Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Workwear suggestions

• 16-07-2020 11:39am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 253 ✭✭

I need to buy some new work wear, I moved away from the snickers brand as the sizing and quality went down hill in the brand in my opinion. Moved to dewalt for trousers and found them ok for the money.
    Fancy a change fresh look. Anyone have scruffs workwear or brands ye wear and Irish online suppliers? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

Xtrail14 wrote: »
    I need to buy some new work wear, I moved away from the snickers brand as the sizing and quality went down hill in the brand in my opinion. Moved to dewalt for trousers and found them ok for the money.
    Fancy a change fresh look. Anyone have scruffs workwear or brands ye wear and Irish online suppliers? Thanks

Blaklader

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,142 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Can't fault snickers trousers. Quality hasn't diminished at all. They take some amount of abuse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭Crazyivan 1979

I had a pair of Apache work trouseurs (50 Euro) for about 10 years till the zip broke, the thick material kind, decided to go for a different kind for the new ones and went for mascot stretchy material kind (100 Euro), find them unbelieveably comfortable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭massy086

Iv had a good few different brands including snickers, the worst where snickers the always rip in the crotch. Iv been using Dunlop brand work wear and its brilliant and hard wearing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,164 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

listermint wrote:
    Can't fault snickers trousers. Quality hasn't diminished at all. They take some amount of abuse.

I agree. Regular Snickers are very tough workwear. I wonder if OP is talking about Snickers lightweight trousers. I used to buy these. They were very light & great for the summer but would rip easy if snagged. They didn't last as long but much cooler in the hot weather

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Gave up on Snickers. Zips and/or crotches failed in every one I bought. Last pair were ruffwork series. Didn't last 12 months. Sizing wasn't right either.
    Have 2 pairs of Mascot work pants at the moment about 6 months in. No complaints so far.
    Thinking about getting Carhartt pants. I have 2 jackets of theirs. Excellent quality. Expensive stuff but very hard wearing.

Advertisement