Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To the Anti-Immigration Protect the Irish crowd- Why so Silent on American Tourists?

Options
2»

Comments

spurious wrote: »
    Ah now really. Do you think the anti immigration gang mean white English speaking Daphne and John from Melbourne, St. Louis or Pretoria when they rant about losing our culture to Johnny foreigner?

I have no idea. I'm aware that there is a non-white population in Ireland, and I'm not presuming as to what their opinions are on boards. [Which is why I asked earlier for some names so that I could have a look at the thread histories.] (and since boards caters to more than just Irish posters, the numbers of non-whites posting could be greater.... i simply don't know)

I've known people with Black or M.Eastern ethnicity from the UK who had anti-immigrant opinions about those EU citizens (Eastern Europeans, and those from the Balkans) coming into the UK prior to Brexit. Just as I've encountered guys with Pakistani heritage from the UK who didn't like African migrants. Being anti-immigration isn't solely about White people... there's people from many races who would be against immigration from various sources.

As for the OP, I'm against badly planned/implemented immigration.. would I be included in the original description? (I'm not anti-immigration. I'm against the naive belief that "it'll just be grand" because we wish it to be so)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I wonder why these aggressive and toxic threads are always started by brand new accounts?

• Registered Users Posts: 83,483 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

biko wrote: »
    I wonder why these aggressive and toxic threads are always started by brand new accounts?

Do you though :)

Advertisement