Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opening of "No-Food" pubs pushed out again

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭hynesie08

PTH2009 wrote: »

Now, far be it from me to accuse you of being a doom monger, but Where's your issue with that article? Do you have an opinion or did you just get mad at a headline again?

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭Kunta Kinte

PTH2009 wrote: »

Nothing in that article that you linked to is surprising .Nobody realistically believes that the hospitality sector will be reopening before the May bank holiday weekend so what`s your issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Nothing in that article that you linked to is surprising .Nobody realistically believes that the hospitality sector will be reopening before the May bank holiday weekend so what`s your issue?

And who are you exactly to speak on behalf of the whole country? I'd say plenty of people harboured some hope that the hospitality industry might open before May, perhaps the thousands employed in hospitality, perhaps the hundreds of thousands confined to 5k and hoping for an outlet. But no, maybe they're all happy out to stay put on the PUP and wait another few months. Which scenario is more likely I wonder.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Tazz T

showpony1 wrote: »
    i think they just meant beers in the park or someones back garden like last May/June not even actual beer gardens from pubs being open.

'Currently', Level 4 allows limited numbers drinking in beer gardens (no food needed)

All 268 crossings?? Doubtful. And not without the permission of NI.

Or without binning the Good Friday Agreement.

Remember too many in the North work in the south and vice versa. There'd be rucktions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭BringBackMick

Very ambitious from the government

A phased indoor reopening of the sector may be possible later in the summer, depending on the level of the virus in circulation.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

I don't understand this level of caution. We had indoor dining for a large part of last summer without a significant increase in spread of the virus, and that was without vaccines.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    Come on now, pull on the Green Jersey , we're all in the same boat together... The next few months are critical...
    And we can all look forward to a pint outside next Spring...

“Stay together...apart.”

• Registered Users Posts: 38,463 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Can see outdoor dining turning into a sort of mini festival especially if the weather is good but to stop that I think they will try keep the mandatory food, time limit and numbers

Suppose it's better than nothing with some people at a bit of a disadvantage both location etc (the local town may not have a place big enough to open outdoors etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I don't understand this level of caution. We had indoor dining for a large part of last summer without a significant increase in spread of the virus, and that was without vaccines.

Exactly, and they will be again, but right now they can't give a date, so they underpromise and hopefully over deliver.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

I hope that's sarcasm!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I hope that's sarcasm!

****ing depressing is what it is.

There will a mass exodus up north if they are open in April for pints.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Natterjack from Kerry

****ing depressing is what it is.

There will a mass exodus up north if they are open in April for pints.

Leaving the state or even your county for non essential reasons still unlikely to be possible at that stage wont be possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Viscount Aggro

The Dropping Well pub is serving pints. Load of people earlier drinking outside.
    Is this allowed during level 5 ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Leaving the state or even your county for non essential reasons still unlikely to be possible at that stage wont be possible.

It’ll be possible alright. Maybe not allowed, but possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭ShyMets

The Dropping Well pub is serving pints. Load of people earlier drinking outside.

Legally permitted as the Government would have needed to change the licensing laws to prevent it. Which they didn't do.

However the Government asked Publicans not to sell take away pints. The majority seem to be complying

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭never_mind

When gastro pubs are allowed to reopen I wonder will the 9 euro rule still apply. I’d imagine something like that will be enforced anyway.

I get the lockdown thing, I do, but I NEED A FUPPING PINT WITH MY MATES!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Bigfatmichael

May take a trip over now, Cheers. Is there many outside it?

If infections are low in summer and other restrictions are gone, there would be outrage if we were still at 5km.

And rightly so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

McMahons in Maynooth is doing lovely creamy take away pints if anyone is out that way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

never_mind wrote: »
    When gastro pubs are allowed to reopen I wonder will the 9 euro rule still apply. I’d imagine something like that will be enforced anyway.

I get the lockdown thing, I do, but I NEED A FUPPING PINT WITH MY MATES!!!!

They'll have that or the 2 hour limit for a long time. Long term they want to try and change our behaviours to try and centre drinking around food. Covid was just a golden ticket. It ain't going to work though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭opinionated3

They'll have that or the 2 hour limit for a long time. Long term they want to try and change our behaviours to try and centre drinking around food. Covid was just a golden ticket. It ain't going to work though.

Having to purchase food helped ruin our four day break away last September (the ****e weather was the other). A load of bollix. Actually witnessed persons ordering food and leaving it behind untouched. Complete waste of food and the chef's time. A stupid and idiotic rule if ever there was one

• Registered Users Posts: 20,350 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Tazz T wrote: »
    If infections are low in summer and other restrictions are gone, there would be outrage if we were still at 5km.

And rightly so

The 5km restriction will probably be amongst the first restrictions to go.

Masks and distancing will probably be amongst the last to go

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

I don't mind the masks and the distancing too much if that's the way it has to be fair enough but i'm no longer going to tolerate being locked up all the time and staying in 5km any more total arbitrary nonsense and i'll be meeting up with friends as well this draconian nonsense has gone on long enough.

The 5km restriction will probably be amongst the first restrictions to go.

Masks and distancing will probably be amongst the last to go

Then the north is going to be a lot more attractive for staycationing (or flying on somewhere else)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I know I have been fairly vocal before about the pubs closed and how I hate it.

But at this point I just want the country out of the quagmire now.

I would actually support a full hardcore lockdown for 2 months until everyone gets their vaccine and let that be done at least. The more people who get their inoculation the less people we will see in Hospital, in particular the elderly.

The quicker that gets actioned the better. The last thing we need at this stage is another lockdown in the mid summer or worse. I reckon we are better off staying locked down now until this whole mess is done.

I have waited a year... I can certainly wait another few months.

IAMAMORON wrote: »

I would actually support a full hardcore lockdown for 2 months until everyone gets their vaccine and let that be done at least. The more people who get their inoculation the less people we will see in Hospital, in particular the elderly.

We will have completed that 'full hardcore two month lockdown' next week. Are you suggesting another?

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭Kunta Kinte

IAMAMORON wrote: »

The quicker that gets actioned the better. The last thing we need at this stage is another lockdown in the mid summer or worse. I reckon we are better off staying locked down now until this whole mess is done.

I have waited a year... I can certainly wait another few months.

You and others may have no choice but to do that. Anyone who has any notions of flouting the regulations had better be prepared to face the consequences.

Tazz T wrote: »
    We will have completed that 'full hardcore two month lockdown' next week. Are you suggesting another?

Yes.

I just want it done now.

As I said, I have been locked up a year, another 2 months won't hurt me at this point.

• Advertisement

You and others may have no choice but to do that. Anyone who has any notions of flouting the regulations had better be prepared to face the consequences.

Nice Try.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement