Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opening of "No-Food" pubs pushed out again

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,292 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Can't be hitting the bong with the kids running around the living room

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

http://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2021/0220/1198280-taoiseach-restrictions/

Well that is it. The shutters are down until at least the middle of summer. There'll be no pints of plain drank til then. Good to get the clarity.

Everyone has cricised MM for not talking directly to the nation but instead kite flying, in the Irish Mirror of all places, last Thursday. So what does MM do to fix it, he goes on R na G to kite fly there coz, as you know, the masses all gather around the wireless every Saturday morning to listen to R na G.

Jesus wept...

And because its in Irish there is little scope for the clip even getting viral repetition on social media and in the general media.

MM is a disaster, and I say that as someone who used to rate him.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

I'm going to a shed tonight.
    Literally a tool shed with 3 crates for the three of us.
    Its a hark back to when we were 15 drinking cans under the bridge but we need it the outlet. Done with following rules when 1000 people a day seem to not give a flying ****.

Hope John Law gets wind of it and breaks up the illegal shebeen. No respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

On 1 June, restaurants and pubs should be open for over 70’s and then progressively as everyone is vaccinated. No reason why not....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

On 1 June, restaurants and pubs should be open for over 70’s..

Over 70's should have their own menus too, Soup, over-boiled stew and prune juice, someone needs to email Stephen Donnelly to sort this out pronto!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

9e coddle and whiskey...or guinness and toasties...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,350 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

http://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2021/0220/1198280-taoiseach-restrictions/

Well that is it. The shutters are down until at least the middle of summer. There'll be no pints of plain drank til then. Good to get the clarity.

Interesting to see someone misunderstanding the message in the same article as the message is broadcast. They said they aren’t considering opening pubs until mid summer but the guy from Restaurants Association of Ireland CEO Adrian Cummins made the mistake of talking about it as an announcement of a reopening date being announced for mid summer.

From that RTE article. “Responding to the Taoiseach's comments, Restaurants Association of Ireland CEO Adrian Cummins said in a statement that ...” the Government needs to clarify if mid-summer for reopening is the start of June or the start of July as businesses will need to plan for reopening with public health allows.".

They didn’t say pubs would reopen in mid summer. They said they’re not considering opening them until mid summer.

They didn’t say pubs would reopen in mid summer. They said they’re not considering opening them until mid summer.

MMartin didn't say which year..

Pubs won't go for the 15 outdoors again..what's the point..stay shut until this Government makes up it's mind that once all pubs reopen they won't be shut down again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

hynesie08 wrote: »
    He asked bars to stop selling them, bars stopped selling them.

They haven’t stopped selling them, when the last time u tried to order one, there was no DEMAND for them cause it was F*cking FREEZING. People would buy and take home but the street drinking will start up again now cause the weather getting better. Why is there always a bloody debate about this. It’s just incredibly annoying . If u want to get a takeaway pint, u can get one it’s as simple as that.

I'm going to a shed tonight.
    Literally a tool shed with 3 crates for the three of us.
    Its a hark back to when we were 15 drinking cans under the bridge but we need it the outlet. Done with following rules when 1000 people a day seem to not give a flying ****.

Enjoy , I wish I could go somewhere like that....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭hynesie08

fin12 wrote: »
    They haven’t stopped selling them, when the last time u tried to order one, there was no DEMAND for them cause it was F*cking FREEZING. People would buy and take home but the street drinking will start up again now cause the weather getting better. Why is there always a bloody debate about this. It’s just incredibly annoying . If u want to get a takeaway pint, u can get one it’s as simple as that.

The day he asked them not to sell, every pub in Dublin city centre put up an almost identical post about doing their part and closing. They haven't restarted.

The day he asked them not to sell, every pub in Dublin city centre put up an almost identical post about doing their part and closing. They haven't restarted.

Well people live outside Dublin city centre, I have and knew I could order takeaway pints every weekend throughout this. This is IRElAND not Dublin only.

fin12 wrote: »
    Well people live outside Dublin city centre, I have and knew I could order takeaway pints every weekend throughout this. This is IRElAND not Dublin only.

OK........ How many have you had tonight?

OK........ How many have you had tonight?

I have t had any takeaway pints cause I’m not socializing with anyone but I knew several places to get them. How many times do I have to say this to u. I’m not made of money to buy takeaway pints every weekend for the sake of it, I’m drinking shop bought alcohol.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    Over 70's should have their own menus too, Soup, over-boiled stew and prune juice, someone needs to email Stephen Donnelly to sort this out pronto!!

Why not? Are you anti opening up?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

had 3 guinness tonight from local before moving onto spirits athome

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭Cork2021

You’d be off your face on vaccines and stout!!

https://twitter.com/irishexaminer/status/1363377799122231300?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Cork2021 wrote: »
    You’d be off your face on vaccines and stout!!

https://twitter.com/irishexaminer/status/1363377799122231300?s=21

Looks like Beck's though, they can keep it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭Cork2021

Outdoors only this summer, according to our de facto leader Professor Nolan, looks as if he doesn’t think vaccines work. More kite flying!! Sick of it

https://twitter.com/micheallehane/status/1363478971699101699?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

I think that's fair. Much less risk of transmission.

Looking forward to a bowl of mussels outdoors with a pint. That's generally the type of drinking I would do anyway, so won't effect me too much.

If you're used to gulling back pints in a dark "wet" pub though I fear 2021 is going to very much mirror 2020.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Patches oHoulihan

Hope John Law gets wind of it and breaks up the illegal shebeen. No respect.

The law didnt catch up on us and we had a good laugh. The fact we are all in our 40s was both hilarious and sad.

No Shebeen in sight. We literally sat on the crates.

I think that's fair. Much less risk of transmission.

Looking forward to a bowl of mussels outdoors with a pint. That's generally the type of drinking I would do anyway, so won't effect me too much.

If you're used to gulling back pints in a dark "wet" pub though I fear 2021 is going to very much mirror 2020.

How is it fair? We could dine indoors last summer when no vaccines available yet this summer there are vaccines and we are under even more restrictions. At this stage I wouldn’t mind going back to 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Dublin City (and Cork City and some other cities) have bylaws about the consumption of drink in public places. There's also a rule that if an off license (and a pub selling take away pints is acting as an off license) sells alcohol the consumer has to go a certain distance away from the off license before consuming.

There was a whisper in the ear to Dublin publicans that those bylaws and license regulations would be enforced. Therefore compliance with government requests went up.

Dublin City (and Cork City and some other cities) have bylaws about the consumption of drink in public places. There's also a rule that if an off license (and a pub selling take away pints is acting as an off license) sells alcohol the consumer has to go a certain distance away from the off license before consuming.

There was a whisper in the ear to Dublin publicans that those bylaws and license regulations would be enforced. Therefore compliance with government requests went up.

Oh I completely agree, any attempt to fight it probably would have been met with 2 gardai on every corner between the hapenny Bridge and Harcourt St.

Oh I completely agree, any attempt to fight it probably would have been met with 2 gardai on every corner between the hapenny Bridge and Harcourt St.

There's plenty of places around Dublin where certain young Gentleman can openly deal Narcotics, and never a Gard to be seen... yet the Gards will be all over you if you dare to drink a beer outside a Bar....easy targets!
    ....The response to this microscopic virus has long since lost any proportionality!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭ShyMets

I'd murder a clatter of pints right now

ShyMets wrote: »
    I'd murder a clatter of pints right now

How many in a clatter? More than a hape? Less than a rake? The lager equivalent to a feed of guinness?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭ShyMets

How many in a clatter? More than a hape? Less than a rake? The lager equivalent to a feed of guinness?

Somewhere between a hape and a rake

ShyMets wrote: »
    Somewhere between a hape and a rake

Sounds good.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Samsonsmasher

Bars pubs restaurants hotels should just open as one. F*ck the lockdown. Open up and defy Nphet. Enough is enough is enough.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement