Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Missing Channels

• 16-07-2020 9:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭

Looking for some help on my FTA box
    Examples would be ITV 2/3/4 I have tried a re-scan and have had no success the rest of the channels are crystal clear would anyone have any suggestions what I need to do ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭Vic_08

Examples would be ITV 2/3/4 I have tried a re-scan and have had no success the rest of the channels are crystal clear would anyone have any suggestions what I need to do ?

Being a bit less vague would probably be helpful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭tallaghtfornia

Sorry Vic

The issue I have is I seem to be missing a lot of channels from my Ferguson FTA receiver they seem to be only from certain transponders.

Missing channels are ITV2, 3 , 4 and many other channels. I have preformed a
    re scan but have had no success was thinking it could be a dish alignment issue any help that you could give would be great ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Have a look on this page for step by step guide for the ariva
    https://www.satellite.ie/acatalog/Frequently-Asked-Questions.html

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,428 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

ITV 2, 4 and 4+1 are on the same transponder. 3 and 3+1 is a different one, and 2+1 a third one. All very strong on my big dish.

The difference between a perfect picture and no picture could be just a few percent signal strength. If you have a menu that shows signal strength have a look at various transponders.

https://www.lyngsat.com/Astra-2E-2F-2G.html

thanks dxhound ill have a look today - I noticed some shrubs last night that might be blocking the dish going to if thats the issue today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 seanmaol

I had a similar problem but with all main channels,BBC 1,2,3 UTV,C4, E4 etc and Chanel's like food network challenge and all +1 Chanel's were working fine, changed the LNB and everything perfect now.
    Press the edit button at the bottom right side of your Ferguson remote, (that's where it is on mine) that will tell you the signal strength and quality of the channel, if it's low you could try moving your dish slightly untill you get a stronger signal.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 seanmaol

Did you get your channels sorted? What was the problem?.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 TezPatrick

seanmaol wrote: »
    I had a similar problem but with all main channels,BBC 1,2,3 UTV,C4, E4 etc and Chanel's like food network challenge and all +1 Chanel's were working fine, changed the LNB and everything perfect now.

Exactly the same issue I'm having with my new box. I have Sky News, DMAX Food Network, all of that freebie 24 hour repeat stuff that comes with sky ordinarily, but none of the main channels like BBC ITV etc.

I noticed that when I check these transponders within Astra 2 (the ones that received these channels) the quality bar is empty, whereas with the ones that bring in the sky stuff have 70%.

I did previously have sky and received the main UK channels so I assume either Sky block them somehow when you end your subscription to stop you using their Q box as a FTA box or something? Or maybe the storms just shifted the dish?

Would you mind giving some info on how you fixed it? Was there a specific LMB you bought, or is there some way I can check if mine is the right one? It has 2 cables coming out of it and running into the house. That's all I know.

The box is a 4IFE SV402 (I hear it is really low end but I needed something cheap) and it only has one port for the screw-in sat cable, only one of the cables works anyway.

I'm at a loss and frantically searching for answers, because the Mrs wants to watch Pointless and the kids want cbeebies again!

Any info you could give to steer me in the right direction would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Exactly the same issue I'm having with my new box. I have Sky News, DMAX Food Network, all of that freebie 24 hour repeat stuff that comes with sky ordinarily, but none of the main channels like BBC ITV etc.

I noticed that when I check these transponders within Astra 2 (the ones that received these channels) the quality bar is empty, whereas with the ones that bring in the sky stuff have 70%.

I did previously have sky and received the main UK channels so I assume either Sky block them somehow when you end your subscription to stop you using their Q box as a FTA box or something? Or maybe the storms just shifted the dish?

Would you mind giving some info on how you fixed it? Was there a specific LMB you bought, or is there some way I can check if mine is the right one? It has 2 cables coming out of it and running into the house. That's all I know.

The box is a 4IFE SV402 (I hear it is really low end but I needed something cheap) and it only has one port for the screw-in sat cable, only one of the cables works anyway.

I'm at a loss and frantically searching for answers, because the Mrs wants to watch Pointless and the kids want cbeebies again!

Any info you could give to steer me in the right direction would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Almost definitely the LNB needs to be replaced with a quad LNB like this....
    https://www.freetv.ie/quad-lnb/

If you had Sky Q and the LNB has just 2 ports then it will only give a few channels on a non Sky Q box. The only unusual thing is that only one cable is providing signal, you should get another few different channels when the other cable is connected.

A quad LNB should fix the problem.

Awesome, thank you very much for the info. I'll get one and get things set up. I owe you one! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭martin6651

My Travel channel has disappeared anyone else ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

martin6651 wrote: »
    I think it's folded

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭martin6651

Pity it had a few good programs from time to time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

martin6651 wrote: »

Yeah, Travel Channel (UK version) was removed from Sky on 30th June, but continued to be FTA on satellite until 28th August, when it was removed and closed down. The feed had been used for Virgin Media in the UK

Guys just on the above changed the LNB and tightened up the cables and I have the service working perfect now

Thanks for the help folks!

My new Quad LMB arrived today and I got up the ladder and took off the old one, which had been seriously bodged, the nut had been drilled and the LMB secured with some VERY sticky tape tape and cable ties! It was also the wrong shape, an oval LMB for a circular dish (I've been reading up like a good student!). Anyway, I persevered and managed to get the Sky one out clean, with the collar relatively intact (Couldn't use the new collar with the spirit level as it was a completely different fitting, so I needed to save it.). Then after a moment of fear after reading the leaflet within that said only a trained installer with metering equipment would be able to install it properly, I installed it and set it to the same angle as the Sky one 20 degrees and hooked it up. Great signal, and I now have all the channels, so thank you for the help. You're awesome.

Next challenge, sort out the EPG, I have like 15 food networks and 50 different BBCs, I also noticed that some channels weirdly have audio description on for some shows that I cannot turn off... So that's a thing I need to investigate. But a job for another day.

Thanks!

Here's to the internet era that makes DIY simples!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

TezPatrick wrote: »
    ...., I also noticed that some channels weirdly have audio description on for some shows that I cannot turn off... So that's a thing I need to investigate. But a job for another day.

Go into setup and audio. Set preferred language to English.

Go into setup and audio. Set preferred language to English.

Thanks for the help!

I just checked it and it is already set to English, so I've set it to undefined instead, and will wait to see if the lady's voice pops up again in a quiet moment. It is a very basic box 4ife 402. Probably not the best choice, but it seems to be doing the trick (AD not withstanding). So we'll have to see if that works.

Thanks for the help!

I've set it to undefined

That did the trick!

Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction of the audio setting Gerry, much obliged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭Ger Roe

Thanks for the help!

I just checked it and it is already set to English, so I've set it to undefined instead, and will wait to see if the lady's voice pops up again in a quiet moment. It is a very basic box 4ife 402. Probably not the best choice, but it seems to be doing the trick (AD not withstanding). So we'll have to see if that works.

I have seen that before on my box. The station swaps the audio channels and narration crops up on the original 'English' setting and the normal soundtrack is then on one of the others.

• Advertisement
Advertisement