Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eamon Ryan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

Has anyone here criticising the lad for what I understand is a once-off, never suffered from extreme fatigue, due to a personal situation or illness?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Andrea B. wrote: »
    Has anyone here criticising the lad for what I understand is a once-off, never suffered from extreme fatigue, due to a personal situation or illness?

Nope, all the critics are perfect little robots and have never done anything similar in their blemish free lives. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Nope, all the critics are perfect little robots and have never done anything similar in their blemish free lives. :rolleyes:

It'd be tough to find a leader of a political party, in a new job, in a newly formed coalition, voting on the topic of a livable wage and the right to collective bargaining, only in office a wet week, falling asleep. TBF.

It was most likely not a conscious action to nod off, as opposed to the actions of the many owners of empty seats around him submitting for full daily allowances for their "attendance".

It was most likely not a conscious action to nod off, as opposed to the actions of the many owners of empty seats around him submitting for full daily allowances for their "attendance".

For me it's being asleep during the discussion then being woke so he could vote. He was obviously told how to vote ir had decided going in, was happy to do so and anyone making a point that might have swayed him was to be ignored. In fact he may as well have not been there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

Can you rephrase your question to "Has anyone here criticising the lad for what I understand is a once-off, never suffered from extreme fatigue, due to a personal situation or illness and fallen asleep during working hours, although we don't know that this is the situation as it could be just as likely that Eamo was hungover to bits as the other personal situation or illness.?

If you add on the other bit, the answer is; no I haven't.

Suffering from extreme fatigue is something every single human being will go through in our lives more often than we would think. Falling asleep at work as a result of it, is not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭SPDUB

Suffering from extreme fatigue is something every single human being will go through in our lives more often than we would think. Falling asleep at work as a result of it, is not.

Only because in most jobs you are not sitting in a nice comfy chair .

I've seen people start to drift off in jobs where they are sitting down whereas the usual response in a job where you are standing up is you either you got very incorrect doing it or you got very very slow at doing it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

If we're using Rees Mogg as an acceptable example of anything we are truly fuxxxd

Yes, yes very good, intuitive interpretation of my meaning.

I did of course mean to use the picture to say that JRM was a shining example of the perfect parliamentarian.

How astute of you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Bowie wrote: »
    For me it's being asleep during the discussion then being woke so he could vote. He was obviously told how to vote ir had decided going in, was happy to do so and anyone making a point that might have swayed him was to be ignored. In fact he may as well have not been there.

That’s the SF attitude anyway...don’t bother showing up.....

I think you will find most of the political parties will meet prior to these votes and have an internal discussion, then when they are at meeting they will already have discussed in detail

Of course that doesn’t mean they have to vote with the party, as seen before the member can still vote against....well in most parties that’s how it works....Others we won’t comment

• Registered Users Posts: 16,583 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

No its the second time, he did it a few weeks ago as well.

And he isn't alone Mattie McGrath was caught out as well having a nap.

• Advertisement

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    That’s the SF attitude anyway...don’t bother showing up.....

I think you will find most of the political parties will meet prior to these votes and have an internal discussion, then when they are at meeting they will already have discussed in detail

Of course that doesn’t mean they have to vote with the party, as seen before the member can still vote against....well in most parties that’s how it works....Others we won’t comment

You're obsessed with SF.
    I think you'll find its common courtesy to listen to others before you need be woke for a vote.
    He did what he did. If you feel the need to defend him cool.

And he isn't alone Mattie McGrath was caught out as well having a nap.

If that's the case I take back my post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭ronivek

Any links to support that claim? Not that it would be terribly surprising I suppose since anyone in Government seems to get held to much higher standards than anyone in opposition.

ronivek wrote: »
    Any links to support that claim? Not that it would be terribly surprising I suppose since anyone in Government seems to get held to much higher standards than anyone in opposition.

See now it reads like you have a pro government bias for some reason. Holders of office are held to higher standards. This isn't new.
    Leader of the Greens in a new coalition government is under more scrutiny than say a FG councilor admiring fascists and thanking them for free speech while being critical of Black Lives Matter protesters.

You're obsessed with SF.
    I think you'll find its common courtesy to listen to others before you need be woke for a vote.
    He did what he did. If you feel the need to defend him cool.

It's common coutesy to show up to work and to attend for votes like this.

So if you are so high and mighty about Eamonn Ryan then why do you have zero issue with SF?

This is relevant as you are the most outspoken on this thread, as usual you seem to have one rule for one TD and another set of rules for another.

See now it reads like you have a pro government bias for some reason. Holders of office are held to higher standards. This isn't new.
    Leader of the Greens in a new coalition government is under more scrutiny than say a FG councilor admiring fascists and thanking them for free speech while being critical of Black Lives Matter protesters.

All TDs should be held to the same standards. If they are in government, opposition, part of a party or independent

Are you trying to say only FF/FG/Greens should be held to scrutiny while the rest of the Dail can sleep down the back and not even show up?

Please explain that logic? They all got voted in, they all are supposed to represent the people they got voted in for. So they all should be held to the same standard, you think so?

So if you are so high and mighty about Eamonn Ryan then why do you have zero issue with SF?

This is relevant as you are the most outspoken on this thread, as usual you seem to have one rule for one TD and another set of rules for another.

Why bring up SF so much in threads where they are not the topic? Do you think that cancels out criticism or something?

Lots of issues with SF. Prefer their housing intent to FG's.

I don't think so. I've given my opinion. I don't think he should be arrested or anything.

Quote one comment by me on any thread doing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

To some posters falling asleep in the Dail is a greater crime than

- welcome home parties for Garda killers
    - attending fake funerals for thugs during lockdowns
    - being an anti-vaxxer
    - misogynistic, racist podcasts
    - tweeting sectarian photos
    - singing IRA songs at political rallies
    - refusing to pay rent and putting charities out of business
    - going on holidays during election campaigns (now there is real contempt for voters)
    - lying about your brother’s child abuse
    - gun-running
    - bomb-making
    - drunken Garda assaults
    - living in a Council house while earning 95k

It really is serious when you fall asleep in the Dail

blanch152 wrote: »
    To some posters falling asleep in the Dail is a greater crime than

- welcome home parties for Garda killers
    - attending fake funerals for thugs during lockdowns
    - being an anti-vaxxer
    - misogynistic, racist podcasts
    - tweeting sectarian photos
    - singing IRA songs at political rallies
    - refusing to pay rent and putting charities out of business
    - going on holidays during election campaigns (now there is real contempt for voters)
    - lying about your brother’s child abuse
    - gun-running
    - bomb-making
    - drunken Garda assaults
    - living in a Council house while earning 95k

It really is serious when you fall asleep in the Dail

See you are dodging and deflecting there.
    Can you not speak on sleepy Eamo without running defense by changing the subject?
    Being critical of a politician is not automatically defending another.
    Nice to see you defend the Greens for a change.

Why bring up SF so much in threads where they are not the topic? Do you think that cancels out criticism or something?

Lots of issues with SF. Prefer their housing intent to FG's.

I don't think so. I've given my opinion. I don't think he should be arrested or anything.

Quote one comment by me on any thread doing that.

Your on board 24 x 7 and filling every thread with bile against TDs

If you have such a lofty requirement for some TD should you not have it for all?

I

• Advertisement

Your on board 24 x 7 and filling every thread with bile against TDs

If you have such a lofty requirement for some TD should you not have it for all?

I

No bile were it isn't due.

I do. You say I don't but can't seem to back that up.

See you are dodging and deflecting there.
    Can you not speak on sleepy Eamo without running defense by changing the subject?
    Being critical of a politician is not automatically defending another.
    Nice to see you defend the Greens for a change.

I think the problem here is that you see this as a political battle with everyone having sides.

I see it differently. It is a matter of applying standards equally.

So in a world that allows politicians to flout lockdown restrictions and attend a fake funeral, falling asleep in the Dail is a minor indiscretion by comparison, ditto the other examples in my post.

You have been loud and clear about ms humphreys in other threads. Again, if what she is accused of is given some evidence, then it is worse than falling asleep in the Dail, but still a long way short of the type of misogynist racist podacst that your friend from Tallaght is in the habit of posting, for example.

It comes back to standards, and applying them equally. You will let every single SF and PBP offence go, but attack the slightest hint of misbehaviour from FG. It is ridiculous at this stage, because you have no standards, there is nothing that SF could do that would persuade you to abandon them. I only look like a FG supporter because I contrast the standards applied by posters like you to SF and FG, and find it silly.

Getting back to Ryan, a Minister working 110-hour weeks falling asleep for a few minutes in the Dail is perfectly understandable and far from an issue.

No bile were it isn't due.

I do. You say I don't but can't seem to back that up.

So you want Ryan sacked for sleeping, you want Cowan sacked for lying

Mary Lou McDonsld stood on tv and lied directly to camera about a poor mans murder. Yet you have no issue over that

This lie was to cover up another lie from a SF politician about the poor man. Again you have no issue

You have SF TDs getting fined for not showing up to their job. You have no issue

You have a SF TD caught robbing a charity, then abusing people online when caught, again no issue with that

Mattie fell asleep and did you even post on the thread????

So how exactly are you holding them all to the same requirements?

I think the problem here is that you see this as a political battle with everyone having sides.

I see it differently. It is a matter of applying standards equally.

So in a world that allows politicians to flout lockdown restrictions and attend a fake funeral, falling asleep in the Dail is a minor indiscretion by comparison, ditto the other examples in my post.

You have been loud and clear about ms humphreys in other threads. Again, if what she is accused of is given some evidence, then it is worse than falling asleep in the Dail, but still a long way short of the type of misogynist racist podacst that your friend from Tallaght is in the habit of posting, for example.

It comes back to standards, and applying them equally. You will let every single SF and PBP offence go, but attack the slightest hint of misbehaviour from FG. It is ridiculous at this stage, because you have no standards, there is nothing that SF could do that would persuade you to abandon them. I only look like a FG supporter because I contrast the standards applied by posters like you to SF and FG, and find it silly.

Getting back to Ryan, a Minister working 110-hour weeks falling asleep for a few minutes in the Dail is perfectly understandable and far from an issue.

Quite the opposite. Eamo falls asleep and votes a way I disagree with. That's me giving an opinion and giving reason for the opinion.
    You and one or two others chime in talking about SF and making claims about differing standards with zero back up because I believe it's a team sport for some and they cant address a topic on it's own merits.
    Its Eamo did or didnt do anything too bad.
    It's not Eamo criticised, bring up the Omagh bombing.
    In short your comment above is delusional.

The last part is all you needed post.

Mary Lou McDonsld stood on tv and lied directly to camera about a poor mans murder. Yet you have no issue over that

This lie was to cover up another lie from a SF politician about the poor man. Again you have no issue

You have SF TDs getting fined for not showing up to their job. You have no issue

You have a SF TD caught robbing a charity, then abusing people online when caught, again no issue with that

Double standards are the norm.

Sinn Fein are excused everything by those that don’t even support them

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭brucky

Apparently power is an aphrodisiac, and he might not be getting much sleep.

Quite the opposite. Eamo falls asleep and votes a way I disagree with. That's me giving an opinion and giving reason for the opinion.
    You and one or two others chime in talking about SF and making claims about differing standards with zero back up because I believe it's a team sport for some and they cant address a topic on it's own merits.
    Its Eamo did it didnt do anything too bad.
    It's not Eamo criticised, bring up the Omagh bombing.
    In short your comment above is delusional.

The last part is all you needed post.

Well, let’s be clear, then. I don’t think falling asleep is any big deal, especially from someone putting in 110-hour weeks.

However, there is a long list of worse wrongdoing that you have repeatedly failed to criticise. You are on other threads, defending all sorts of thuggish behaviour.

Don't really care if either were sacked or not

What lie? Is this the lad got murdered?
    Is this when he said he was a criminal? Sounded like he was involved with dodgy folk. Did he have a record?
    What ones are fined for not showing up? Let me know and I'll make a decision. No clue who you are talking about.
    I did post in the Mattie thread. What did I win?
    Show me how I'm not? You made the claim I was as usual at that. I asked for quotes.

Don't really care if either were sacked or not

What lie? Is this the lad got murdered?
    Is this when he said he was a criminal? Sounded like he was involved with dodgy folk. Did he have a record?
    What ones are fined for not showing up? Let me know and I'll make a decision. No clue who you are talking about.
    I did post in the Mattie thread. What did I win?
    Show me how I'm not? You made the claim I was as usual at that. I asked for quotes.

You think falling asleep in the Dail is a bigger crime than attending a fake funeral during lockdown. Am I correct?

• Advertisement

Well, let’s be clear, then. I don’t think falling asleep is any big deal, especially from someone putting in 110-hour weeks.

However, there is a long list of worse wrongdoing that you have repeatedly failed to criticise. You are on other threads, defending all sorts of thuggish behaviour.

See that wasn't hard.

Like what and how would that work? Eamo was asleep but spare a thought for Lord Mountbatten?

Advertisement