Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eamon Ryan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,574 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    When did I say different?

Lady?

Just watch this video;)

http://twitter.com/i/status/1144974805768331264

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Bowie wrote: »
    No I wasnt. Can you quote that?
    You posting your SF list is your problem.
    Your creating answers and then judging your made up answers like an imaginary friend posted them is also your problem.

Not interested as the SF obsession is bordering on insanity. It was amusing, then annoying, then amusing. Now I feel it's an issue.

Sleepy Eamo fell asleep. It was poor. IMO.
    Fell asleep and was woken to stall policy on the living wage for low paid workers and the right to collective bargaining.

I can list sins of all parties and politicians, and you can rank falling asleep in the Dail then, the list I provided were just of ones that in my opinion are definitely more serious.

You have posted numerous posts criticising Ryan, yet you are unable or unwilling to contextualise his "sins" compared to others. Without that contextualisation, it is only criticism for criticism's sake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Just watch this video;)

and?? I don't get your point

and?? I don't get your point

He's clearly in touch with his feminine side...

Maybe he is and maybe he isn't. What the f**k has that got to do with anything?

Or do you think it is funny referring to someone as "lady" as some sort of derogatory description?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Looks like he's monged out of his mind.

No surprise really, no wonder the other two leaders just ignore him.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

blanch152 wrote: »
    Personal experience of working with Ministers.

It was exhausting, have to admit I only lasted six months of it. However, I learned enough to know it is universal among them.

One of the reasons why I am certain the fence-sitters have an easy time.

So what Ministers were working 110 hours a week while you were also working 110 hours a week with them?

And how exactly does that work, civil servants work Monday to Friday so you're trying to tell us that you worked 21 hours a day over 5 days? So breaking the laws of the Working Time Act which says
    The Organisation of Working Time Act 1997 states that the maximum average working week for many employees cannot exceed 48 hours

You came out with this claim last night that Eamon Ryan is working 110 hours a week and were asked for evidence to back it up. So far all we have heard is you saying you worked 110 hours a week and therefore ALL ministers do the same. I find it very dubious that a civil servant would be working 21 hours a day in contravention of the laws of the land. And your claim is not evidence, its literally pulling figuers from out of of the sky and making stuff up to substantiate your argument.

Maybe he is and maybe he isn't. What the f**k has that got to do with anything?

Or do you think it is funny referring to someone as "lady" as some sort of derogatory description?

It's just an attempt at humour. Presumably Fuascailteoir meant to say 'lad'...

Muahahaha wrote: »
    So what Ministers were working 110 hours a week while you were also working 110 hours a week with them?

And how exactly does that work, civil servants work Monday to Friday so you're trying to tell us that you worked 21 hours a day over 5 days? So breaking the laws of the Working Time Act which says

You came out with this claim last night that Eamon Ryan is working 110 hours a week and were asked for evidence to back it up. So far all we have heard is you saying you worked 110 hours a week and therefore ALL ministers do the same. I find it very dubious that a civil servant would be working 21 hours a day in contravention of the laws of the land. And your claim is not evidence, its literally pulling figuers from out of of the sky and making stuff up to substantiate your argument.

Civil servants don't just work 9-5, Monday to Friday. I was in breach of the OWT on numerous occasions. Working in Brussels and at international conferences, I sometimes put in even more than 110 hours. 16-hour days, seven days a week for short periods. Easily done, up for an EU co-ordination meeting at 7, preceded by emails etc., finishing up that evening around 11.

Ministers work harder. For many Ministers, the only down time is Sunday afternoon for a couple of hours.

Looks like he's monged out of his mind.

No surprise really, no wonder the other two leaders just ignore him.

Says the Healy Rae voter

• Advertisement

Civil servants don't just work 9-5, Monday to Friday. I was in breach of the OWT on numerous occasions. Working in Brussels and at international conferences, I sometimes put in even more than 110 hours. 16-hour days, seven days a week for short periods. Easily done, up for an EU co-ordination meeting at 7, preceded by emails etc., finishing up that evening around 11.

Ministers work harder. For many Ministers, the only down time is Sunday afternoon for a couple of hours.

How is this possible?

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

How is this possible?

I explained in the post. I worked at international conferences, and in the EU. When you hear of the EU Council working through the night and the weekend, e.g. look at Martin this last weekend, do you think the civil servants rotate in shifts and get sleep? Worse than that, before the Taoiseach gets there, the civil servants have been working to prepare for the Council.

I explained in the post. I worked at international conferences, and in the EU. When you hear of the EU Council working through the night and the weekend, e.g. look at Martin this last weekend, do you think the civil servants rotate in shifts and get sleep? Worse than that, before the Taoiseach gets there, the civil servants have been working to prepare for the Council.

You could see similar in companies, coming up to deadline/submission people end up working crazy hours for a short period and then take a rest the following week.

How can you do 16 hours a day, 7 days a week for short periods?

How many weeks in a row did you do it for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

I can list sins of all parties and politicians, and you can rank falling asleep in the Dail then, the list I provided were just of ones that in my opinion are definitely more serious.

You have posted numerous posts criticising Ryan, yet you are unable or unwilling to contextualise his "sins" compared to others. Without that contextualisation, it is only criticism for criticism's sake.

But where does that comparison end, should there be a back and forth about tribunals, cervical check scandal, Lowry and O Brien, go back as far as Dev and Collins and what they got up to?

When Cowen got exposed do you think he or Mícheál Martin came out with but sure the shinners have done a lot worse,we’ll just issue a statement listing them and it’ll put your drink conviction to rest as it’s not as bad. No, because it’s a separate issue and ridiculous to make that comparison. People should own their own mistakes.

He f*cked up and if it was Mary Lou or Ó Snodaigh or whatever SF TD, I would say it was an embarrassing and disgraceful and the person in question probably doesn’t belong there.

How can you do 16 hours a day, 7 days a week for short periods?

How many weeks in a row did you do it for?

Three weeks was the longest sustained period I did it for, but I saw others more senior putting in longer stretches of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

So you're basically saying that a government department allowed you to break the law on numerous occasions, thus leaving the said governemnt department wide open to legal action?

Your claims still dont substantiate that Eamon Ryan works 110 hours a week. Just because you say you did does not mean that he did, or that any other Minister did. How would you even know that without following them around for up to 20 hours a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

When did I say different?

Lady?

I’m assuming you and everyone else here knows that was a typo/autocorrect which should’ve been ‘lad’. Is there any need for the faux outrage? Just trying to start another poor line of attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,999 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

I despise him, he is what is wrong with the green party. Completely out of touch with reality. "Let them grow flowerboxes" should be his legacy.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    So you're basically saying that a government department allowed you to break the law on numerous occasions, thus leaving the said governemnt department wide open to legal action?

Your claims still dont substantiate that Eamon Ryan works 110 hours a week. Just because you say you did does not mean that he did, or that any other Minister did. How would you even know that without following them around for up to 20 hours a day.

There is a technical loophole in the OWT legislation around control that allows managers in organisations to be exempt from its provisions. I think there is a test case winding its way to the ECJ about it, but not sure where it is at.

On Eamon Ryan, yes I am not sure he works that hard, but some civil servants have access to Minister's diaries, and would be well aware of how much they work. I haven't come across many Ministers that don't work that hard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

Eamon Ryan works 16 to 18 hrs a day running the country.He is entitled to a little nap now and again.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,999 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

BENDYBINN wrote: »
    Eamon Ryan works 16 to 18 hrs a day running the country.He is entitled to a little nap now and again.

Yes, it's got to be difficult to keep hiding his 2.5 litre diesel van and moving it away to get photoed on his bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

BENDYBINN wrote: »

He needs to work on his time management mate.

I’m assuming you and everyone else here knows that was a typo/autocorrect which should’ve been ‘lad’. Is there any need for the faux outrage? Just trying to start another poor line of attack.

How is saying "Lady?" attacking or faux outrage as you seem to suggest?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

He rambles on about absolute rubbish and makes no sense but now I can see why as he is away with the fairies in the sky as seen in the Twitter clip.

Driving any vehicles will be made so difficult if he is allowed implement his ideology....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

KaneToad wrote: »
    I think the first question from most reasonable employers would be: are you ok? Bollocking doesn't come into it.

Ryan could have been unwell
    He might have a family member unwell (he has an autistic child)
    He might have been drunk
    He might have been high
    He might have up all night working

If it becomes a habit, it would be a problem. He's a 56 year old male - these things happen sometimes.

Ahhh if only some people were as understanding of all politicians as they are of old Eamon, god bless him.

Sure I reckon if some other top politician was caught drunk on the job there wouldn't be a peep about it. :rolleyes:

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Have you read the thread? He's been called scum and a dozy bollox amongst other things. And if you think Eamonn Ryan was single handedly behind the diesel campaign you're plain wrong - the switch from petrol to diesel was being pushed throughout Europe as being more environmentally friendly - it was the perceived wisdom of the day.

I was the one that called him a dozy b***** and I stand squarely behind that assertion.

Look at his contributions over the years and it pretty much sums up the man as a deluded fool.
    A fool that ultimately toes the line of what ever major party he is in power with.
    If you want to see that in action go find his speech backing a perjuring fellow minister from FF.

Every so often his delusion comes to the fore whether it his comments about people in rural Ireland car sharing or taking non existent public transport to his comments about the reintroduction of wolves to Ireland.
    And yes I will bring that up because it shows he really knows SFA about nature with those types of comments, despite him being a green and supposedly caring about all things natural.
    If one of the Healy Raes came up with that type of outlandish suggestion, the green voters and supporters would dine out on the story for years laughing at the village idiots from the sticks.
    Village idiots don't have to come from the sticks they can easily be found in the suburbs of Dublin it seems.

Ryan doesn't seem to have a great grasp reality at times.
    And maybe if he actually did a bit of research first he might spare us from having to read about yet another stupid utterance of his.

But of course his followers buy into the utterances or at least try excuse it and ultimately use the excuse that he has lofty ambitions for the country.
    Personal experience of working with Ministers.

It was exhausting, have to admit I only lasted six months of it. However, I learned enough to know it is universal among them.

One of the reasons why I am certain the fence-sitters have an easy time.

Go on tell us which ministers was it ?
    Says the Healy Rae voter

I just love how the Healy Raes get up the noses of the greens.
    I just love it. :D

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Well, let’s be clear, then. I don’t think falling asleep is any big deal, especially from someone putting in 110-hour weeks.

I used to do a job where many people's future would depend on the professionalism of myself and my colleagues. I, personally, had 6 weeks to read (read every word - not skim them) at the minimum 1k multipage documents and grade them. The deadlines were set in stone. 110 hours a week was the norm.
    Once all of that was done there were days of lengthy meetings with all colleagues in a fairly confined space. In July. No air conditioning. Windows closed so no-one could overhear. Each of those colleagues would also have been putting in the same hours as me.
    We would go through every single person's over all record. Sometimes there would be a vote. Everyone had a vote.

No-one ever fell asleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

I already posted the links and information on this thread to you. You are aware of this....

Your on this thread day and night complaining about Éamonn Ryan and same on Cowen thread but as confirmed it’s just a party bash.

I suggest you google hypocrite.

Are you going to answer the question? Or try and hide still.....if you don’t care what SF TD get up to and it’s one rule for them and another for the rest of Dail, that’s you opinion. At least admit it

Nonsense.
    You made a claim and can't back it up. You want me to try for you. Nuts.
    I'm guilty of being foolish enough to respond to you.
    You are obsessed with SF.
    If you cant take on board criticism of a politician without bringing up SF the problem lies with you.
    Sleepy Eamo fell asleep. At least he didnt do a Father Jack but shout 'Feck, arse, girls, 'N' word' from his slumber.

Nonsense.
    You made a claim and can't back it up. You want me to try for you. Nuts.
    I'm guilty of being foolish enough to respond to you.
    You are obsessed with SF.
    If you cant take on board criticism of a politician without bringing up SF the problem lies with you.
    Sleepy Eamo fell asleep. At least he didnt do a Father Jack but shout 'Feck, arse, girls, 'N' word' from his slumber.

What claim have I not backed up?

Not sure why you just cant answer a question in one post instead of having 20-30 posts going around in circles. It was a simple question yet here you are with another post.

• Advertisement

jmayo wrote: »
    I just love how the Healy Raes get up the noses of the greens.
    I just love it. :D

I dont support the Greens :p

Advertisement