ?? There won't be packed pubs until a vaccine.
    Nonsense.

There may never be a vaccine. Normal life must resume. If a so-called government stands in the way of that then they will be overthrown through military force and subjected to revolutionary justice.

Do you wear the cover to protect your clothes from hair. Why do that?

If you take the pessimistic but agreed view of masks that they stop the wearer infecting others, you not wearing one, if you picked it up in the pub, could infect the barber. They could then infect others.

Whatever about not wearing anything when buying a pint of milk. Sitting in close proximity to someone who literally touches strangers and in their breath line all day with no protection is bizarre.

Sitting in close proximity to someone who literally touches strangers and in their breath line all day with no protection is bizarre.
    How is it bizarre?

It's what sensible people considered normal until very recently. Reasonable people still accept that no stupid gas masks is normal, and wearing them is fundamentally abnormal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Nonsense.

There may never be a vaccine. Normal life must resume. If a so-called government stands in the way of that then they will be overthrown through military force and subjected to revolutionary justice.

What do you mean by “a so called government”?

How is it bizarre?

It's what sensible people considered normal until very recently. Reasonable people still accept that no stupid gas masks is normal, and wearing them is fundamentally abnormal.

Do you accept that masks stop the wearer transmitting the virus if infected?

Do you accept that masks stop the wearer transmitting the virus if infected?
    No I don't. The so-called WHO have actually stated that asymptomatic transmission is fundamentally unproven.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

No I don't. The so-called WHO have actually stated that asymptomatic transmission is fundamentally unproven.

How many units of alcohol have you consumed this evening?

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    How many units of alcohol have you consumed this evening?
    None. P.S. It's not now evening - it's morning.

Show me where they said that and show me where they say masks don’t stop wearer transmission.

Because it’s been clarified by them and Harvard experts have said it is a definite transmission method

https://www.statnews.com/2020/06/09/who-comments-asymptomatic-spread-covid-19/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Nonsense.

Lol

Show me where they said that and show me where they say masks don’t stop wearer transmission.
    During a June 8 press briefing, Dr. Maria Van Kerkhove, the WHO technical lead for COVID-19, said that asymptomatic spread is "very rare."

They also recently admitted that any recommendation in favour of stupid gas masks by them was due to political pressure, and not on the merits of such a policy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 837 ✭✭✭John O.Groats

Nonsense.

How is it bizarre?

I have asked this question before and I ask it again now after these comments of yours. Are you for ****ing real?

• Advertisement

During a June 8 press briefing, Dr. Maria Van Kerkhove, the WHO technical lead for COVID-19, said that asymptomatic spread is "very rare."

They also recently admitted that any recommendation in favour of stupid gas masks by them was due to political pressure, and not on the merits of such a policy.

Please read the article I linked above which clarified that

Here you are

https://www.statnews.com/2020/06/09/who-comments-asymptomatic-spread-covid-19/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement