Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keyboard & Mouse Recommendation

Options
  • 15-07-2020 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Hi,

I need to buy a keyboard and mouse for my home office.

I see that split keyboards and vertical mouse are good for you ergonomically.

I have no issues with my wrists or anything currently but considering ill probably be working on a computer all my life I was wonder if should get one?

I also game occasionally so it might not be ideal. Any suggestions either split or regular would be much appreciated?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I hear they are good for people with problems in that area but have never used them myself. I suggest you look at youtube reviews of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

I doubt there's much benefit to split keyboards. Good Posture is probably better- make sure your keyboard is at a suitable angle and same for your wrists.

As you game, maybe programmable keys would be good. Not a gamer myself.

A good mouse would arguably be a better investment than a split keyboard.

Personally i use a Logitech MK850 keyboard and mouse set. I find them comfortable, they have Bluetooth and logitech unifier, and you can switch between 3 devices. Main downside is it doesn't have dedicated print screen, insert and scroll lock keys.

Advertisement