Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opening of "No-Food" pubs pushed out again

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭Dickie10

Im all for pubs and hotels opening soon but anyone thinking they will oen in next 2 months is crazy, it will take until end of may to get over 65s vaxxed. then i dont see a problem with opening wevrything, cases will go crazy all right but then is the time people need to stop going for covid tests, get the case numbers down that way, the risk of getting sick for anyone under 65 will be very small and wont be major for hospitals to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭Kunta Kinte

Dickie10 wrote: »
    Im all for pubs and hotels opening soon but anyone thinking they will oen in next 2 months is crazy, it will take until end of may to get over 65s vaxxed. then i dont see a problem with opening wevrything, cases will go crazy all right but then is the time people need to stop going for covid tests, get the case numbers down that way, the risk of getting sick for anyone under 65 will be very small and wont be major for hospitals to deal with.

Is that your idea of a plan? People should stop being tested to falsely drive case numbers down? You have to be taking the piss with that comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Is that your idea of a plan? People should stop being tested to falsely drive case numbers down? You have to be taking the piss with that comment.

Nope the great man himself trump said u stop testing , the cases go down, u test more, the more cases u get. It’s pretty simple stuff to understand. A child would understand it.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭Kunta Kinte

fin12 wrote: »
    Nope the great man orange moron himself trump said u stop testing , the cases go down, u test more, the more cases u get. It’s pretty simple crazy stuff to try to understand. A child would understand suggest it.

FYP.

He’s clearly a moron; sure why not stop testing for cancer as well - really get those numbers down too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,214 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Those peoples lives definitely matter.

They are why we have such lockdowns. The goal is to make it so the hospitals have capacity so that they can be treated.

Sorry but how can it be that a functioning country of 5 million people can't cope with 150 people in ICU, across all hospitals? Especially after having a year to prepare. It's an absolute joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

He’s clearly a moron; sure why not stop testing for cancer as well - really get those numbers down too.

They did do that. Cancer screenings were stopped for several months.

They did do that. Cancer screenings were stopped for several months.

Not to get there numbers down though :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭893bet

Printed in a paper that is run by the government, yes I think I’ll choose not to believe what’s printed.

Yeah as they would be able to keep it quiet if it was a lie.

The staff are actually prison workers that are slipped in and out to work everyday??

And Sinn Fein wouldn’t take a strategic view of it and do the “we don’t use it on principal so it’s just full of the old cronies” to score a point??

Earth is also flat and and that moon landing never happened. Moon landing was so fake they are still faking stuff 50 years later.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    Sorry but how can it be that a functioning country of 5 million people can't cope with 150 people in ICU, across all hospitals? Especially after having a year to prepare. It's an absolute joke.

Icu can't be added on like switching a light bulb. You need dedicated trained staff.

Our peace time Icu capacity is around 225. Rightly or wrongly the hse's focus was on surge capacity rather than increasing permanent bed numbers. I guess it was easier to do.

Can I remind you it's 150 in Icu due to Covid. We have 140ish non Covid patients in Icu at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

http://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2021/0220/1198280-taoiseach-restrictions/

Well that is it. The shutters are down until at least the middle of summer. There'll be no pints of plain drank til then. Good to get the clarity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭Cork2021

Well that is it. The shutters are down until at least the middle of summer. There'll be no pints of plain drank til then. Good to get the clarity.

He’s kite flying again!! Will they ever just shut up!

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Drifter50

That seems fairly clear if the report is accurate. Not even consideration untill mid summer, so thats July

How utterly utterly depressing. God I feel sorry for all those employed in hospitality, you have to think "were" employed in hospitality at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Tazz T

ceadaoin. wrote: »

This is the biggest issue. Instead of ramping up the medical system and investing in healthcare, let's spend money shutting down travel industry and fining people for leaving their homes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭PommieBast

I am assuming that they really mean nothing open before July. Massive green light to shebeen building projects methinks..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Good to have it made kind of official so people can stop banging this drum.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭alentejo

I think the totality of MM comments about hospitality reopening not being considered till Mid Summer is wrong. If the numbers fall off a cliff or are so low, then it should be considered at least.

Also, a phased opening of hospitality should consider the opening of Cafe's and non alcohol meals before a more complete reopening.

I just wish government would be more imaginative about reopening in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭vafankillar

official mid-summer would mean june 15, since february here is the start of spring

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

alentejo wrote: »
    I think the totality of MM comments about hospitality reopening not being considered till Mid Summer is wrong. If the numbers fall off a cliff or are so low, then it should be considered at least.

Also, a phased opening of hospitality should consider the opening of Cafe's and non alcohol meals before a more complete reopening.

I just wish government would be more imaginative about reopening in general.

Personally I wouldn't have an issue with controlled environments like gastro pubs pubs opening. Can't see the "wet" pubs opening for a long while though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭Cork2021

In terms of sheebens, typically over the past few years we’ve had very good weather from middle of April into June. July and August have been meh!
    You’ll see plenty of sheds been bought over the next while!
    Like I said Boris is revealing England’s route out of lockdown on Monday, and I think once something opens by law it can’t be shut down again. So let’s see what they do and see what our lot release to the papers before the actual publishing of our new ‘not living with covid plan’

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I would imagine after Easter and when the fine weather comes back the Take Away outdoor pints will be flying out.

Scooptastic.

The answer is b - 5 pints of Stout please, get on it mudda fugga.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,154 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Takeaway pints are banned right now, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Takeaway pints are banned right now, right?

Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 14,154 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Then what was all that "you can forget about takeaway pints" malarkey from MM last month?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Then what was all that "you can forget about takeaway pints" malarkey from MM last month?

He asked bars to stop selling them, bars stopped selling them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,168 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Any case for making pubs vaccine centres at least in some areas?

Get your shots then a pint. Rinse and repeat..

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

hynesie08 wrote: »
    He asked bars to stop selling them, bars stopped selling them.

Not where I am in North Dublin at least

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭vafankillar

vague postering to give the impression its' banned, and shift public mood. as far as I know it worked enough that diageo stopped actually delivery kegs to pubs.

but they were never banned, apparently it's part of the legislation to do with off licences and would have to change that law to ban them or something

i'm pro-lockdown myself, but I dont see the harm in a few take away pints once numbers are dropping.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Patches oHoulihan

Cork2021 wrote: »
    In terms of sheebens, typically over the past few years we’ve had very good weather from middle of April into June. July and August have been meh!
    You’ll see plenty of sheds been bought over the next while!
    Like I said Boris is revealing England’s route out of lockdown on Monday, and I think once something opens by law it can’t be shut down again. So let’s see what they do and see what our lot release to the papers before the actual publishing of our new ‘not living with covid plan’

I'm going to a shed tonight.
    Literally a tool shed with 3 crates for the three of us.
    Its a hark back to when we were 15 drinking cans under the bridge but we need it the outlet. Done with following rules when 1000 people a day seem to not give a flying ****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

I'm going to a shed tonight.
    Literally a tool shed with 3 crates for the three of us.
    Its a hark back to when we were 15 drinking cans under the bridge but we need it the outlet. Done with following rules when 1000 people a day seem to not give a flying ****.

A shed? Do none of ye own a house with a living room?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement