Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opening of "No-Food" pubs pushed out again

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Is the private bar in the Dail closed ?

More than likely open.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Is the canteen in cie closed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Bigfatmichael

I just want a ****ing pint

• Registered Users Posts: 15,093 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

fin12 wrote: »
    More than likely open.

"The Dáil members bar is not reopening despite being permitted to serve food and alcohol under Level 3 Covid-19 restrictions.

It was initially announced that the Leinster House bar was to reopen along with other pubs that serve food in December.

However, Ceann Comhairle Seán Ó Fearghaíl intervened to prevent it from reopening over fears it would cause the “reputational damage” to the Houses of the Oireachtas."

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/dail-members-bar-to-remain-closed-amid-fears-of-reopening-it-could-lead-to-reputational-damage-39861919.html

• Registered Users Posts: 20,191 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Definitely should be closed if everything else is closed. Work canteens are fair enough, but they definitely shouldn’t sell booze. For solidarity sake even if it’s permitted in law (for a work canteen with a licence) to sell alcohol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

john4321 wrote: »
    "The Dáil members bar is not reopening despite being permitted to serve food and alcohol under Level 3 Covid-19 restrictions.

It was initially announced that the Leinster House bar was to reopen along with other pubs that serve food in December.

However, Ceann Comhairle Seán Ó Fearghaíl intervened to prevent it from reopening over fears it would cause the “reputational damage” to the Houses of the Oireachtas."

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/dail-members-bar-to-remain-closed-amid-fears-of-reopening-it-could-lead-to-reputational-damage-39861919.html

Printed in a paper that is run by the government, yes I think I’ll choose not to believe what’s printed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭PommieBast

Probably closed as the Dail is currently decamped to the convention centre rather than the usual parliament building.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭ShyMets

Ah yerra I hope they never reopen.

Just threw that one in as we haven't had it in a while:)

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭Kunta Kinte

I just want a ****ing pint

You do know pubs can still legally sell takeaway alcohol?

ShyMets wrote: »
    Ah yerra I hope they never reopen.

Just threw that one in as we haven't had it in a while:)

Be careful what you wish for tongue in cheek comment or not. You may just get it.

• Advertisement

Be careful what you wish for tongue in cheek comment or not. You may just get it.

Its a possibility but a distinctly remote one

Its a possibility but a distinctly remote one

Some posters on this thread would disagree with you about it being a remote possibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

I wish Kunta Kinte would give it a rest with the condescending comments on here. Any hope of that happening..

Some posters on this thread would disagree with you about it being a remote possibility.

Indeed they would. And I would disagree with them. Its called a difference of opinion.

I wish Kunta Kinte would give it a rest with the condescending comments on here. Any hope of that happening..

It clearly fills a need they have. So I'm willing to indulge for now

Any hope you might stop trying to silence other posters with a different viewpoint from yours?

It clearly fills a need they have. So I'm willing to indulge for now

And what need would that be exactly? Do tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Any hope you might stop trying to silence other posters with a different viewpoint from yours?

Not trying to silence anyone. Just calling out bluffers who are spouting ****e

And what need would that be exactly? Do tell.

Perhaps the need the come across as a contrarian. To put across a different viewpoint for the shake of it when there is no evidence to suggest pubs will not reopen in some form

Perhaps the need the come across as a contrarian. To put across a different viewpoint for the shake of it when there is no evidence to suggest pubs will not reopen in some form

Where and when have I said that wet pubs will definitely not reopen in some shape or form? I commented earlier that other posters here have made that claim.

• Advertisement

Where and when have I said that wet pubs will definitely not reopen in some shape or form? I commented earlier that other posters here have made that claim.

My apologies. You did not.

Can we still be friends

Not trying to silence anyone. Just calling out bluffers who are spouting ****e

Give examples of the "****e spouting" that you are referring to here. That is if you can find any.

My apologies. You did not.

Can we still be friends

OK by me. Apology accepted.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭vafankillar

any know if any place in dublin city are doin take away pints again yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

Bars in Madrid open till curfew. Its time for the gov to reopen our pubs both old and gastro with appropriate C19 protocols as necessary....

In the meantime where in D1/D2 doing takeaways????

• Registered Users Posts: 7,897 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

fin12 wrote: »
    Printed in a paper that is run by the government, yes I think I’ll choose not to believe what’s printed.

Oh for crying out loud :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭doublejobbing 2

pottokblue wrote: »
    Bars in Madrid open till curfew. Its time for the gov to reopen our pubs both old and gastro with appropriate C19 protocols as necessary....

In the meantime where in D1/D2 doing takeaways????

Every nursing home resident and staff member has been, or will soon be, fully vaccinated.

This effectively means that for the vast, vast majority of the population, they now have a choice of isolating fully until the vaccine comes to them, or taking their chances and re entering society. The vast majority of people who contract the virus from here on in will contract it from their own decisions and activity- a risk I am very willing to take.

The amount of elderly people you see out and about with their grandkids all year shows you that the opinions of this group are ignored- most of them would rather risk death (and the risk of death even among the elderly is reasonably low) than live like this any longer. God knows how many have died from their body simply giving up through boredom and depression. Likely more than have died direcly from Covid (lest we forget the creative ways someone can be classed as dying of Covid)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Every nursing home resident and staff member has been, or will soon be, fully vaccinated.

This effectively means that for the vast, vast majority of the population, they now have a choice of isolating fully until the vaccine comes to them, or taking their chances and re entering society. The vast majority of people who contract the virus from here on in will contract it from their own decisions and activity- a risk I am very willing to take.

The amount of elderly people you see out and about with their grandkids all year shows you that the opinions of this group are ignored- most of them would rather risk death (and the risk of death even among the elderly is reasonably low) than live like this any longer. God knows how many have died from their body simply giving up through boredom and depression. Likely more than have died direcly from Covid (lest we forget the creative ways someone can be classed as dying of Covid)

To be honest I think people dying from Cancer or Heart conditions due to the hospitals being overwhelmed with Covid is at much as a concern as Covid.

153 in icu with Covid means limited Heart bypasses, no transplant operations etc limited cancer screenings, limited mastectomy etc.

The societal risk from Covid is almost as bad as Covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭GazzaL

To be honest I think people dying from Cancer or Heart conditions due to the hospitals being overwhelmed with Covid is at much as a concern as Covid.

153 in icu with Covid means limited Heart bypasses, no transplant operations etc limited cancer screenings, limited mastectomy etc.

The societal risk from Covid is almost as bad as Covid.

Those people's lives don't matter though. The Government/NPHET/media don't give a **** if someone dies from cancer or a heart attack or suicide. If someone commits suicide in this country, who was asymptomatic with COVID, they will be counted as a COVID death. It's ****ing sick.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

GazzaL wrote: »
    Those people's lives don't matter though. The Government/NPHET/media don't give a **** if someone dies from cancer or a heart attack or suicide. If someone commits suicide in this country, who was asymptomatic with COVID, they will be counted as a COVID death. It's ****ing sick.

Those peoples lives definitely matter.

They are why we have such lockdowns. The goal is to make it so the hospitals have capacity so that they can be treated.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement