Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eamon Ryan

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

'He led the party back from being wiped out'....only to lead them back to being wiped out.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Dual wheels

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    He's finished as GP leader. A tired worn figure not a good look for the party. Think that will seal his fate.

I’m not surprised the guy is a washed up buffoon, a cod who was finished ten years ago but for all those d4 bearded lefties who never set foot in rural Ireland decided to go green, swots the lot of them

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

I don't know why you care as even if Eamon Ryan was replaced as party leader the new leader is unlikely to be sympathetic to the "if it moves shoot it lobby".

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Bowie wrote: »
    'He led the party back from being wiped out'....only to lead them back to being wiped out.

I wouldn't give him any credit for that. They were a beneficiaries of a protest vote against FG but who weren't ready to vote FF yet and certainly not SF or the lefties coupled with a general trend (pre-Covid) of environmental virtue-signalling from their core wealthy urban constituents who always grow a social conscience when times are good :rolleyes:

Now that they're in, I don't hear much support for anything they've suggested and as the looming recession bites and the hard decisions have to be made, I expect their nonsense ideas will be even less tolerated.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

In fairness, who would you rather, him or Martin? I think Ryan has plenty more gaffes left to entertain us with. It’s better than some jumped up primary school teacher who will kiss ass and tread on eggshells for the sake of being in the position.

I'd rather anyone than to see that buffoon endorsed again, it's despairing to think he is the best choice to lead an Irish political party that has so many members.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Billcarson

The guy is a ****ing idiot plain and simple

I'd rather anyone than to see that buffoon endorsed again, it's despairing to think he is the best choice to lead an Irish political party that has so many members.

Who do? The Greens? 3200 per a Google search. If anything it shows even more how disproportionate their attitude or current position in Government is.

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Who do? The Greens? 3200 per a Google search. If anything it shows even more how disproportionate their attitude or current position in Government is.

Good guess, well done.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Good guess, well done.

Well listening to Nessa on R1 at the moment it seems that they're losing members since they went into Government and a split/faction is developing.

They'll pull the already fragile coalition down yet, but this is the problem really when ideology hits political and economic realities.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

https://www.rte.ie/news/politics/2020/0723/1155056-saoirse-mchugh/

Why is this making the news? She’s been a candidate for an awful lot it seems, but succeeded at nothing.

Her bio on the Green Party website reads like a ‘become a politician’ project given to a transition year student.

https://www.greenparty.ie/people/saoirse-mchugh/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Well listening to Nessa on R1 at the moment it seems that they're losing members since they went into Government and a split/faction is developing.

They'll pull the already fragile coalition down yet, but this is the problem really when ideology hits political and economic realities.

I was listening to that segment too and I'm one person who will be taking out membership if Eamon Ryan wins. Nessa, Catherine Martin and her ilk should join some left wing party like PBF and take their baggage with them.

Too early for that. Currently It's more a case of members not being happy to partner with FF/FG. It's early days, (not forgetting Covid) for economic realities based on the coalition to begin to bite. Likely the political realities of being the stooges for FF/FG are setting in and back to topic, sleepy Eamo and his voting preference didn't go down well among some members.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Too early for that. Currently It's more a case of members not being happy to partner with FF/FG. It's early days, (not forgetting Covid) for economic realities based on the coalition to begin to bite. Likely the political realities of being the stooges for FF/FG are setting in and back to topic, sleepy Eamo and his voting preference didn't go down well among some members.

Wrong again. Eamonn just won the leadership battle.

Didn’t 76% of the Green vote for government? Or do you think Eamonn vote counts for more than other party members

Someone should wake him up and tell him.

Someone should wake him up and tell him.

You translate the Healy Rae speech for us yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    You translate the Healy Rae speech for us yet?

He said "it's all gravy lads, sure lookit, yer man over theres asleep and then ye have two other halfwits like myself and brother/cousin running the show, lets enjoy ourselves"

He said "it's all gravy lads, sure lookit, yer man over theres asleep and then ye have two other halfwits like myself and brother/cousin running the show, lets enjoy ourselves"

Something along the lines of that with drinking pints in middle of day throw in

Sorry you’re breaking up there, the reception is very bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

With or without a cheese sandwich (Calvita)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,986 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I watched him at the July stimulus launch press conference yesterday and wondered has he actually just woken up. Completely unimpressive, looked lost and it was cringe worthy, not that Michael Martin was much better. Leo also seems a little off, kinda looks a little bitter, evening mentioning the word Taoiseach when referring to Martin seemed to distress him.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Dempo1 wrote: »
    I watched him at the July stimulus launch press conference yesterday and wondered has he actually just woken up. Completely unimpressive, looked lost and it was cringe worthy, not that Michael Martin was much better. Leo also seems a little off, kinda looks a little bitter, evening mentioning the word Taoiseach when referring to Martin seemed to distress him.
    It's Martin's show, the other two are playing tag-along. You wouldn't expect Ryan to have much to show outside his comfort zone.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,986 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

is_that_so wrote: »
    It's Martin's show, the other two are playing tag-along. You wouldn't expect Ryan to have much to show outside his comfort zone.

I disagree, Leo pulling the strings here, as Alan Kelly (I'm no fan) asked, who is Taoiseach?, it's clear to me this coalition is hanging on a thread. I do agree, Ryan staying out of Politics as such, kinda wonder what's he doing in government

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

I disagree, Leo pulling the strings here, as Alan Kelly (I'm no fan) asked, who is Taoiseach?, it's clear to me this coalition is hanging on a thread. I do agree, Ryan staying out of Politics as such, kinda wonder what's he doing in government

Pension and ego. I've yet to see him step up and bring any excitement or fresh take to the coalition. He seems to be phoning it in when not napping. He's like a seat filler at an award show.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Pension and ego. I've yet to see him step up and bring any excitement or fresh take to the coalition. He seems to be phoning it in when not napping. He's like a seat filler at an award show.

What sort of excitement would you be looking for?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Alan Kelly was a disaster in government. Absolutely car crash performance when FG passed the Irish Water grenade to Labour.

However he does well in opposition and really gets under the skin of the government ministers. Not sure why he pulled back on the Cowen questioning though.

Surprised Ryan won the Green vote. Narrow margin will only mean trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Alan Kelly was a disaster in government. Absolutely car crash performance when FG passed the Irish Water grenade to Labour.

However he does well in opposition and really gets under the skin of the government ministers. Not sure why he pulled back on the Cowen questioning though.

Could you imagine the trouble if the vote had gone the other way. Big problem for the Greens is that so much of their membership are just a bit mad

• Registered Users Posts: 52,012 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Truthvader wrote: »
    Could you imagine the trouble if the vote had gone the other way. Big problem for the Greens is that so much of their membership are just a bit mad

I think they’re all mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Paddy Power odds on the next TD to fall asleep in the Dail
    Eamon Ryan 2/1
    Mattie McGrath 3/1

What sort of excitement would you be looking for?

If he seemed more interested and spoke about what new things his being there is bringing to the party.

Oh, staying awake would be good too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Kelly talking ****e yesterday about his teacher wife. A few more of the teacher crew threw in their tuppence worth. People see him for the bluffer he is

Advertisement