Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK Car Purchase

Options
  • 16-07-2020 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭

Hi,

What is the maximum single purchase amount I can make with my Irish debit card in the UK?

I see on your website the figure €20k/£20k, is this just for online transfers?
    Can you confirm as an Irish customer I can transfer 20k sterling in one day, this is obviously more then 20k euro?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Eve

Hi iColdFusion, thanks for reaching out to us here on Boards.ie. 

The maximum daily limit on your visa debit card should be €25,000 for chip and pin, online and over the phone payments. 

You can certainly check the limit on your card by contacting our customer service desk directly.

If you log on to www.365Online.com and select the options ‘Service Desk’ > ‘Ask a Question’ or by calling 0818 365 365 and an advisor would be happy to check this for you.

If you’re making a transfer online then the maximum daily limit would be €20,000 if the payee is set up with the activation code being received by post. The maximum daily limit for an online transfer where the payee is set up with the activation code being sent by text is €10,000. 

I hope that this information helps. If you’ve any further queries please feel free to reach out to us here again, we’ll certainly do our best to help. 

Thanks, Eve 

Advertisement