Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Well-rounded 1440p/144hz monitor?

Options
  • 16-07-2020 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Looking to move up to 1440p/144hz to fully utilise my new Ryzen 3600/5700xt build. I know I won't be hitting 144fps in AAA games, but I still find the difference between 60hz and 144hz very significant. I don't know much about the tradeoffs between different types of monitors really, and a natural corollary of that is that I'm not particularly inclined one way or the other (whether it be deep blacks or vibrant colours or whatever - I really don't have a clue haha). That being said, are there any well-rounded monitors of this type? And what kind of price would I expect to pay for a decent-quality one? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭T L

I have the lg 27gl850. Did a good bit of research through reviews and reddit before buying it six months ago, lots of very positive stuff. From what I gather looking around recently when I was considering a second monitor, it's still a very good choice. I'm not sure on price point at the moment though.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭MugsGame

Dell S3220DGF is also worth considering, if you wanted 31.5" @ 1440p. Same PPI as 24" @ 1080p. Seems to be cheapest direct from Dell.ie.

I went the other way and got the monitor first to improve remote working, and only recently upgraded gaming PC to 3900 & 5700 XT to take full advantage.

Advertisement