Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opening of "No-Food" pubs pushed out again

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

F'n sheep wearing them think the government are doing the right thing. Pubs and clubs will not be open in our lifetime if we accept this horseshoite as normal.

What do you think the government's motivation is for not opening pubs?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,719 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

F'n sheep wearing them think the government are doing the right thing. Pubs and clubs will not be open in our lifetime if we accept this horseshoite as normal.
    Sheep lol, what a load of hyperbolic nonsense, in our lifetime? Laughable.
    Masks have proven effective in other countries.
    If brought in here earlier the wet pubs might be open by now!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Sept now according to MM before pubs are up for review.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

DeanAustin wrote: »
    What do you think the government's motivation is for not opening pubs?

Blind fear.

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Sept now according to MM before pubs are up for review.

Eventually able to blurt it out after looking around for help....blubbering idiot

• Advertisement

Blind fear.

Blind fear of?

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Queasy Tadpole

statesaver wrote: »
    Thousands made unemployed. You're nice :cool:.
    Thousands in every sector. The unemployed will get new jobs, the publicans won't get new pubs. Happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Mod: A few reported posts here, guys. Back on track and less of the snark please.

TheTorment wrote: »
    Eventually able to blurt it out after looking around for help....blubbering idiot

Yep. Floundering and looking at Leo for help. They're brutal.

The use of the word sheep is even more embarrassing. Why not just wear one, surely everyone doing so would be a huge help? Or is it just a case of no gubberment is going to tell you what to do?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,550 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Pathetic government leadership

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭newuser99999

Thousands in every sector. The unemployed will get new jobs, the publicans won't get new pubs. Happy days.

Happy days people being made unemployed through no fault of their own. God you’re vile.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

So you can go to another country on the "green list"*, go to pubs there mixing with people from random countries, fly back on a plane full of people, come through an airport mixing with people from countries deemed too dangerous to be on the list - then go straight to a restaurant in the city centre and then on to a house party full of people afterwards.

And that's more dangerous than going to a pub that's implemented the required social distancing measures?

Yep, that makes perfect sense.

(*to be honest the green list bit is irrelevant, you could just be back from Tehran, since there's no attempt whatsoever to enforce a quarantine).

Any notion at this stage that there's a coherent plan is laughable. This basically boils down to "numbers are going up, we don't know what to do and are unwilling to do the obvious stuff like quarantine, here's an easy target and we can score some brownie points from the new puritans".

• Registered Users Posts: 26,977 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

My local village has 2 pubs, both serving an excellent good fellas pizza from local tesco, packed last Sunday and its extraordinary how long a single pizza lasts, at least 6 hrs I'm told. Absolute piss take

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

I for one welcome this decision. People are not adhering to guidelines as it is and I think we can admit that opening the pubs would make things even worse.

Alcohol is just not conducive to social distancing.

I know this will be tough financially for publicans but I think the fact that we’re in the middle of a global pandemic has to take precedence over economics for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭virginmediapls

gmisk wrote: »
    The fact you use the word muzzles is hugely embarrassing.

+1

How incredibly childish and simplistic of him/her. Absolutely vile. Thanks for calling them out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

DeanAustin wrote: »
    Blind fear of?

They are scared shytless that something bad will happen and they’ll be destroyed at the next election. FFG are the one party now pretty much, they kept SF out by the skin of their teeth this time. They are clinging onto power for dear life now.

You can’t run a country and an economy from under the bed thinking the sky is falling. They need to grow a spine, get everything open and have a plan in place for if cases start rising.

I for one welcome this decision. People are not adhering to guidelines as it is and I think we can admit that opening the pubs would make things even worse.

Alcohol is just not conducive to social distancing.

I know this will be tough financially for publicans but I think the fact that we’re in the middle of a global pandemic has to take precedence over economics for now.

There were no pubs open this weekend in Kilkee and yet that didn't stop the parties or alcohol flowing.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,993 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

It doesnt effect the people in NPHET making the decisions as they have plenty of choice and plenty of spare dosh to have their substantial meal to go along with their €18 G&T.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

The schools better open after all this. I'm in no hurry back to a pub. But honestly don't think the numbers of new cases will ever be this low again. If they cant open them now how will they ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

What country have they eliminated covid? None they don't stop it, the problem is our borders. How long are you prepared to wear a muzzle?
    Your not going to have the world vaccinated by Xmas and everything is back to normal for next summer not even summer 2030.

Wear a muzzle?Just how drunk are you?

I love a pint as much as the next man and I miss my local pub back west. But there is sweet **** all hope of any meaningful social distancing in a pub in full swing. The opening of pubs with food was a stupid bodge and only made the situation worse.

It is harsh on rural pubs in Counties with nearly 0 cases but it is what it is unless they want to introduce county by county openings.

MM embarrassing here.....keeps looking to Leo for assurance. Pathetic

The Apprentice.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Mod: Cut out the use of the word muzzle. It's idiotic. Yellow from here on for ignoring mod instruction.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,446 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Sconsey wrote: »
    SHOCK-HORROR politicians leave decision to experts in the field as opposed to parish-pump politics.

“Experts”

You do know there’s a HUGE chunk of experts who don’t agree with any of this. Luckily for you social media giants and google have you covered and won’t let you see that information. Must follow the narrative. Must not question.

They are scared shytless that something bad will happen and they’ll be destroyed at the next election. FFG are the one party now pretty much, they kept SF out by the skin of their teeth this time. They are clinging onto power for dear life now.

You can’t run a country and an economy from under the bed thinking the sky is falling. They need to grow a spine, get everything open and have a plan in place for if cases start rising.

Something bad like a further spike in cases? Is what they're doing now not going to cost them votes because there's a pretty sizable public backlash on the pub issue?

Aren't they taking their advice from medical experts and basing their decision on that?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,977 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Leo can't help himself, did I just hear him say customers have to be off premises by 11pm?

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

joeguevara wrote: »
    Pubs in Northern Ireland are operating under the same restrictions as we are in the Republic. What does that do to your argument?

No they're not. Pubs in the Six Occupied Counties serve drink outside without food. This is ridiculous too, but is not the same as in the 26-Counties as falsely claimed by you.

He even has the sign language girl confused!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,553 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

What does someones muzzle fetish have to do with anything.

Masks will thankfully be mandatory. If people have a muzzle fetish let them off.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement