Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opening of "No-Food" pubs pushed out again

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,056 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Risteard81 wrote: »
    None of your nonsense alters THE FACT THAT THE WHO ALTERED THEIR POLICY SOLELY DUE TO POLITICAL LOBBYING as they have admitted.

Are you saying that the Harvard experts who rebut what you say are considered nonsense. No amount of bold and underlining can rebut this. Show why you consider medical experts as wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Frankx

Wales don't have masks in shops either do they

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

The so-called "WHO" did not base their changed policy on any scientific study. They have admitted this. It was solely due to political lobbying. This has been admitted by them.

So your question is irrelevant and trolling. Crawl back under your bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Honestly, the whinging and whining because RTE 'dared' to demonstrate that some pubs are just ignoring the regulations under which they were allowed re-open. Those pubs deserved to be named and shamed. But no, it's the presenters fault, it's the reporters fault etc etc
    And the name calling of the reporter, including one poster calling him a 'paedophile type' is a bloody disgrace. I can't believe the mods have allowed that post to stand.

It was a shambles, they could not get enough for a decent report, so they went for the low hanging fruit. He was socially distanced, contact traced and only managed to get a pint in one bar by hounding a girl who's probably on 11 euro an hour. Anyone who spent 4 years in college studying journalism and is doing reports like that should seriously reconsider their life choices.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,182 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Honestly, the whinging and whining because RTE 'dared' to demonstrate that some pubs are just ignoring the regulations under which they were allowed re-open. Those pubs deserved to be named and shamed. But no, it's the presenters fault, it's the reporters fault etc etc
    And the name calling of the reporter, including one poster calling him a 'paedophile type' is a bloody disgrace. I can't believe the mods have allowed that post to stand.

Those pubs do deserve to be named and shamed but we need to be clear in what we're looking for here. All that exposé demonstrated is that the Gards need to be vigilant in spot checking those pubs within that specific area in the City. That's what they're supposed to be doing anyway and to suggest there's any more weight to that guy's report is pure unsubstantiated agenda pushing nonsense.

As others have pointed out but continue to be ignored is that the pubs adhering to the rules are in the majority and not the minority. You don't have to look far to find first hand accounts of this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

Are we just getting better at discovering it since we rolled out the tracker app? Perhaps the numbers have always been there!

The deaths are not rising!

Storm in a tea cup, open **** up!

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭vid36

Pub in county Galway closed over links to a traced case.

jon1981 wrote: »
    Are we just getting better at discovering it since we rolled out the tracker app? Perhaps the numbers have always been there! Storm

What is closed that you include in‘open sh1t up’. Bare in mind that any pub can open up today if they want.

joeguevara wrote: »
    What is closed that you include in‘open sh1t up’. Bare in mind that any pub can open up today if they want.

How can they open up? If you don't serve food you can't.

Oh and sports, concerts, offices, travel...etc.

All restricted to the point that many businesses will fail.

• Advertisement

How can they open up? If you don't serve food you can't.

If they had a deal with their local takeaway they could. All my family own pubs, as did I. If you want proof of that it’s on the Carlow thread. If a pub (served food previously or not) wanted to open they would. It’s simple.

A lot of pubs haven’t opened because they were on the way down before Covid and are getting a prop up from the state based on last years accounts without having to pay staff. I find it funny the amount of people who are giving out that pubs are closed but only patronise them a few times a year. Research the facts, 20% of pubs have been closing down annually for years. It actually is an unviable business in a majority of cases.

People should stop being disingenuous about this and honestly think how they actually helped their local publican. The publican who can open up if they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭hynesie08

vid36 wrote: »
    Pub in county Galway closed over links to a traced case.

They chose to close because of a case, and claim the public were never at risk. Tell the full story.

Oh and sports, concerts, offices, travel...etc.

All restricted to the point that many businesses will fail.

Ok, what sports events did you attend last year. Club gaa is resumed so no issue. If you were a season ticket holder then you can view streams for free, loi football has resumed so no issue. Golf clubs are open etc etc etc so sports are open.

Concerts? So yes they are deferred but all are streaming gigs so you aren’t prohibited from seeing them. Music is always available so go there.

Offices, large amount are open but plenty have people working from home. No real issue there as long as work being done. Loads of employees are happy with working from home.

People who rant about still in a lockdown isn’t really the case. Obviously it is not what we were use to last year but we are not in prison.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Mr. teddywinkles

Pity they didn't investigate what's coming through the ports and airports. Instead of a bar with fookall people in it. 46000 coming in from the non green list countries unchecked.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

46000 coming in from the non green list countries unchecked.

Where did you get the that figure from?

I watched the prime time episode. Talk about a load of sh1te. Everyone saw how the guy harassed the girl repeatedly to get a pint. It meant nothing to the viewers and literally no one stoppped frequenting pubs because of it. So as a scoop, it failed.

Why are people still discussing it. It gives credence to something that failed. If pubs had the amount of customers that are currently giving out about their closure, the pub industry would have been booming. But the reality pre Covid was pubs were desolate most of the week.

People like to give out but don’t back it up with custom.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Mr. teddywinkles

Concerts? So yes they are deferred but all are streaming gigs so you aren’t prohibited from seeing them.
    Rubbish. The greatest band of all time was due to come back recently to Marlay Park and yet this was cancelled because of the diktats by Leo's unelected junta. They are not streaming gigs so you are talking absolute toilet.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,972 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Leo's unelected junta

LOL.... do you even know the definition of a Junta? Or did you just think it sounded clever and edgy?

Rubbish. The greatest band of all time was due to come back recently to Marlay Park and yet this was cancelled because of the diktats by Leo's unelected junta. They are not streaming gigs so you are talking absolute toilet.

Listen to their cds if it matters that much. Richard, going by your username you are 39. You spend so much time believing that we are in a fascist autocratic tyranny. Even before Covid you were spouting off that being in the EU was a breach of our constitution and Lisbon 2 was undemocrafic and not real.

All you seem to do is fight against the majority. As a Republican myself I could understand some of your thoughts but you don’t have an axis other than dissent.

Maybe you should start living in the real world and before you oppose something, think about the reason. If you are 39 then maybe it’s not appropriate to use adjectives like ‘so called’ or ‘unelected’ before WHO, or government because it adds nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

The greatest band of all time was due to come back recently to Marlay Park and yet this was cancelled because of the diktats by Leo's unelected junta.
    Yeah, guns n roses cancelled their entire 15 date european tour, but were willing to make the trek over with stage & crew just to play 1 night in marlay park, but Leo spoiled it all.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

VinLieger wrote: »
    LOL.... do you even know the definition of a Junta? Or did you just think it sounded clever and edgy?

I’ll select Option B please. Final answer :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,171 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Are we just getting better at discovering it since we rolled out the tracker app? Perhaps the numbers have always been there!

The deaths don't rise immediately, give it a few months so people can get admitted to hospital and spend a little me time on a ventilator first.

People aren't getting better there getting worse, that I believe is down to masks, everything else has gone out the window.

rubadub wrote: »
    Yeah, guns n roses cancelled their entire 15 date european tour, but were willing to make the trek over with stage & crew just to play 1 night in marlay park, but Leo spoiled it all.
    Did it ever dawn on you that all of Europe - and indeed the world - has ventured towards totalitarianism. Leo was merely one actor in this. He is also a complete and utter knob. Stupid film quotes whilst running around the Phoenix Park naked. (And he had admitted on radio that he wasn't staying where subsequently claimed - but this wasn't put to him by the media...)

Micheál Martin is also utterly reprehensible.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 837 ✭✭✭John O.Groats

Did it ever dawn on you that all of Europe - and indeed the world - has ventured towards totalitarianism. Leo was merely one actor in this. He is also a complete and utter knob. Stupid film quotes whilst running around the Phoenix Park naked. (And he had admitted on radio that he wasn't staying where subsequently claimed - but this wasn't put to him by the media...)

Micheál Martin is also utterly reprehensible.

Running around the Phoenix Park naked? When did he do this? As you probably won`t reply the answer is never. More fantasy by you. Nothing new there anyway. And you think Micheál Martin is "utterly reprehensible"? Hmmm. Are you a supporter of a certain political group on the opposition benches I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,972 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Did it ever dawn on you that all of Europe - and indeed the world - has ventured towards totalitarianism.

Once again i dont think you know what the words you are using mean....

Would 5G perhaps also be part of this?

Went to a Chinese restaurant last night and ordered from the specials board. All I can say is ‘I had too much mush foo yung’.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Frankx

Went to a Chinese restaurant last night and ordered from the specials board. All I can say is ‘I had too much mush foo yung’.

You talk enough of it anyway

Frankx wrote: »
    You talk enough of it anyway

Chinese? Haven’t a clue bud.

• Advertisement

Are you a supporter of a certain political group on the opposition benches I wonder?
    I'm not a supporter of anyone who enters Leinster House - let alone those who usurp the name of an organisation and movement which decrees it "an act of treachery, to be dealt with as such".

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement