Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opening of "No-Food" pubs pushed out again

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭poppers

never_mind wrote: »
    When gastro pubs are allowed to reopen I wonder will the 9 euro rule still apply. I’d imagine something like that will be enforced anyway.

I get the lockdown thing, I do, but I NEED A FUPPING PINT WITH MY MATES!!!!

Pubs were not supposed to be open the €9 substanstial meal is what is required to have a restaurant licence.
    the VFI kicked up a fuss that pubs selling meals should be allowed to open so therfore they need to obey the rules. No one heads down to the local restaurnt and complains when they expect you to order food instead of pints only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭doublejobbing 2

Tazz T wrote: »
    We will have completed that 'full hardcore two month lockdown' next week. Are you suggesting another?

We have done half arsed lockdowns since the start. Either do it like something the Burmese military would do or don't do it at all. Let's call a spade a spade, the vast majority of people presently testing positive for Covid are the hundreds going to funerals, the lads drinking cans and sharing joints on the Liffey Boardwalk, etc etc. There is no difference to be had because these lads will never obey the laws unless they are hit hard in the pocket.

The buy in from the general public is gone. I don't do anything daft but I have cans with a friend or two. I sacrificed my bollix off last April and May and the government couldn't respect that enough to shut the borders or set the water cannons on the BLM marchers last summer, so why should I bother any more, there's no reward at the end of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Tazz T

We have done half arsed lockdowns since the start. Either do it like something the Burmese military would do or don't do it at all. Let's call a spade a spade, the vast majority of people presently testing positive for Covid are the hundreds going to funerals, the lads drinking cans and sharing joints on the Liffey Boardwalk, etc etc. There is no difference to be had because these lads will never obey the laws unless they are hit hard in the pocket.

The buy in from the general public is gone. I don't do anything daft but I have cans with a friend or two. I sacrificed my bollix off last April and May and the government couldn't respect that enough to shut the borders or set the water cannons on the BLM marchers last summer, so why should I bother any more, there's no reward at the end of it.

You lost me at 'Burmese military'...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,446 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Yes.

I just want it done now.

As I said, I have been locked up a year, another 2 months won't hurt me at this point.

How can we have any trust that it would only be another 2 months?

Fool me once...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭ShyMets

You and others may have no choice but to do that. Anyone who has any notions of flouting the regulations had better be prepared to face the consequences.

Edgy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

You and others may have no choice but to do that. Anyone who has any notions of flouting the regulations had better be prepared to face the consequences.

Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭Kunta Kinte

ShyMets wrote: »
    Edgy

Nope the truth. "Do the crime be prepared to pay the fine".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

How can we have any trust that it would only be another 2 months?

Fool me once...

Honestly at this point I don't care if it is actually 3 months.

As I said... I just want it done now.

Nope the truth. "Do the crime be prepared to pay the fine".

I've been traveling beyond the 5k limit. But rest easy. its been for child care purposes.

So all above board

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭Kunta Kinte

I've been traveling beyond the 5k limit. But rest easy. its been for child care purposes.

So all above board

If you say so.

• Advertisement

If you say so.

I do. It's permitted and within the guidelines

• Registered Users Posts: 20,194 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Tazz T wrote: »
    Then the north is going to be a lot more attractive for staycationing (or flying on somewhere else)

Oh yes, of course. The north was the route a lot of people took to get to the Republic at Christmas too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Bigfatmichael

I do. It's permitted and within the guidelines

We've got a badass over here

Some regulations are there to be broken and that 5km is one of them ;). Havent stuck to it since the pandemic and dont intend to do so weather its visiting my partner who lives 70kms away or going out for exercise (running/cycling)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Some regulations are there to be broken and that 5km is one of them ;). Havent stuck to it since the pandemic and dont intend to do so weather its visiting my partner who lives 70kms away or going out for exercise (running/cycling)

Once the sunnier warmer weather comes that’ll be out the window. I can’t see two 5 foot nothing Gardai approaching a gang of teens from Kilbarrack on Portmarnock beach and telling them to go home. It’s pretty much only easy targets for them out at the moment, bored lonely people out for a drive to clear their heads etc. When trouble starts moving again you’ll see the Gardai go back into their shells quick enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Sounding like it will be 'outdoor dining' only for the summer and what a struggle that could turn into trying to get in somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭hynesie08

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Sounding like it will be 'outdoor dining' only for the summer and what a struggle that could turn into trying to get in somewhere

Where do you live that seems to hate money so much?

A struggle?

"Afternoon, any tables"
    "yes/no/only for an hour/will in an hour"
    "thanks/no worries/I was hoping to stay longer/sound I'll come back in an hour"

Jobs a goodun......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,477 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

PTH2009 wrote: »

If then that's the recommendation then pubs will just have to make a call on it

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Where do you live that seems to hate money so much?

A struggle?

"Afternoon, any tables"
    "yes/no/only for an hour/will in an hour"
    "thanks/no worries/I was hoping to stay longer/sound I'll come back in an hour"

Jobs a goodun......

Any tables? No, we can’t afford DCCs extortionate fees. Number 4 varies from €200-€500 per square yard.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,537 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Any tables? No, we can’t afford DCCs extortionate fees. Number 4 varies from €200-€500 per square yard.

Sorry I thought this was a restaurant. My mistake.

• Advertisement

And yet when it was introduced in Dublin, you couldn't walk from one end of the street to the other without seeing mismatched school furniture and pop up marquees in loading zones.........

pjohnson wrote: »
    Sorry I thought this was a restaurant. My mistake.

Fees apply to ANY business that wants to put furniture outside. Pub, cafe, restaurant or hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,093 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

"Dublin Chamber has welcomed the move by Dublin City Council to waive charges on the placement of tables and chairs within the public realm.

Dublin Chamber, the representative group for businesses in the Dublin region, said the move will help many cafes and restaurants in the city to reopen and recover more quickly."

https://www.dublinchamber.ie/media/news/june-2020/chamber-welcomes-waiver-of-outdoor-furniture-fees

john4321 wrote: »
    "Dublin Chamber has welcomed the move by Dublin City Council to waive charges on the placement of tables and chairs within the public realm.

Dublin Chamber, the representative group for businesses in the Dublin region, said the move will help many cafes and restaurants in the city to reopen and recover more quickly."

https://www.dublinchamber.ie/media/news/june-2020/chamber-welcomes-waiver-of-outdoor-furniture-fees

We are well past the six months it was waived for last summer. Did you read your link? Or just see the headline and think Gotcha??

We are well past the six months it was waived for last summer. Did you read your link? Or just see the headline and think Gotcha??

Why would you extend it when pubs and cafes aren't allowed have any seats?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,093 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

Jan 2021

https://councilmeetings.dublincity.ie/mgConvert2PDF.aspx?ID=30667

"Street furniture Unit
    The CE has established the Public Spaces Working Group to assess applications for
    temporary Covid 19 street furniture permits (free for 6 months) to assist cafes/restaurants
    etc. in reopening. In addition all existing street furniture licence holders are being offered a
    free 6 month extension on existing licences. Over 320 applications have been received to
    date."

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Why would you extend it when pubs and cafes aren't allowed have any seats?

I’ve no say over expanding it. DCC made no mention of expanding if after the initial 6 months. As it stands, fees are applicable for street furniture. If that changes fair enough, but there is nothing so far to suggest it will. DCC will have lost a lot of money from the lockdowns too.

john4321 wrote: »
    Jan 2021

https://councilmeetings.dublincity.ie/mgConvert2PDF.aspx?ID=30667

"Street furniture Unit
    The CE has established the Public Spaces Working Group to assess applications for
    temporary Covid 19 street furniture permits (free for 6 months) to assist cafes/restaurants
    etc. in reopening. In addition all existing street furniture licence holders are being offered a
    free 6 month extension on existing licences. Over 320 applications have been received to
    date."

That’s fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

poppers wrote: »
    Pubs were not supposed to be open the €9 substanstial meal is what is required to have a restaurant licence.
    the VFI kicked up a fuss that pubs selling meals should be allowed to open so therfore they need to obey the rules. No one heads down to the local restaurnt and complains when they expect you to order food instead of pints only.

This. Exactly. Been said countless times already in various threads, the "substantial meal" is only an issue because the vfi and lvfi all whinged when restaurants were permitted to open "oh but we're really restaurants too, why can't we open?" So they were let. AS A FCUKIN RESTAURANT.

There are none so blind as those who will not see....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Is the private bar in the Dail closed ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement