Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opening of "No-Food" pubs pushed out again

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭doublejobbing 2

UK pubs not to fully re open until June 21st. Absolutely zero chance of our clowns overtaking them regardless of case numbers.

At this stage I'd be more inclined to follow the UK progress, if they can speed up this date as the vaccines increase that is a better marker than anything our fools will come out with.

The UK won't be too far behind Israel at some stage soon, if they re open faster then staying closed simply cannot be justified.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

A fine afternoon and more expected this weekend, where in Dublin doing takeaway?? until we wait for the beer gardens/no food pubs to reopen...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Listen, you can forget about takeaway pints now!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,189 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

UK pubs not to fully re open until June 21st. Absolutely zero chance of our clowns overtaking them regardless of case numbers.

At this stage I'd be more inclined to follow the UK progress, if they can speed up this date as the vaccines increase that is a better marker than anything our fools will come out with.

The UK won't be too far behind Israel at some stage soon, if they re open faster then staying closed simply cannot be justified.

They are way ahead of most countries in terms of vaccine rollout. Why would our leaders be clowns for not reopening faster than them when we are behind in vaccination percentage? Wouldn’t that be the sensible approach (if we’re assuming that the UK is taking the right approach).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,168 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Roll out the vaccine. Speed it for for God's sake!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭ShyMets

Listen, you can forget about takeaway pints now!

Prey tell Paddy.

Do you have the inside track again:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

UK outdoor pubs open 12 April
    UK Indoor pubs open 17 May
    Nightclubs 21 June

No food stipulation to any of the levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,189 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

saabsaab wrote: »
    Roll out the vaccine. Speed it for for God's sake!

Of course we all want it to speed up. The vaccine production and procurement is the bottleneck. 7bn people want 2 doses of vaccine now. That’s not possible so we’re making do with what we can get. We skipped to near the front of the world queue by virtue of nothing more than being in the EU. Otherwise we’d be well
    back in the middle of the global queue, watching France and Germany and the US and China, and all the bigger and more powerful nations getting most of their populations vaccinated all summer, before we’d get a look in.

In global terms, we’re doing great with the vaccine. But I know that will be very unpopular to say in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,446 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Nightclubs 21 June

We will get it backwards again. Can't open in spring because Paddy's day lads...can't open in summer cos the sun lads...can't open in winter because remember what happened last Christmas lads.

When they do open again you just know it'll be that food/time limit/sit down bollocks.

They're laughing at us.

We will get it backwards again. Can't open in spring because Paddy's day lads...can't open in summer cos the sun lads...can't open in winter because remember what happened last Christmas lads.

When they do open again you just know it'll be that food/time limit/sit down bollocks.

They're laughing at us.

Assuming NI follows what has been announced for England, it will be hard for Ireland to be more than 4 weeks later than those dates.

There'll be too much public pressure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭PommieBast

Given how the Irish state is dicking me around with my naturalisation I am not messing around. Registered with a GP in the UK and current estimate is that I'll be jabbed end of May.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭AndOne

Nightclubs 21 June

What maniac is eating food in a nightclub?

Only time I ate in a nightclub was a pack of meanies at the wezz.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

AndOne wrote: »

Back in the day you'd get a full meal, like a chicken curry or whatnot

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Barcode was a **** hole, but the midnight 3 in 1 in the Chinese upstairs watching the fallen teenagers trying to get their second wind was always a highlight.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭PommieBast

I didn't eat myself but lasting memory was one in Telford that had its own on-site chipper & kebab in the smoking yard..

• Registered Users Posts: 26,281 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Nightclubs 21 June

180 quid return business class British airways Thursday the 24th of June back the Monday ,

lounge boozing -> plane boozing -> pub boozing -> nightclub - >repeat for days - > cure in the lounge -> more cures on the plane home -> back Monday afternoon for a good aul kip and a quarantine.

free to change so may aswell book in , the great boards UK pub-crawl 2021 starts here.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

Meanwhile in the UK...

180 quid return business class British airways Thursday the 24th of June back the Monday ,

lounge boozing -> plane boozing -> pub boozing -> nightclub - >repeat for days - > cure in the lounge -> more cures on the plane home -> back Monday afternoon for a good aul kip and a quarantine.

free to change so may aswell book in , the great boards UK pub-crawl 2021 starts here.

Football match, Soho then onto Fabric followed by breakfast in Spoons....and go again

Football match, Soho then onto Fabric followed by breakfast in Spoons....and go again

ohh lord that sounds good.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Natterjack from Kerry

With mid May the likely opening in the UK, it would like like post summer here. I would be hopeful September could now be a realistic schedule for us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

I've not been in the (C) Box since 12march2020, 11 months on I still miss it, I'm resigned to waiting it out but I hope they'll be able to reopen...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

If we are actually going to roll out 100k vaccines this week and next, with them being over 80% effective, and the case numbers falling, there is no justification on having things like pubs closed after Easter. They should be open in the next 2-3 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

cant see anyone eating the morning after fabric, i know i didnt....

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Grueller Baby

copeyhagen wrote: »
    cant see anyone eating the morning after fabric, i know i didnt....

The last time I was in Fabric was 2009 I think and I can still remember the aftermath. I don't think I left the bed for days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

The last time I was in Fabric was 2009 I think and I can still remember the aftermath. I don't think I left the bed for days.

and when your in another country :o

the first time I was there I was on a business day trip, finished work at 8 in the evening, was going to go for a few pints then go check in to a hotel, instead I stashed my laptop bag in a luggage holding place, went for a curry, went on the rip and went to fabric, jaw hanging off me bopping around in a suit and groove armada were playing at 4am, left there at 7 in a jock, got my laptop back and went to the airport.

Had to persuade BA staff to allow me on the plane but the air hostess knew how much of a jock I was in and why so delightfully kept bringing me water and orange juice every 5 minutes for the duration of the flight.

and I expensed the lot to the client.

The mistake was going to bed, kick on:p

It's not the fall that'll kill ye, it's the sudden stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,446 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Lads stop talking about the good old days I've an awful horn on me now for a rake of pints.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭brickster69

Lads stop talking about the good old days I've an awful horn on me now for a rake of pints.

https://twitter.com/beautifulpints/status/1363907762921603074

“The earth is littered with the ruins of empires that believed they were eternal.”

- Camille Paglia

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭Cork2021

Stheno wrote: »
    Back in the day you'd get a full meal, like a chicken curry or whatnot

Jesus the state of the bowl the next morning if I had to eat a curry in a nightclub! Wet wipes and freezing cold toilet paper at the ready!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement