Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eamon Ryan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Ush1 wrote: »
    Unfortunately it's not that simple. Everything has a knock on effect.

Cost of living has to come down, tying rent prices to energy rating for houses /apartments would lower prices, either spend on insulation or rent the house for a minimal amount, they won't spend so rents will fall,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Cost of living has to come down, tying rent prices to energy rating for houses /apartments would lower prices, either spend on insulation or rent the house for a minimal amount, they won't spend so rents will fall,

Probably just sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Unfortunately it's not that simple. Everything has a knock on effect.

And the current knock on effect is that 23% of employed people are seriously struggling to make ends meet as they are not paid enough to live on.
    How sustainable do you think that is?

This is the problem with Boards! :rolleyes:

Someone who evidently hasn't a clue about how things works appears genuinely to believe that some opposition TD spouting pious waffle about a High Court verdict will, by some voodoo magic, manage to change things. And writes what he believes was a clever put down but which serves mainly to highlight his ignorance!

If the Soc Dems had genuinely wanted to change things, then they could have opted to participate in shouldering the burden of steering Ireland out of the economic consequences of the pandemic. But that evidently sounded like far too much hard work for their two ageing leaderettes, so they took the coward's option and continued to squat on the fence, impotently preaching, moralising and impressing the gullible (like poor Zebra3) while achieving absolutely nothing.

Foolishly, I wasted my no. 1 on a Soc Dem back in February, but hell will have frozen over before I make that mistake again.

That just reads to me like you have no idea of the importance of a genuine opposition in a democracy.
    You want every single party to be in govt together all singing off the same hymn sheet?
    That isn't how the system is designed to work.

I want opposition to watch the govt, question the govt, demand answers from the govt - something FF were unable to do when they were propping up the govt.

What the hell out be the point of the Soc Dems doing a complete U Turn on everything they campaigned for to agree to a FF/FG led PfG? Might as well just vote for FF/FG if that is what you wanted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭v638sg7k1a92bx

The outrage on this thread just smacks of people who are in a 9-5, never did anything worthwhile and are angry with the Govt because they don't have everything they want in life so they jump on every opportunity to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

It's a tough job, he's probably tired and nodded off. No big deal.

Maybe people should be more conscientious about their own jobs and stop posing on boards at 11am on a Friday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,896 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

This is the problem with Boards! :rolleyes:

Someone who evidently hasn't a clue about how things works appears genuinely to believe that some opposition TD spouting pious waffle about a High Court verdict will, by some voodoo magic, manage to change things. And writes what he believes was a clever put down but which serves mainly to highlight his ignorance!

If the Soc Dems had genuinely wanted to change things, then they could have opted to participate in shouldering the burden of steering Ireland out of the economic consequences of the pandemic. But that evidently sounded like far too much hard work for their two ageing leaderettes, so they took the coward's option and continued to squat on the fence, impotently preaching, moralising and impressing the gullible (like poor Zebra3) while achieving absolutely nothing.

Foolishly, I wasted my no. 1 on a Soc Dem back in February, but hell will have frozen over before I make that mistake again.

Leaderettes?

Really?

What century do you live?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Can't believe many are saying "he fell asleep at work, big deal".

It is a big deal. He is one of the Top 3 politicians in the country, and a week into his new role he's sleeping on the job! FFS its embarrassing.
    God love him, he's tired.

I have worked shifts for 25yrs and never once fell asleep at my work.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,474 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    And the current knock on effect is that 23% of employed people are seriously struggling to make ends meet as they are not paid enough to live on.
    How sustainable do you think that is?

They will really struggle to make ends meet when a small rural business can't afford to hire them, and maybe the business has to close.

They will really struggle to make ends meet when a small rural business can't afford to hire them, and maybe the business has to close.

So workers should live at poverty levels to prop up rural businesses?
    What about urban businesses?
    Large retail chains?

In Japan they fall asleep all the time.
    There its a sign of a hard worker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,151 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Full licence, be grand...

But is it a bike licence?

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Clarence Boddiker

Asleep during the vote and has to be woken up, then votes against worker protections.
    A perfect illustration of how the Greens are going to perform in this Govt.
    Not in a wet week and they shaft the ordinary worker... exactly like they did the last time Lmao

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

If only someone had shouted "windmills" he would have been woken, got up on his high horse, and started lecturing the Dail.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,906 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Did he use the N word again ?

Leaders asleep in the Dail

Drunk Driver in charge of agriculture

Cannot get out the Leaving Cert results (which were never done in the first place) on time

• Registered Users Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭Allinall

NIMAN wrote: »

It is a big deal. He is one of the Top 3 politicians in the country, and a week into his new role he's sleeping on the job! FFS its embarrassing.

Why aren't you the leader of the green party?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Allinall wrote: »
    Why aren't you the leader of the green party?

I don't believe diesel cars are good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Think a donation of weeks wages to charity is in order, let CC pick the charity

• Registered Users Posts: 11,474 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Large retail chains?

They don't have to work at all is the point, and they won't have the choice if there is no business.

What about urban businesses? They can normally absorb costs, although you are correct many can't but at least the employess who lose their job in urban areas, should hopefully have alternatives for employment.

The exact reason a blanket minimum across the country is an odd idea. Really messed up small businesses in the state of New York. But alas, fairly off topic...

Tax on sleeping.
    Sure they'll tax everything else. They are the Greens after all

• Registered Users Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Im seeing posts online defending ryan by playing the whataboutery game pointing out that matty mcgrath also ‘fell asleep’ and calling him a ‘far right spokesperson’ whats all that about

Divided rubbish we have at the moment.

Why can't people just hate all politicians equally anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Asleep during the vote and has to be woken up, then votes against worker protections.
    A perfect illustration of how the Greens are going to perform in this Govt.
    Not in a wet week and they shaft the ordinary worker... exactly like they did the last time Lmao

A complete and utter scumbag of the highest order.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,066 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

He should follow Mick Wallaces example and wear a vest and combat shorts to the parliament and then he'll be too cold to fall asleep.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

Large retail chains?

They gotta break out of those chain's and free themselves from slavery.

Urban businesses, what about them ???

They're doing ok.

Workers nowadays have it better than before, a roof over their heads, mobile phones and comfort's our ancestors never had.

Where are you going with poverty levels ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Are you for real? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,770 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

mikeym wrote: »
    Most Politicians dont care about those on €12 an hour.

Some care about unpopular stuff like competitiveness, inflation and the viability of small businesses.

Thankfully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

nthclare wrote: »
    They gotta break out of those chain's and free themselves from slavery.

Urban businesses, what about them ???

They're doing ok.

Workers nowadays have it better than before, a roof over their heads, mobile phones and comfort's our ancestors never had.

Where are you going with poverty levels ?

Yep if the tax payer is subsidising the roof because of low income why stop there? Plenty of tax money to go around sure...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Says the person who voted for this carry on

https://www.independent.ie/videos/foolish-to-think-that-virus-can-know-if-youre-eating-with-your-pint-or-not-danny-healy-rae-39373650.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

NIMAN wrote: »

That's self righteous ****e typical of some of the fools posting here. Many workers, particularly shift workers, nod off at work due to tiredness, heat etc. It's not as if he arrived in with his pyjamas and teddy bear. No one nods off on purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

Edgware wrote: »
    Many workers, particularly shift workers, nod off at work due to tiredness, heat etc. It's not as if he arrived in with his pyjamas and teddy bear. No one nods off on purpose.

what sorts of industries are all these 'many' workers nodding off during their working hours? so far we've had someone say it is 'widespread' and now 'many'. Truth is, it is neither widespread nor many, that's just exaggerated, untruthful "self-righteous ****e" as you put it.

The fact that he didn't intend on falling asleep is totally irrelevant, will that stand up in court if you fall asleep the wheel and cause an accident? No. Personal responsibility, he shouldn't be in there voting on important issues if he can't stay awake. He shouldn't be in there in the first place but that's another story.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

If you had to sit all day listening to SF going on about "change", even the best of us would fall asleep

Advertisement