Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Send SMS automatically from cloud

Options
  • 16-07-2020 10:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭

Hi

Is there any way to send a scheduled sms without phone.

I have it running on Android phone using tasker but if battery dies etc no message is sent.

IFTT have an sms service but that's limited to 10 messages a month it seems.

I send two scheduled sms messages a day.

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭Spocker

Yes, there are services available for that, but all would require some level of setup

Pushbullet: https://docs.pushbullet.com/#create-text, and perhaps automate with Home Assistant

Amazon Lambda and SNS

Whats your use case? Are there many recipients that need to get the message, and I'm assuming its some kind of status update?

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭john_doe.

Spocker wrote: »
    Yes, there are services available for that, but all would require some level of setup

Pushbullet: https://docs.pushbullet.com/#create-text, and perhaps automate with Home Assistant

Amazon Lambda and SNS

Whats your use case? Are there many recipients that need to get the message, and I'm assuming its some kind of status update?

Just one recipient .

• Moderators Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭Spocker

Does the message have to be by SMS? How about an email or other notification method?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

If it's just a message, you could spin up a container that can send a push notification through something like Pushover.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭john_doe.

Spocker wrote: »
    Does the message have to be by SMS? How about an email or other notification method?

Yes has to be SMS. I'm actually sending it to a device that only accepts SMS

• Advertisement
Advertisement