Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opening of "No-Food" pubs pushed out again

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,690 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

I don’t know. Savings, government assistance, loans, and trading when allowed, would be my guess. Why are you asking me ? I’m not an expert on the pub trade.
    Your original point wasn’t clear what timeframe you were talking about. And I still don’t know what point you were making.
    Edit: forget it. Some pubs will close and i suspect it will take you another few posts to get to the point.

Because you seem to know it all by answering almost every single post on here? So you're an Expert on the matter it seems?

Anyways, my point was that small family owned pubs won't survive the Lockdown, by the time they get to reopen it will be at least 21 months since they earned a cent... and I'm sure by then they'd of burned through any savings and loans.. Government grants? Very funny!

The major ticket item is rent - and if the pub is family owned, then this is non-existant. Obviously, other services need to be paid, such as rates, etc, but one would assume that VFI fees etc will be exempt this year.

I'd say the smaller places may have remortgaged the property if it was fully paid for..
    A lot of Pub licenses will be up for sale this year I reckon, and will suit the large pub groups to buy up the good ones in the cities..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭doublejobbing 2

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9261527/Wetherspoon-wants-pubs-reopened-time-non-essential-shops.html

Britain on course for indoor drinking by May. Our gimps telling us we just might be allowed a beer garden at some stage in the summer.

The time has come for charges of criminal negligence to be brought against Mehole and Leo for having left the borders open in general, but at Christmas in particular. They should be stripped of their savings and their homes as a token of compensation.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,194 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    Because you seem to know it all by answering almost every single post on here? So you're an Expert on the matter it seems?

Anyways, my point was that small family owned pubs won't survive the Lockdown, by the time they get to reopen it will be at least 21 months since they earned a cent... and I'm sure by then they'd of burned through any savings and loans.. Government grants? Very funny!

Ah. It only took 3 posts to make your point.

I don’t claim to be an expert. Are you an expert?

In any case, yes, some businesses will close as a result of the pandemic and the recession that will likely follow. I don’t think it’s funny at all.

Ah. It only took 3 posts to make your point.
    I don’t claim to be an expert. Are you an expert?
    In any case, yes, some businesses will close as a result of the pandemic and the recession that will likely follow. I don’t think it’s funny at all.

Answering almost every single post in a specific thread tends to give that impression of expertise! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭Kunta Kinte

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9261527/Wetherspoon-wants-pubs-reopened-time-non-essential-shops.html

Britain on course for indoor drinking by May. Our gimps telling us we just might be allowed a beer garden at some stage in the summer.

The time has come for charges of criminal negligence to be brought against Mehole and Leo for having left the borders open in general, but at Christmas in particular. They should be stripped of their savings and their homes as a token of compensation.

Anything else you would like to see happen in your fantasy La La land?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,194 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    Answering almost every single post in a specific thread tends to give that impression of expertise! :rolleyes:

Thank you, but i don't claim to be an expert.

Anything else you would like to see happen in your fantasy La La land?:rolleyes:

Gotta love the lockdown loving tools who think we couldn't be Australia / NZ because of something something EU something something Northern border.

It is quite simple. 75% plus of our current cases originate from having been brought in from the UK in mid December onwards.

If Mehole had told the London expats they couldn't come home, we would have stayed largely re opened post Christmas.

By the time I get back to work I will be down circa 4000 to 6000 euro in lost take home earnings.

Mehole should be made to lose out of his own pocket.

Thank you, but i don't claim to be an expert.

Keep up the good work ! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭showpony1

i think they just meant beers in the park or someones back garden like last May/June not even actual beer gardens from pubs being open.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

mightyreds wrote: »
    Drive 2 hours up the road also, NI will follow whatever the UK plan is, we will probably have people heading up every weekend over the summer, pressure mounting over there to stop restrictions at the end of May.

I'll be heading up to friends in Bangor once they re-open. I'll be vaccinated by then so it'll be all systems go.

I'll be heading up to friends in Bangor once they re-open. I'll be vaccinated by then so it'll be all systems go.

I'll be going North on the train for all dayers every Saturday the second they plough ahead with it while Taliban Tony sits on his hole trying to work out how many more weeks can he drag it out to shut down a few more pubs for good.

Gotta love the lockdown loving tools who think we couldn't be Australia / NZ because of something something EU something something Northern border.

It is quite simple. 75% plus of our current cases originate from having been brought in from the UK in mid December onwards.

If Mehole had told the London expats they couldn't come home, we would have stayed largely re opened post Christmas.

By the time I get back to work I will be down circa 4000 to 6000 euro in lost take home earnings.

Mehole should be made to lose out of his own pocket.

Moe La La fantasy land nonsense. Won`t be happening.

I'll be going North on the train for all dayers every Saturday the second they plough ahead with it while Taliban Tony sits on his hole trying to work out how many more weeks can he drag it out to shut down a few more pubs for good.

I hope you have deep pockets. You may need them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Wait, do you want the border open or closed? It seems like In your attempt to come up with kitsch nicknames you've lost your point.

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Wait, do you want the border open or closed? It seems like In your attempt to come up with kitsch nicknames you've lost your point.

His point seems to be contradicting himself in successive posts. No coherence whatsoever.

I want them closed. But if the government won't play ball we have to take matters into our own hands.

I want them closed. But if the government won't play ball we have to take matters into our own hands.

So if the pubs in NI opened next week, and the government introduced border controls, you'd respect that?

So if the pubs in NI opened next week, and the government introduced border controls, you'd respect that?

Would be hard to respect the government breaking international law.

I'd try get around it. I followed, to an absolute T, every single rule of lockdown from March to May. Didn't even visit the missus. I was under some idiotic impression that if we all pulled together we would beat this thing.

We did beat this thing in June. But the government thought that Sorcha and Ronan going to their holiday home in Provence, Vasile the meat plant worker going to a wedding in Romania, and 5000 BLM wasters at the US embassy having their party, was more important than my sacrifice.

So I couldn't give a phuck for their rules any more. Whoever came up with the Hold Firm slogan should be publicly flogged.

• Advertisement

I'd try get around it. I followed, to an absolute T, every single rule of lockdown from March to May. Didn't even visit the missus. I was under some idiotic impression that if we all pulled together we would beat this thing.

We did beat this thing in June. But the government thought that Sorcha and Ronan going to their holiday home in Provence, Vasile the meat plant worker going to a wedding in Romania, and 5000 BLM wasters at the US embassy having their party, was more important than my sacrifice.

So I couldn't give a phuck for their rules any more. Whoever came up with the Hold Firm slogan should be publicly flogged.

Coulda just said "I want rules I'll ignore" and saved your fingers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,876 ✭✭✭Russman

Would be hard to respect the government breaking international law.

So we could never have closed our borders then.....

Coulda just said "I want rules I'll ignore" and saved your fingers.

The NPHET war on pubs has never had anything to do with public health and were the most stringent anywhere on Earth. Phuck them.

The NPHET war on pubs has never had anything to do with public health and were the most stringent anywhere on Earth. Phuck them.

Evidence for your claim?

I'd try get around it. I followed, to an absolute T, every single rule of lockdown from March to May. Didn't even visit the missus. I was under some idiotic impression that if we all pulled together we would beat this thing.We did beat this thing in June. But the government thought that Sorcha and Ronan going to their holiday home in Provence, Vasile the meat plant worker going to a wedding in Romania, and 5000 BLM wasters at the US embassy having their party, was more important than my sacrifice.So I couldn't give a phuck for their rules any more. Whoever came up with the Hold Firm slogan should be publicly flogged.

Come on now, pull on the Green Jersey , we're all in the same boat together... The next few months are critical...
    And we can all look forward to a pint outside next Spring...

Russman wrote: »
    So we could never have closed our borders then.....

All 268 crossings?? Doubtful. And not without the permission of NI.

All 268 crossings?? Doubtful. And not without the permission of NI.

So you agree dj2 is talking out both sides of his mouth then?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

So you agree dj2 is talking out both sides of his mouth then?

Talking out of more than that...

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »

The government doesn't seem to realise that the virus numbers will be through the floor by April, as long as the travel restrictions are implemented.

They don't want to see a dramatic fall off in cases as it will just prove the restrictions should have been done, and would have worked, last summer.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement