Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canvas style rucksacks

Options
  • 16-07-2020 8:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭

Hey folks!

Son has been looking for a canvas rucksack style back pack for the upcoming school year, and damned if I can't find one in the city for him to get a proper look at. Tried TK Maxx, McCarthy's and a few camping shops around the city.

Any ideas where has them?

Comments

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Hey folks!

Son has been looking for a canvas rucksack style back pack for the upcoming school year, and damned if I can't find one in the city for him to get a proper look at. Tried TK Maxx, McCarthy's and a few camping shops around the city.

Try the army surplus store near midleton, maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

did you check Murrays on Patrick St? they have them in from time to time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

deRanged wrote: »
    did you check Murrays on Patrick St? they have them in from time to time.

I did indeed, sadly they didn't seem to have any.
    Try the army surplus store near midleton, maybe?

Didn't even think of them, I'll try and get out there today.

Thanks to both of you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

Son has been looking for a canvas rucksack style back pack for the upcoming school year,

Has he ever used one before?

I had one for a about a month as a kid and I can remember everything would fall out of it, as they've no structural shape to them.

Plus, if anything spills or it touches off anything that can stain, you'll struggle to keep it clean.

Has he ever used one before?

I had one for a about a month as a kid and I can remember everything would fall out of it, as they've no structural shape to them.

Plus, if anything spills or it touches off anything that can stain, you'll struggle to keep it clean.

He was using my old one for a good while and absolutely loved it, but due to time (it's well over 15 years old) it's started to fall apart.

I double checked in Murray's today and the Army Surplus in Midleton and no luck. The hunt goes on it seems!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

Hey folks!

Army surplus,,,,one in Midleton

Army surplus,,,,one in Midleton

Nah tried it this morning, they don't have them anymore apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭MissShihTzu

Something like this, OP?

It's in the US, but if it cannot be sent here, then you can always AddressPal it.

Something like this, OP?

It's in the US, but if it cannot be sent here, then you can always AddressPal it.

That would be ideal for him. Ideally we'd like to get it from a store though to make sure it's a proper fit. No hassle ordering it online, but it'd be the last resort if you get me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭Be right back

Saw them on fat face website. Might have them in the Cork shop.

• Advertisement
Advertisement