Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Maximum distance from water supply

• 15-07-2020 8:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭

Hi all. I’m looking into buying a new fridge and was thinking of going with a plumbed one. The issue is where I have my fridge isn’t next to the sink. I have tiled kitchen floors and don’t want to have to dig up pipes if at all possible. A friend who isn’t a plumber but a bit of a handy man reckons it can be plumbed into the sink. The fridge would be about 14ft away from the sink. Is this too far? He assures me it’s just a slim plastic tubing and it can be ran behind existing appliances. I am waiting on a plumber to come and look for me. My mate usually is right with this kind of stuff but I want to be sure. Figured I would ask here while I’m waiting as so far boards advice has always been spot on.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

Id prob bring a half inch pipe from the sink to the fridge if the pipe can be hidden behind appliances and units then an isolator valve at the fridge to connect the thin fridge pipe to.

Advertisement