Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eamon Ryan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Thought hair dye would be a no no for a n eco warlord like Ryan but not a shade of grey showing at nearly six decades

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Thought hair dye would be a no no for a n eco warlord like Ryan but not a shade of grey showing at nearly six decades
    Turnip extract mixed with chicken **** is a great colour preservative

• Registered Users Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

I think they’re all mad.

Over a thousand of them that were eligible to vote for the leadership contest didn't bother their hole, that's a full one third of the members that couldn't be arsed to make a mark on a piece of paper and post it.

A joke of a political party.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Over a thousand of them that were eligible to vote for the leadership contest didn't bother their hole, that's a full one third of the members that couldn't be arsed to make a mark on a piece of paper and post it.

A joke of a political party.
    Their horoscopes probably advised them not to make any serious decisions this week

• Registered Users Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Eamon Ryan in the news yet again as it emerged that he employing 2 chiefs of staff (whatever they are) and 6 other advisors. They'll earn about 100,000 each.

https://amp.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/ryan-may-get-eight-special-advisers-with-some-earning-100k-39397591.html?__twitter_impression=true

Just how bad is this minister if he needs so many advisors?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,824 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

They will each need to follow him behind his bike in a Tesla each.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,784 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Eamon Ryan in the news yet again as it emerged that he employing 2 chiefs of staff (whatever they are) and 6 other advisors. They'll earn about 100,000 each.

https://amp.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/ryan-may-get-eight-special-advisers-with-some-earning-100k-39397591.html?__twitter_impression=true

I can only read the first paragraph but even there
    some of whom can earn salaries of up to €101,000, the Sunday Independent can reveal.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,682 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Jobs for the boys and girls

• Registered Users Posts: 20,122 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Can earn up to isn’t the same as they will earn 100k each to be fair .

Usual sensationalist headlines

Cyrus wrote: »
    Can earn up to isn’t the same as they will earn 100k each to be fair .

Usual sensationalist headlines

I think we can safely say they'll be well paid.

• Advertisement

This government is giving the next election to Sinn Fein on a plate at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Someone needs to tend to his window boxes while he sleeps

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

How many is normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,245 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Pretty poor all the same if you need 8 advisors. All probably ex press or Rte. it really is jobs for the boys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Its for naps. One is to poke him with a stick and theres another to keep sketch.
    Joke of a government. Straight to the trough.

No civil servants available? Too busy getting renovations done for the new industrial fax machine?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

joeysoap wrote: »
    Pretty poor all the same if you need 8 advisors. All probably ex press or Rte. it really is jobs for the boys

One is actually ex rte

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

People aren't going to be happy until we end up like Venezuela.

Mr. Karate wrote: »

Straight in with Venezuela? That was quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭kippy

To be fair.
    We have 2 or 3 (or more) times the politicians relative to near neighbours at national level and I'd say more again at local level.
    Our government top jobs appear to expand with every government as does the amount of associated staff that go with them. These advisors all earn north of 80k per annum.
    The recent 16k salary increases are beyond a joke.
    We had a chance to reform politics with the seanad referendum which is just another jobs for the boys and girls club ultimately.
    So yeah. As well as many other professions, (legal and insurance) we really need to trim the fat from our political system.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

How many bottles of Grecian 2000 would that buy?

• Advertisement

Straight in with Venezuela? That was quick.

Part of Venezuela's collapse was because of Chavez giving his cronies positions that they didn't deserve, were qualified for, or were necessary [sound familiar?]

• Registered Users Posts: 17,078 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

TheChizler wrote: »
    How many is normal?

I think this is important, and without knowing if this has been the modus operandi for a number of prior governments going back ~20 years, its a bit hard to form a conclusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭Allinall

One is actually ex rte

That’s shocking.

He actually had a job?

Part of Venezuela's collapse was because of Chavez giving his cronies positions that they didn't deserve, were qualified for, or were necessary [sound familiar?]

Oh ok, I thought you were defending the use of advisors.

This story is going to follow Ryan much more than the sleeping storm. This is vast sums of public money being spent on advisors.

It sounds like he isn't up to the job.

I hope it's because he's a complete gilly or something. Be some justification.
    Why do we have civil servants if ministers are bringing in so many staff?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Is there no budget oversight on TDs? Has this lad just set up the State with a few €100k of a staff bill plus pensions for life?

This story is going to follow Ryan much more than the sleeping storm. This is vast sums of public money being spent on advisors.

Its ok. I can understand having an advisor [as in 1] but 8? Taking the tax payers for mugs again.

The sleeping thing would have blown over this will haunt him because it makes him look incompetent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭LawBoy2018

I'm genuinely so disappoined in the Greens. They've shown that they're no different from FG or FF and care more about f*cking bike lanes than workers' rights, animal welfare and most-likely the environment itself. Eamon Ryan is nothing more than a greedy snorelax and the level nepotism in the Green party genuinely makes me sick. How could we (young voters) have been so wrong about them?

SF are the only option from here onwards. *sigh* Hopefully if/when they take the reigns, they maintain at least a shred of integrity, unlike the Greens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Vast sums? A percentage of 1 percent of total government spend is ‘vast sums’?

• Advertisement

LawBoy2018 wrote: »
    I'm genuinely so disappoined in the Greens. They've shown that they're no different from FG or FF and care more about f*cking bike lanes than workers' rights, animal welfare and most-likely the environment itself. Eamon Ryan is nothing more than a greedy snorelax and the level nepotism in the Green party genuinely makes me sick. How could we (young voters) have been so wrong about them?

SF are the only option from here onwards. *sigh* Hopefully if/when they take the reigns, they maintain at least a shred of integrity, unlike the Greens.

SD's worth a nod and maybe the Greens in a few years.

Advertisement