Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eamon Ryan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Id be for a motion of anyone in government or staff should be drug tested.... Ryan has to be on something.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    I used to do a job where many people's future would depend on the professionalism of myself and my colleagues. I, personally, had 6 weeks to read (read every word - not skim them) at the minimum 1k multipage documents and grade them. The deadlines were set in stone. 110 hours a week was the norm.
    Once all of that was done there were days of lengthy meetings with all colleagues in a fairly confined space. In July. No air conditioning. Windows closed so no-one could overhear. Each of those colleagues would also have been putting in the same hours as me.
    We would go through every single person's over all record. Sometimes there would be a vote. Everyone had a vote.

No-one ever fell asleep.
    And then you woke up Mr. Bond

• Registered Users Posts: 86,777 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

BENDYBINN wrote: »
    Eamon Ryan works 16 to 18 hrs a day running the country.He is entitled to a little nap now and again.

What country, Neverland?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,574 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

jmayo wrote: »

I just love how the Healy Raes get up the noses of the greens.
    I just love it. :D

Better than getting up their own noses I suppose...

https://www.buzz.ie/weird/watch-danny-healy-rae-picking-nose-dail-269263

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Id be for a motion of anyone in government or staff should be drug tested.... Ryan has to be on something.

They'll be calling you a Narcophobe, any criticism of Green party and you are some sort of phobic

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    What claim have I not backed up?

Not sure why you just cant answer a question in one post instead of having 20-30 posts going around in circles. It was a simple question yet here you are with another post.

You said:
    as usual you seem to have one rule for one TD and another set of rules for another.

I asked for an example and you responded by giving me suggestions of SF things I should look up and report back on so you can judge am I being hypocritical.
    This is cray cray.
    i criticised sleepy Eamo, gave reasoning and you went on a shinner rant as per.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Wish he was asleep more of the time. Its when he wakes up I worry

Truthvader wrote: »
    Wish he was asleep more of the time. Its when he wakes up I worry

I think he outgrew his party. He's no game changer.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I don't support drug-testing of any worker unless their role has a high risk of causing severe injury or death....but any road, I'm not sure why you think he has to be on something.

He fell asleep. It happens to people all the time. I imagine TDs fall asleep in the Dail on a daily basis. Doesn't excuse it, but it's hardly a hanging offence or a reason that he "must be on drugs".

Really though he shouldn't even bother with the leadership contest. He should say that he's stepping back because he clearly can't sustain the work hours he's doing, and hand the reins over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Bowie wrote: »
    You said:

I asked for an example and you responded by giving me suggestions of SF things I should look up and report back on so you can judge am I being hypocritical.
    This is cray cray.

We can take your lack of answer to the question as confirmation

You have one rule for a TD and then another rule for a SF TD. Might be worth posting a disclaimer on everything saying you have different requirements for TD depending on which party they are in

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Tbf this is true....sf arent allowed into government here,despite winning the election

Irish "democracy" is weird

Winning the election? When did this happen?

Who didn’t allow them into government?

This is outrageous and surely must be unconstitutional?

Tbf this is true....sf arent allowed into government here,despite winning the election

25% is not "winning" Maths is weird

• Registered Users Posts: 21,999 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

That's funny, they didnt win the election.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,999 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Most votes....would usually count as winning (well unless its a fg leadership vote)

So, "winning" means "not voted for by 75% of people". Gotcha.

The national number of votes received is irrelevant. We use PR STV as the basis. I'm in favor of moving to FPTP but I doubt that would be very popular here

ELM327 wrote: »
    That's funny, they didnt win the election.

Apparently they also ‘broke the free state’ whatever that means.

Has a history of 'weirdness' though. FF weren't 'allowed' into government in 1948 despite having more than twice as many seats as the next biggest party, thereby surely 'winning' the election by a country mile...

TBF FF are lapsed Shinners :)

Likely wasn't enough money in it for FF.

Most votes....would usually count as winning (well unless its a fg leadership vote)
    Only in other systems.

In Ireland the most first preference votes doesn't get you the most seats, and having the most seats doesn't put you in government.

This is down to the PR-STV system which makes it a proportional system, not a popularity contest.

The thing that's odd is not that you can "win" an election in Ireland and not be in government, it's that there is no "winner" of an election until a government is formed. In other systems like the US and UK, government formation is a privilege granted to the winner. In our system, you're not crowned the winner until you form a government.

So irish politics has always been corrupt?

No it means our system allows a government to be formed by any group of parties who can put a majority of TDs together. If it was just about the largest number of votes/seats, FF would have been in government nonstop for nearly 80 years. Do you think that would have been preferable to the various bouts of coalition horsetrading that enabled alternative governments to be formed between 1932 and 2011?

You can easily understand why an SF supporter would have difficult grasping the concept of democracy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

https://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2020/02/17/24-of-electorate-that-voted-sinn-fein-under-impression-100-of-nation-voted-for-party/

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

seamus wrote: »
    I don't support drug-testing of any worker unless their role has a high risk of causing severe injury or death....but any road, I'm not sure why you think he has to be on something.

He fell asleep. It happens to people all the time. I imagine TDs fall asleep in the Dail on a daily basis. Doesn't excuse it, but it's hardly a hanging offence or a reason that he "must be on drugs".

Really though he shouldn't even bother with the leadership contest. He should say that he's stepping back because he clearly can't sustain the work hours he's doing, and hand the reins over.

Ok Eamon.....

Because the way he conducts himself and the pure rubbish he spouts out that's why....

Oh and of course there should be testing, they are in the end calling the shots so should be fully able and committed to doing it right.

Oh and of course there should be testing, they are in the end calling the shots so should be fully able and committed to doing it right.
    That's a separate issue. Just like you're accountable to your employer on the basis of job performance, and not on what chemicals are in your body, likewise politicians are accountable on the basis of performance.

Some great politicians have been fuelled by little more than whiskey, cocaine and heroin.

Aside from that, everyone has the right to a private life, even politicians. If someone's idea of a fun weekend is a satanistic orgy involving copious amounts of intoxicants, then that's no-one else's business unless it impacts on their ability to carry out their work.

Ok Eamon.....

Because the way he conducts himself and the pure rubbish he spouts out that's why....

Thats it! The f*cker is just stoned . Explains everything. Hey Maaan can you guys on the motorway just chill back a bit. Neil from The Young Ones is a minister

Truthvader wrote: »
    Thats it! The f*cker is just stoned . Explains everything. Hey Maaan can you guys on the motorway just chill back a bit. Neil from The Young Ones is a minister

Mike posing as Neil based on his vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

blanch152 wrote: »
    Three weeks was the longest sustained period I did it for, but I saw others more senior putting in longer stretches of it.

So you have worked 16 hours a day for 21 days in row at international conferences?

Lol.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Mike posing as Neil based on his vote.

Nope, that was Gormley

14/15 hour days wouldn't be unusual for a Commis Chef. And they'd be paid buttons. Fall asleep and you'd be out or scalded.
    But again, Eamo is in no hurry to tackle low wage worker problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

This lie has been shot down many times already on here. I should start bookmarking my posts which blow these lies out of the water.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1948_Irish_general_election

1948 - Fianna Fail won the election by your standards and all the other parties conspired to keep them out.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1954_Irish_general_election

What do you know? The same thing happened again in 1954!!!!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1981_Irish_general_election

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/November_1982_Irish_general_election

Gosh, here it is again in November 1982!!!

Some people either have very short memories or don't understand the Irish voting system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

You said:

This is cray cray.

We know, you think that Eamon Ryan falling asleep in the Dail for five minutes is far far worse than Mary-Lou travelling to fake funerals during lockdown or Paddy Houlihan and his racist misogynist podcasts.

You are not being asked to look anything up, the examples given are cases that you have commented on many many times. Explain to us clearly how Gerry Adams lying about his brother's child abuse is not as bad as Eamon Ryan falling asleep.

The ability of some posters to spout bile about such low-level stuff is incredible. I know you are hurt and upset by the Greens going into government with Fine Gael, but a little perspective is needed. As Eilis O'Hanlon put it in the Sunday Independent - "the level of hostility directed towards Eamon Ryan online points to something much more disturbing......", couldn't have said it better myself.
    Muahahaha wrote: »

You came out with this claim last night that Eamon Ryan is working 110 hours a week and were asked for evidence to back it up. So far all we have heard is you saying you worked 110 hours a week and therefore ALL ministers do the same. I find it very dubious that a civil servant would be working 21 hours a day in contravention of the laws of the land. And your claim is not evidence, its literally pulling figuers from out of of the sky and making stuff up to substantiate your argument.

How about his wife?

https://www.irishexaminer.com/opinion/columnists/arid-31008682.html

"I bridled last Saturday when I heard Cormac Ó hEadhra expressing the hope that politicians would not be going off on long holidays this summer on RTÉ.

Everyone needs to take a break. These people are husbands, wives, fathers, mothers.

When did it become reasonable for a Minister to work a 16-hour day, six or seven days a week? Do you think that helps their decision-making? Does it help attract women to politics? Is it fair on their families?

I don’t like being a Minister’s wife, but I do like the possibilities this Programme for Government opens up.

I have spent a long time campaigning on environmental issues but it would take a lot of protests, a lot of letters to TDs and a lot of opinion columns to add up to the impact a Minister can have in a good morning’s work."

Some of you need to take a long hard look at yourselves.

Advertisement