Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Control Kickr of ERG mode

Options
  • 15-07-2020 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭

I recently invested in a wahoo kickr core and very impressed.

Found ERG mode to be a game changer.

Currently paying 15eur a month for Zwift just for the ERG control functionality.

Usually subscribe to Zwift or Trainer road for the winter when I not following a plan. But for the past few months I have been paying for zwift just to download a structured workout from Training Peaks and control the kickr in ERG mode.

Ive heard the Wahoo Element can provide this functionality. But I have a perfectly fine garmin 520 and reluctant to invest in an Element just for this.

Does anyone know of other software that I could download to my phone to take a workout from Training Peaks and control ERG mode?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭lissard

I've never tried it, but it looks like you can create a power based workout program in Garmin Connect. Loading it onto your edge 520 should then allow you to control the Kickr in ERG mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭lissard

Did a little bit more digging and it's definitely possible. Youtube is a great source of information on this stuff, I found this one very helpful.

https://youtu.be/soXbz_BnOR8

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Tibulus

Thanks, have checked that out.

Looks like there is a Training Peaks premium account needed to sync the workout from TO to my 520.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Euppy

Try golden cheetah (free software). I don't have a smart traier so dont use it for this, but believe the functionality is there.

Worth a google anyway

Advertisement