Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas Community College places available (2nd year)?

• 16-07-2020 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hello there, we are considering moving to Naas ahead of the new school year having just returned from living overseas. We have a 14 year old son who is set to go into 2nd year in September.

Naas Community College looks interesting to us (very interested in the Instructional Leadership approach) but we're reading about the shortage of school places in the area. The principal is away at the moment so we can't get any information from the school until next month, so can anyone tell us if the school generally and in theory tends to have places available? Or is it already full to the brim?

Thanks so much.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Anatom

I'm sorry, but all places in Naas schools will have been offered at this stage, with waiting lists in operation since earlier this year. I would say that, unfortunately, you're far too late for your son to get into a school before the start of this coming academic year.

All that I can suggest is that you contact the school principal directly, once he / she returns from holidays, and see if there is anything they can do. Given that you're returning from abroad, you may get lucky. I wouldn't be overly confident though.

Advertisement