Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eamon Ryan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

It's inevitable, just keep watching this sh*t show. If this government was a drink, it would be one of those mixes from your parents drinks cabinet put into a plastic bottle consisting of various horrible sh*t you wouldn't really want in the first place...and it never ends well. What are we, 3 weeks in?

Stock response here and elsewhere has been some digs at opposition and 'sure its no big deal' Cowen included...from what I can see the opposition have very little to do opposing this mess, who nobody voted for, and don't get started on 'but we did vote for it'. I'd love to see a single person admit to voting for a Green, FG, FF coalition and give reasons why.

You've just summed up the current situation of the Irish nation in a nutshell.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

bmc58 wrote: »
    Matty McGrath took a nap too.Where's the hullaballo about him?

Right here:

Matty

Do people asleep cancel each other out? What if three of them were asleep would only one really be asleep?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Bowie wrote: »
    Right here:

Matty

Do people asleep cancel each other out? What if three of them were asleep would only one really be asleep?

11 posts v 274 :P:P:P:P

I wonder what percentage from the cartain group on here??

Shefwedfan wrote: »

What's funny is that in the last 12 hours alone you yourself are responsible for more posts in this thread than the total number of posts by everyone in the Matty thread.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

What's funny is that in the last 12 hours alone you yourself are responsible for more posts in this thread than the total number of posts by everyone in the Matty thread.

So?

• Advertisement

Are you suggesting the head of a party in the current coalition government is of more interest than an independent? Who'da thunk?

Are you suggesting the head of a party in the current coalition government is of more interest than an independent? Who'da thunk?

Im suggesting you all up in a tizzy because it is a member of FF/FG/Greens

If it was a SF politician caught we would have pages of excuses.

You seem to have no issue with Pearse and other SF politicians not even bothering showing up, yet huge concern about someone who dozed off.

Whats your view on SF politicians getting fined for not even showing up?

Im suggesting you all up in a tizzy because it is a member of FF/FG/Greens

If it was a SF politician caught we would have pages of excuses.

You seem to have no issue with Pearse and other SF politicians not even bothering showing up, yet huge concern about someone who dozed off.

Whats your view on SF politicians getting fined for not even showing up?

True. If he wasn't in government I'd be less interested. Makes sense no?

That sounds like your problem.
    You can try make everything about SF and good for you, but Eamo still fell asleep and was awakened to vote as he did and it's not just all shinners have issue with it and your believing it does doesn't mean he wasn't really asleep or voted differently.

You can try make everything about SF and good for you, but Eamo still fell asleep and was awakened to vote as he did and it's not just all shinners have issue with it and your believing it does doesn't mean he wasn't really asleep or voted differently.

Im shocked you deflected

All these high and mighty posts about Eamonn Ryan, yet when it comes to it you have no issue with politicians from SF not even showing up!!!

Do you not expect the same high standard from SF that you seem to demand from FF/FG/Greens?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,493 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Good work if you can get it

Sleep elected representatives ain’t working, just zzzzzzzing... see if Martin might have the stones to make comment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

Why?

Eamon Ryan is now a minister, and the chief whip had to wake him up.

Mattie McGrath is a disgusting pig ignorant idiot who is best ignored a bit like the Healy Raes, nobody beyond their own constituents takes them seriously. Best ignored.

As for SF, but they aren’t in power, and they have not got a minister, and they have not got a minister + in power + who fell asleep + had to be awoken during a vote by the chief whip. So what in gods name are you talking about?

Why don’t we discuss Leo’s coke habit and Mícheál’s gambling issues? Because they didn’t happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,600 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

If you had to sit all day listening to SF going on about "change", even the best of us would fall asleep

I don't know how anybody could sleep if Mary Lou started barking!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭bazza1

Dreamin' of Mary Lou
    Exhaling CO2
    more carbon tax for you!

True. If he wasn't in government I'd be less interested. Makes sense no?

Its not my problem, I have no issue with Ryan or Mattie falling asleep, these things happen.

You on the other hand, this is similar to the Cowen thread, you seem to be ok demanding high standard for all politicians, yet when it comes to SF you don't seem to have any issue with them and have no standard what so ever?

So maybe explain why that is?

You can deflect of course as usual

Im shocked you deflected

All these high and mighty posts about Eamonn Ryan, yet when it comes to it you have no issue with politicians from SF not even showing up!!!

Do you not expect the same high standard from SF that you seem to demand from FF/FG/Greens?

Boss it's the Sleepy Eamo thread not the Sleepy Mary-Lou thread.

If MLMD fell asleep would you shirk that off too? See how that circular ****e works?

Sleeping while being a public representative in a sitting of the Dail is bad. Doing so and then being awakened to vote down discussion on a livable wage and the right to collective bargaining, iMO, bad too. Not forgetting he's a party leader in the current coalition government.

FYI: you deflected as per usual, I ignored.

bazza1 wrote: »
    Dreamin' of Mary Lou
    Exhaling CO2
    more carbon tax for you!

He needs to be turfed out.

Why?

Eamon Ryan is now a minister, and the chief whip had to wake him up.

Mattie McGrath is a disgusting pig ignorant idiot who is best ignored a bit like the Healy Raes, nobody beyond their own constituents takes them seriously. Best ignored.

As for SF, but they aren’t in power, and they have not got a minister, and they have not got a minister + in power + who fell asleep + had to be awoken during a vote by the chief whip. So what in gods name are you talking about?

Why don’t we discuss Leo’s coke habit and Mícheál’s gambling issues? Because they didn’t happen.

Anything to back this up?

Boss it's the Sleepy Eamo thread not the Sleepy Mary-Lou thread.

If MLMD fell asleep would you shirk that off too? See how that circular ****e works?

Sleeping while being a public representative in a sitting of the Dail is bad. Doing so and then being awakened to vote down discussion on a livable wage and the right to collective bargaining, iMO, bad too. Not forgetting he's a party leader in the current coalition government.

So sleeping in the Dail is worse than not attending at all?

its kind of an open secret,same as how 1 of SF representives is believed to be gay,but not out of closet

Why would anyone care if a SF TD is gay?

Unfortuneatly boards will have an issue with throwing out gossip

So you're asking has he proof Leo isn't a coke head :)
    So sleeping in the Dail is worse than not attending at all?

Depends. If they had to attend a funeral or something, sure ;)

• Advertisement

Yeah, I was out with the two of them on Monday. Eamon was out for a bit but fell asleep into his pint at 6:15pm. He arrived into work at 3pm after a mornings Bikram Yoga so he was tired. Martin had to head home about 11pm as the wife has told him to cop on since he became Taoiseach, but I reckon he nipped off to the D1, poor fella can’t help himself, it’s a cruel addiction. Myself and Leo headed off to the Furry Glen region of the Phoenix park as he wanted to go ‘cruising’ and for a few lines. I’ll say no more as it could land me in trouble and utter load of bollocks scenario talking about situations that never happened just like your SF scenario stuff, understand now?

*Not an SF voter, pro non sleeping minister drink driving minister voter though so could be convinced otherwise.

Noone cares,same as noone cares about drug consumption with in the dail??

Its a personal choice like

What are you talking about?

Your saying been gay is the same as taking class A drugs?? bit of a messed up atitude towards LGTBQ member of our community

So you're asking has he proof Leo isn't a coke head :)

yes, you have some?

yes, you have some?

Your spelling and reading comprehension, or just comprehension in general is absolutely atrocious kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

He needs to be turfed out.

Is this because he believes in protecting the environment rather than blasting anything that moves? Who's going to turf him out and even if they did it won't put somebody sympathetic to the hunting/shooting/fishing fraternity in his place.

What are you talking about?

Your saying been gay is the same as taking class A drugs?? bit of a messed up atitude towards LGTBQ member of our community

Take a break champ, sleep it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Ultimanemo

This is the only way he can serve the country, the longer he sleeps the better for the country

• Registered Users Posts: 16,574 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Johnny Depp's lawyers won't have to worry where their next job is coming from when they read this thread:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,896 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    €90 per hour to have a sleep

The "there's no magic money tree" never applies to politicians, does it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,493 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Ryan was paid to be there, to be at work, to be doing his job. He neglected to do that and instead slept. He receives in and around 100,000 a year give or take of public money. The least he can do is earn the money, by remaining awake, while he is at work... it’s a gross insult to the electorate, those who pay his wages, put their faith IN him and responsibility ON him just to see him zzzzzzzzzzz his way through work... unsat. Let it be remembered at the next vote.

Advertisement