Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eamon Ryan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

What fake funeral??

Your making things up,to excuse what is obviously a physical ill man,who isnt able for the workload,falling asleep at his job

The fake funeral where the cremation happened elsewhere.

Bowie wrote: »
    See that wasn't hard.

Like what and how would that work? Eamo was asleep but spare a thought for Lord Mountbatten?

No, not Mountbatten, just this long list of things that you excuse on a daily basis.

blanch152 wrote: »
    To some posters falling asleep in the Dail is a greater crime than

- welcome home parties for Garda killers
    - attending fake funerals for thugs during lockdowns
    - being an anti-vaxxer
    - misogynistic, racist podcasts
    - tweeting sectarian photos
    - singing IRA songs at political rallies
    - refusing to pay rent and putting charities out of business
    - going on holidays during election campaigns (now there is real contempt for voters)
    - lying about your brother’s child abuse
    - gun-running
    - bomb-making
    - drunken Garda assaults
    - living in a Council house while earning 95k

It really is serious when you fall asleep in the Dail

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Don't really care if either were sacked or not

What lie? Is this the lad got murdered?
    Is this when he said he was a criminal? Sounded like he was involved with dodgy folk. Did he have a record?
    What ones are fined for not showing up? Let me know and I'll make a decision. No clue who you are talking about.
    I did post in the Mattie thread. What did I win?
    Show me how I'm not? You made the claim I was as usual at that. I asked for quotes.

Mary Lou went on tv the next night and admitted she was lying the first night.....you miss that bit?

I already posted the link, the lovely Pearse is one of the worst offenders for not attending....easy to find as well for someone as resourceful as yourself

So tell us what’s your opinion on those two to start with? Based on your lofty standard

a (usually religious) ceremony for burying or burning the body of a dead person

The funeral was fake, he wasn’t even buried where the political rally took place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

You think falling asleep in the Dail is a bigger crime than attending a fake funeral during lockdown. Am I correct?

Tough one. Its like 'Daddy or chips'.

I've not compared the two.
    Both were wrong. For different reasons.
    I'd a remote online streaming of a relatives funeral a few weeks back. Would have been nice to go. They should have socially distanced. I was critical of them for that. And I was critical of the Garda at Horkan's too. That's pretty across the board right?
    Eamo disappointed me with his vote and being asleep. Disrespectful to the topic at hand.
    Why cant you just tackle a comment instead of inferring things?

• Advertisement

No, not Mountbatten, just this long list of things that you excuse on a daily basis.

That's a lie.
    You keep making these claims with zero proof.
    Take a comment on its own, the shinner conspiracy is worrying. They aren't even my favs.i also much prefer the Rebel alliance to the 'RA.

Come on Bowie, with your lofty standards and so vocal I would expect it very easy to answer....let’s remind you what I posted

“Mary Lou went on tv the next night and admitted she was lying the first night.....you miss that bit?

I already posted the link, the lovely Pearse is one of the worst offenders for not attending....easy to find as well for someone as resourceful as yourself

So tell us what’s your opinion on those two to start with?”

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Getting back to Ryan, a Minister working 110-hour weeks falling asleep for a few minutes in the Dail is perfectly understandable and far from an issue.
    Well, let’s be clear, then. I don’t think falling asleep is any big deal, especially from someone putting in 110-hour weeks.

Whats your evidence for this 110 hour a week claim?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,574 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Why bring up SF so much in threads where they are not the topic? Do you think that cancels out criticism or something?

I think the rule is, before advancing any criticism of any party other than SF, even in a thread specifically focused on that party, you must enumerate and condemn (in the same post) any bad thing any member of SF has ever done.

Only then might shefwedfan and blanch be prepared to entertain criticism of somebody other than SF. Although I wouldn't bet on it...

So, unless my maths are failing me, Eamon Ryan is working for 65% of the week...

• Advertisement

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Come on Bowie, with your lofty standards and so vocal I would expect it very easy to answer....let’s remind you what I posted

“Mary Lou went on tv the next night and admitted she was lying the first night.....you miss that bit?

Yes. Do you have the link?

Also I'm not your dancing monkey. Note this is a sleepy Eamo thread. I gave an opinion and my reasoning. The whole shinner off-road is bizarre and all you.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

So, unless my maths are failing me, Eamon Ryan is working for 65% of the week...

If he were working a 110 hour week he certainly wouldnt be safe to be driving a car dont mind that big 2.8 diesel he goes around in.

Anyway Im sure blanch will show the evidence for Ryan working 110 hour weeks and where it came from

Muahahaha wrote: »

Blanch is including when Eamo is asleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,574 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

:rolleyes:
    Why should he be expected to address this in a thread titled "Eamon Ryan sleeping in the Dail"? Is yours and Blanch's position that the only thing anybody should be posting in any thread in the Current Affairs forum is criticism of SF?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

We’ve had every single excuse possible given for his nap, yet the man himself issued a statement saying there was no excuse whatsoever for it.

There’s gowls here arguing with Eamon own opinion on the matter. This sums up this entire site.

Muahahaha wrote: »

Personal experience of working with Ministers.

It was exhausting, have to admit I only lasted six months of it. However, I learned enough to know it is universal among them.

One of the reasons why I am certain the fence-sitters have an easy time.

Why should he be expected to address this in a thread titled "Eamon Ryan sleeping in the Dail"? Is yours and Blanch's position that the only thing anybody should be posting in any thread in the Current Affairs forum is criticism of SF?

If someone is being hypocritical, why not point it out?

Yes. Do you have the link?

Also I'm not your dancing monkey. Note this is a sleepy Eamo thread. I gave an opinion and my reasoning. The whole shinner off-road is bizarre and all you.
    To some posters falling asleep in the Dail is a greater crime than

- welcome home parties for Garda killers
    - attending fake funerals for thugs during lockdowns
    - being an anti-vaxxer
    - misogynistic, racist podcasts
    - tweeting sectarian photos
    - singing IRA songs at political rallies
    - refusing to pay rent and putting charities out of business
    - going on holidays during election campaigns (now there is real contempt for voters)
    - lying about your brother’s child abuse
    - gun-running
    - bomb-making
    - drunken Garda assaults
    - living in a Council house while earning 95k

It really is serious when you fall asleep in the Dail

You were only asked whether falling asleep in the Dail,was worse than all of the above.

Your failure to answer is answer enough. But if you want to put Eamon Ryan in the hierarchy of those sins, please do, I would be interested, and might even respond.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,775 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

What work is Ryan doing 110 hours per week, since taking over transport has he done anything?

If someone is being hypocritical, why not point it out?

Like yourself, he couldn't and he didn't. He wanted me to look up SF stuff and give a judgement so he could surmise if I was a hypocrite. Very laboured ****ery.

• Advertisement

You were only asked whether falling asleep in the Dail,was worse than all of the above.

Your failure to answer is answer enough. But if you want to put Eamon Ryan in the hierarchy of those sins, please do, I would be interested, and might even respond.

No I wasnt. Can you quote that?
    You posting your SF list is your problem.
    Your creating answers and then judging your made up answers like an imaginary friend posted them is also your problem.

Not interested as the SF obsession is bordering on insanity. It was amusing, then annoying, then amusing. Now I feel it's an issue.

Sleepy Eamo fell asleep. It was poor. IMO.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    What work is Ryan doing 110 hours per week, since taking over transport has he done anything?

Fell asleep and was woken to stall policy on the living wage for low paid workers and the right to collective bargaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

What do you want done to him?

Get him to apologise to the people of Ireland, to the people who voted for him, to the people who he represents, dock him a days pay or at least donate a days pay to a charity.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

We could just say he pulled a Ryan.... Like in friends, you pulled a Monica

Like yourself, he couldn't and he didn't. He wanted me to look up SF stuff and give a judgement so he could surmise if I was a hypocrite. Very laboured ****ery.

I already posted the links and information on this thread to you. You are aware of this....

Your on this thread day and night complaining about Éamonn Ryan and same on Cowen thread but as confirmed it’s just a party bash.

I suggest you google hypocrite.

Are you going to answer the question? Or try and hide still.....if you don’t care what SF TD get up to and it’s one rule for them and another for the rest of Dail, that’s you opinion. At least admit it

stoneill wrote: »
    Get him to apologise to the people of Ireland, to the people who voted for him, to the people who he represents, dock him a days pay or at least donate a days pay to a charity.

But are you requesting the same from all TD or just picking up Ryan

What about the TD not going to Dail should they all be docked a days pay? Or go to charity? Should they apologise?

I have asked this numerous time and Don’t seem to have got an answer

We have how many pages on this thread? One of the highest post count is from Bowie, similar on the Cowen thread

I asked the same question on Cowen thread as on here. Should all politician be held to the same requirement. This is a fairly simple question. Otherwise he is just a hypocrite as pointed out. I didn’t want to use the word till he confirmed

This is 100% relevant to this thread. Otherwise it’s just Bowie filling another thread full of bile for no reason apart from the fact it’s a rival party. He couldn’t give two f**k if the TD are asleep, awake or even at the Dail

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭DaveCliftonAP

Same few posters ruining every thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Fuascailteoir

We have how many pages on this thread? One of the highest post count is from Bowie, similar on the Cowen thread

I asked the same question on Cowen thread as on here. Should all politician be held to the same requirement. This is a fairly simple question. Otherwise he is just a hypocrite as pointed out. I didn’t want to use the word till he confirmed

This is 100% relevant to this thread. Otherwise it’s just Bowie filling another thread full of bile for no reason apart from the fact it’s a rival party. He couldn’t give two f**k if the TD are asleep, awake or even at the Dail

The lady is an absolute idiot for getting caught sleeping at work. Accept that and move on

• Advertisement

The lady is an absolute idiot for getting caught sleeping at work. Accept that and move on

When did I say different?

Lady?

Advertisement