Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eamon Ryan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    I am not saying he didn't say to reintroduce Wolves. But it was in the middle of a conversation. I always find it best to actually find out the context the person is talking about. Do you no think so?

https://extra.ie/2020/01/18/news/politics/eamon-ryan-restates-his-wish-to-see-wolves-reintroduced-into-ireland-in-his-lifetime

When asked if he would like to see wolves reintroduced to Ireland in his lifetime, Mr Ryan told Extra.ie: ‘Yeah, but first things first, we have to restore our peatlands. We have to build up a native and natural forest.
    ‘Currently we have a forestry model which is plantations, which is short of wildlife. It is going to take 40 to 50 years, forestry takes time. It is that sort of time frame not in the political time frame that it might happen in’, Eamon Ryan added.

So what he says we could reintroduce Wolves if we have forest etc that would be able to provide for the wolves. SO the Leitrim chickens and sheep would have no risk:-)

At the moment the biggest risk to Sheep is household dogs who kills hundred of sheep every year in Ireland. I don't hear anyone here asking to ban dogs?

Hey, it's no problem if you want to say he didn't.

It's not like you're going to tarnish your online reputation or anything like that.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Hey, it's no problem if you want to say he didn't.

It's not like you're going to tarnish your online reputation or anything like that.

:p

Mav11 wrote: »
    You want to ban dogs? Shame:mad:

No I don't

Just making a point that dogs are also dangerous if not looked after correctly as well.

If Wolves for reintroduced to Ireland I would expect they would need to put safe guards in place. As Eamonn says that is 40-50 years away so not really a concern at the moment is it?

It was precisely what he actually said and was part of the Greens motion on national land use plan. Somebody didn’t just come out with it and ask him his thoughts on it. Seems you are the one that hasn’t read the rest.

“Bring back a sense of wildness“

What an absolute clown. Has he ever been outside Ranelagh and taken a look around Ireland?

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/greens-call-for-wolves-to-be-reintroduced-to-ireland-1.4036692

Did you read the thread? look a few posts back for what he actually said....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 36 homes_for_all

It is nice that the Green Party have moved on from anti-vaccine, anti-EU stances to this pro-Wolves one at least.

Maybe in another couple of decades they'll embrace nuclear?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

It is nice that the Green Party have moved on from anti-vaccine, anti-EU stances to this pro-Wolves one at least.

Maybe in another couple of decades they'll embrace nuclear?

Is that the 'n' word he said?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

No I don't

Just making a point that dogs are also dangerous if not looked after correctly as well.

If Wolves for reintroduced to Ireland I would expect they would need to put safe guards in place. As Eamonn says that is 40-50 years away so not really a concern at the moment is it?

Eamonn Ryan sounds like a knob, wolves need to have miles of territory to roam and hunt.
    Farm animals, pets and kid's would never be safe. There would always be a fear of being hunted down.

Imagine a pack of wolves roaming around the Curragh or the Burren in Clare, Killarney national park or Connemara.

When fishing in the Canadian American border myself and my friends have a pump action shotgun and a 22 with us always.

Because if we encounter a pack of wolves it's either us or them.
    Fortunately we never had an encounter but you can hear them howling through the night.

If there was wolves roaming Ireland you'd need a gun with you while out hiking in the wilderness that's for sure.

No I don't

Eamon is 57, he was specifically asked if he would like to see wolves introduced in his lifetime and his answer was "Yeah."

So he now reckons he'll be on living on this planet until he's 107?

Some people reckon he's not even on this planet now, never mind in 50 years time.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Look at this statement he has made public.

It would be okay if he said this to a socially distanced group in a creche, but this is a statement that outlines what he said to a Green junior Minister and TD.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40025192.html

Eamon is 57, he was specifically asked if he would like to see wolves introduced in his lifetime and his answer was "Yeah."

So he now reckons he'll be on living on this planet until he's 107?

Some people reckon he's not even on this planet now, never mind in 50 years time.

:p

Maybe the parts in bold will help as you seem to be a little confused

‘Currently we have a forestry model which is plantations, which is short of wildlife. It is going to take 40 to 50 years, forestry takes time. It is that sort of time frame not in the political time frame that it might happen in’,

‘It is going to take a lot longer in Ireland and I don’t think it is going to be a priority of the next government. I think it is more of a long-term plan.
    ‘That is a thing that people are into and want to see happen. The reintroduction of wolves is not a short-term part of that, it is a much more long-term ambition. It is something you would be looking to do but is not something for the next Government to talk about.

• Advertisement

Look at this statement he has made public.

It would be okay if he said this to a socially distanced group in a creche, but this is a statement that outlines what he said to a Green junior Minister and TD.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40025192.html

What is the problem with the statement? If you coiuld point out the bit please?

"It weakens our strength, it weakens Government, it doesn't work and I'm confident that our own party members know that."

Minister Ryan said: "You cannot vote against Government, if you are in Government, you cannot abstain if you are in Government.

"It weakens our strength, it weakens Government, it doesn't work and I'm confident that our own party members know that."

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Seen the idiot at Dublin castle and making sure he is seen on the news on his bike....

Then another clip on the new green way along the canal...
    Social distance not been followed, all waffle and no masks.....

They are looking forward to 2 weeks off.... What has he actually done?

Seen the idiot at Dublin castle and making sure he is seen on the news on his bike....

Then another clip on the new green way along the canal...
    Social distance not been followed, all waffle and no masks.....

They are looking forward to 2 weeks off.... What has he actually done?

Help delay the cause of low paid workers and supported FF/FG on everything they put in front of him.

'Eamo, do you want to form a coalition?'.
    'Let me sleep on it'.
    'Deal!'.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,419 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

What is the problem with the statement? If you coiuld point out the bit please?

Minister Ryan said: "You cannot vote against Government, if you are in Government, you cannot abstain if you are in Government.

He needed to grow a pair of stones and kick those two out of the parliamentary party, if not the party.

Bowie wrote: »
    Help delay the cause of low paid workers and supported FF/FG on everything they put in front of him.

I think you might need to read up on what a coalition is....you seem to be confused about the concept

I think you might need to read up on what a coalition is....you seem to be confused about the concept

Ehh, it's obvious that it's Neasa and Joe are the ones who need to do the reading up.

And in all fairness, they should not be in government if they don't understand the concept.

Ehh, it's obvious that it's Neasa and Joe are the ones who need to do the reading up.

And in all fairness, they should not be in government if they don't understand the concept.

Maybe they thought a coalition was some kind of partnership instead of sleepy Eamo just doing as he's told. I'm sure he's happy with a few cat naps and his fat pension.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Maybe they thought a coalition was some kind of partnership instead of sleepy Eamo just doing as he's told. I'm sure he's happy with a few cat naps and his fat pension.

Think poor Eamo is committed to the cause and probably doesn't have an eye to his pension. And he is the more sane end of the Greens. Its looney ! Its cartooney! Its the Greens!

Do you have proof Eamonn Ryan is just doing what he is been told? you keep repeating it so I guess you do?

:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

He has brought the Greens from worst election results to a constant increase over the last few election to finally the best election result ever

Yet people sitting on a forum are suggesting he isn’t “mentally competent”

Your “list” isn’t correct by the way

He and his party were riding on the Greta Thunberg wave.

People thought the Green Party were going to make Ireland more environmentally friendly.

But now they are in the Dail the only Green they care about is on the Hundred Euro note.

As for the list I can provide links to prove im not lying. He dug his own grave.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/eamon-ryan-defends-plan-to-quadruple-carbon-tax-by-2030-39369919.html

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=2499451790377969

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/politics/eamon-ryan-dail-speech-coronavirus-21721928

https://twitter.com/EamonRyan/status/970708205973237760?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E970708205973237760%7Ctwgr%5E&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.boards.ie%2Fvbulletin%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D2058087151&fbclid=IwAR2xFmX6PFU3IOP72Jf5Mus_b3pQj-C_Jxgvbc1WQUgiqoqM0n1UdkGuYJ4

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40014902.html

https://www.newstalk.com/news/eamon-ryan-n-word-dail-1029441

Eamon Ryan using the N word but his loyal followers say my list is fake.

His heart was in the right place but he was wrong to say it.

mikeym wrote: »
    He and his party were riding on the Greta Thunberg wave.

People thought the Green Party were going to make Ireland more environmentally friendly.

But now they are in the Dail the only Green they care about is on the Hundred Euro note.

As for the list I can provide links to prove im not lying. He dug his own grave.

Problem is the local elections happened in May, Thunberg exposure to general public was not huge till the September "How dare you" speech which really blew her to household name

IN the local elections Eamonn Ryan Green Party won an additional 37 seats compared to their previous results. So it wasn't on back of Greta

How many weeks are in the government in place? how many weeks have they not had covid to deal with?

Pity the likes of him with his hippie ideas didn't think of a great plan when we were hit with the big recession....

We had housing stock, units apartments whatever one wants to call it and they could have easily used it to their advantage and made more money they they ever will due to selling out to China and other big countries and vulture funds that snapped everything up for buttons....

Why couldn't an Irish person that was stuck renting or needed a home be sorted with a housing unit where they would pay for it, get taxes from and other costs so councils and the government would have actually done well out of it...

Even if credit had to be given but with terms that if not paid they definitely would lose the unit and someone else would get it that would...

Eamon Ryan using the N word but his loyal followers say my list is fake.

His heart was in the right place but he was wrong to say it.

I am not a Eamonn Ryan follower by the way, I just find it hillarious the over the top rubbish posted on here. Everything was ok when the Greens had no power, now they do the fear in people have to try shoot them down.

Personally I would think it is hard for any party to make a difference in a few weeks in the middle of a global crisis, what do you think?

I am not a Eamonn Ryan follower by the way, I just find it hillarious the over the top rubbish posted on here. Everything was ok when the Greens had no power, now they do the fear in people have to try shoot them down.

Personally I would think it is hard for any party to make a difference in a few weeks in the middle of a global crisis, what do you think?

But they fcuked us right over the last time....

Ireland is a small fish in a big pond im afraid when it comes to making a difference in a global crisis.

Pity the likes of him with his hippie ideas didn't think of a great plan when we were hit with the big recession....

We had housing stock, units apartments whatever one wants to call it and they could have easily used it to their advantage and made more money they they ever will due to selling out to China and other big countries and vulture funds that snapped everything up for buttons....

Why couldn't an Irish person that was stuck renting or needed a home be sorted with a housing unit where they would pay for it, get taxes from and other costs so councils and the government would have actually done well out of it...

Even if credit had to be given but with terms that if not paid they definitely would lose the unit and someone else would get it that would...

So you wanted Ireland to hold onto thousands of houses/apartments. Give them free to people who wouldn't pay rent and cripple the country even more?

How exactly does that make sense? Just look at the arrears from every county council in Ireland from government housing

Ireland is a small fish in a big pond im afraid when it comes to making a difference in a global crisis.

:P
    Sorry but you should research that

• Advertisement

But they fcuked us right over the last time....

I think you need to read what happened in the crash, I don't support the Greens but even I know they didn't "fcuk us"

Advertisement