Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liveline: de Welsh Megamint edition (see warning, 1st post)

• 16-07-2020 2:41pm

New Liveline thread. Get posting and be decent, be nice to one another, as most of you are, most of the time. Have fun!

Edit: 29.07.2020

Mod Note/ Boards Rules.

There is currently a defamation case before the courts involving RTE and Joe Duffy.

It is a longstanding rule of this site there can be no discussion of the merits, or non merits, of a case that is before the courts.

It is also not permitted to repeat the statements that are claimed to be defamatory, nor to link to them from this forum.

Having checked the site's policy, it is apparent that we can refer to the fact that a case is pending, and can provide updates on the listings for that case.

We can neither speculate or offer views on the outcome.

I think this should be fairly easy to adhere to, but it's not like we have a choice. They are boards rules because they're also the law of the land, when it comes to publication.

Any questions just send a PM to a mod or Admin.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,373 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Great title!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,069 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

A whold newd tread.
    Well done, well done.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

What a segue into a most distressing story

God bless them

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    A whold newd tread.
    Well done, well done.
    A beurifullll new thread so to speak

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

What a segue into a most distressing story

God bless them

Jesus cant be listening to this. Warning should have been given

• Advertisement

gmisk wrote: »
    Great title!

Thanks to Sligojoe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,170 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Welsh Megaman taking legal action, image rights

This is heart breaking.
    They both seem so fragile you can hear it in their voices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭bigroad

Dis till 15.00.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,359 ✭✭✭shearforce

bring back the hanging

• Advertisement

The sentencing for crimes like this are disgustingly lenient.

You just have to look at the case today.
    A 15 year old abusing a 4 year old neighbour from 1987 to 1991 at least 100 instances.
    Found guilty... suspended sentence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Great title!

Thanks. Butters isn't teacher's pet any more.

* Slips bag of apples to Cat.*

The sentencing for crimes like this are disgustingly lenient.

You just have to look at the case today.
    A 15 year old abusing a 4 year old neighbour from 1987 to 1991 at least 100 instances.
    Found guilty... suspended sentence.
    Was that Nolan at it again.

shearforce wrote: »
    bring back the hanging
    I think chemical castration but crimes like this what is ever going to be punishment enough?

Bad bad baxtard.

Should never see the light of day.

I think chemical castration but crimes like this what is ever going to be punishment enough?

none really - but at the very least he should never ever get to walk free again. that should be the least requirement

bigroad wrote: »
    Was that Nolan at it again.
    Patrick Quinn this time,but Nolan is notoriously lenient.

It took 4 years before the guy pled guilty, those poor woman, what can you possibly say to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Horrible story, one of the worst things is the mother sticking by the husband ? what kind of mental illness she has ??

They have to let them out ,no space in prisons.No investment in new ones.
    The government don't give a Sh1t .

John Joe Patterson got a pittance of a sentence.. 8 years....the last 18 months suspended this was in 2015....
    Has he been released already?!? No...but...still...ffs

• Advertisement

The violence is in the head rather than the balls, but still the hormones do add a bit of fuel.

John Joe Patterson got a pittance of a sentence.. 8 years....the last 18 months suspended this was in 2015....
    Has he been released already?!? No...but...still...ffs
    Six and a half years ,minus twenty five percent for good behaviour.

bigroad wrote: »
    Six and a half years ,minus twenty five percent for good behaviour.
    That really is disgraceful.

The mother standing by him as well....

Horrible story, one of the worst things is the mother sticking by the husband ? what kind of mental illness she has ??

Stockholm syndrome. She's under his thumb, probably has a personality disorder from similar abuse herself through her life. I know of a woman who stood by her husband in line situation, but she wasn't a meek type, I almost think in her case is that she didn't have any skills to earn her own living if she left him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭tupenny

That really is disgraceful.

The mother standing by him as well....

Should have been locked up too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,537 ✭✭✭touts

The Irish Council for Criminal Liberties would be up in arms on every radio show that still entertains them.

Then slink off the air when the person they fought for re-offends.

Then reappear when sentencing comes up to argue for how leniency is critical to civil society.

Until victims have more vocal and better funded lobby groups than the criminals have this won't change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

How old is he ?
    I know it doesn't justify him being released but much less of a threat if he's old ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,598 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Great new thread, I may have to tune into this ‘Lovelane’ radio show now :pac:

91F93A09EE71D186530978C2C2C5E9AD625058C8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

Hopefully the Welsh Megamint title will inspire most of the regular posters to up their game to Welsh Megaman levels of wit.

• Advertisement

Brian Scan wrote: »
    Hopefully the Welsh Megamint title will inspire most of the regular posters to up their game to Welsh Megaman levels of wit.
    You had one good pun with "Brian Scan" buddy, and even Joe could have come up with that one

Good morning chaps and Catmaniac. May the sun rise to meet you like the toxic glow of a Poolbeg incinerator

https://twitter.com/Rheum2improve/status/1281530188933795841?s=20

You had one good pun with "Brian Scan" buddy, and even Joe could have come up with that one

Good morning chaps and Catmaniac. May the sun rise to meet you like the toxic glow of a Poolbeg incinerator

https://twitter.com/Rheum2improve/status/1281530188933795841?s=20

That is actually a picture of merit - I have to admit that.

That is actually a picture of merit - I have to admit that.

I thought Joe had gone all abstract on us, until I turned my phone sideways. One of his better works, for sure.

I thought Joe had gone all abstract on us, until I turned my phone sideways. One of his better works, for sure.

My mother, quite the artist, had always said Joe has potential as such, and a definitive capacity to improve. Here's a mini watercolour she painted of me faaaaader:

My mother, quite the artist, had always said Joe has potential as such, and a definitive capacity to improve. Here's a mini watercolour she painted of me faaaaader:

Whorra byourriful, byourriful faader. Well done well done.

Whorra byourriful, byourriful faader. Well done well done.

I'm drinking coffee in Starbucks, you made me spit it out!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

91F93A09EE71D186530978C2C2C5E9AD625058C8

Just to let you know that the people who ring in, in no way represent the majority of the Irish population.

Gods Gift wrote: »
    Just to let you know that the people who ring in, in no way represent the majority of the Irish population.

He knows that

He knows that

Actually, Megaman, you should phone in about something, anything; Joe would be all prickly just because you probably sound quite like his latest enemy, Greg Prosser. Although he's of South Wales origin, Joe probably couldn't tell de difference in accent. It would be like having a Michael O'Leary soundalike.

Maybe complain that there are too many people passing through Holyhead and potentially spreading de virus, and that you want de ferries stopped during de pandemic. Dat would raise a few heckles. Break into Welsh now and again and Joe will reply "As Gaeige".

1850 715815

Gods Gift wrote: »

Are you insinuating that Joe handpicks the callers to suit his own personal agenda?

:pac:

Actually, Megaman, you should phone in about something, anything; Joe would be all prickly just because you probably sound quite like his latest enemy, Greg Prosser. Although he's of South Wales origin, Joe probably couldn't tell de difference in accent. It would be like having a Michael O'Leary soundalike.

Maybe complain that there are too many people passing through Holyhead and potentially spreading de virus, and that you want de ferries stopped during de pandemic. Dat would raise a few heckles. Break into Welsh now and again and Joe will reply "As Gaeige".

1850 715815

“Afternoon Joe, and may I be the first person to say...Byffoon di-gliw ydych chi.”

:)

• Advertisement

“Afternoon Joe, and may I be the first person to say...Byffoon di-gliw ydych chi.”

No need for that kinda language caller.

Gwyn hynny! Gwyn hynny! Gwyn hynny!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Ya can’t say dat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,451 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

I hope ye have loike Oisin with his two loike girlfriends and Doddy paying for his grinds on today with his thoughts on the LC results being pushed out along with Luke, Luke, Luke, Luke the swot from Cork.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,168 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

the poor children's mental health is apparently under great strain due to the delay of the leaving cert results. Thank god there is nothing more important going on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,170 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Actually, Megaman, you should phone in about something, anything; Joe would be all prickly just because...

Its not a joe show today

Ah I remember Mary Byrne on x factor with her beuuuaraaaful daughter

which mary byrne?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,139 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

shearforce wrote: »
    which mary byrne?

The Mary Byrne

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,069 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

What's the point of this call?
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin