Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eamon Ryan

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    If you had to sit all day listening to SF going on about "change", even the best of us would fall asleep

It was actually regarding a vote on the living wage and the right to collective bargaining but Eamo was asleep so TBF it could have been anything. I suppose at least he turned up and didn't get some junior to vote for him.
    Tax payer money well spent, just give the fabled money tree a shake.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I don't care if they're spouting nursery rhymes. As I said , it's a real slap in the face to those who have been on the frontline working so hard that he doses off less than two weeks into a new position in government. And what about those on minimum wage affected by the debate underway.

There's no excuse. None.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

I don't care if they're spouting nursery rhymes. As I said , it's a real slap in the face to those who have been on the frontline working so hard that he doses off less than two weeks into a new position in government. And what about those on minimum wage affected by the debate underway.

There's no excuse. None.
    What about the homeless Joe

Edgware wrote: »
    What about the homeless Joe

25 year leased luxury apartments and hotels. Money tree again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

When they are asleep they can't do any harm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

They weren't actually voting on bringing in a "living wage". It was some waffly resolution to acknowledge the value of lower paid workers.

I'd have been asleep too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Bowie wrote: »
    It was actually regarding a vote on the living wage and the right to collective bargaining but Eamo was asleep so TBF it could have been anything. I suppose at least he turned up and didn't get some junior to vote for him.
    Tax payer money well spent, just give the fabled money tree a shake.

He made the right decision in the end that what counts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

No he didnt. He voted against the low paid because he himself isnt affected by it.

No he didnt. He voted against the low paid because he himself isnt affected by it.

Yes because small business that have been shut for monthly really need to get hammered now with additional wages while everything else in the country is going in the opposite direction......

Are people not better with a job than on the socail welfare as companies get shut down???/

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Cereal_Killer

He’s a disgrace to the Green Party and to the people who elected him. I would fall asleep in the Dail too but there’s a reason I’ll never make it my job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

They weren't actually voting on bringing in a "living wage". It was some waffly resolution to acknowledge the value of lower paid workers.

I'd have been asleep too.

Probably why you aren't a TD and probably why he shouldn't be a TD or more to the point Minister either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

If only someone had shouted "windmills" he would have been woken, got up on his high horse, and started lecturing the Dail.

Tilting at windmills, even..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Probably why you aren't a TD and probably why he shouldn't be a TD or more to the point Minister either.

Agreed. I have no time for Ryan, I was just responding to the suggestion there was some momentous debate happening, it was nothing of the sort.

It would have been better if he woke up, voted No then high five with Jack while shouting "BOOM"

• Registered Users Posts: 25,493 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I’ve never fallen asleep in work. If I had though.. while sacking me would be harsh I’d expect some repercussion, a warning or ‘hand slap’. It’s not unreasonable for a minister and elected representative and leader to fûcking turn up and do their job, as elected to do so, by US... with application and interest while in the state of being fully conscious and awake...

It’s a poor reflection of our political representatives especially the one we are talking about whom not only has had trust, hopes and expectations placed on him by the electorate but has decided to be disinterested enough to fall asleep at the wheel. The absolute fücking eejit....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

It would have been better if he woke up, voted No then high five with Jack while shouting "BOOM"

Did this actually make sense in your own head before you typed it out?

Does it make sense to you now, reading it?

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Strumms wrote: »
    I’ve never fallen asleep in work. If I had though.. while sacking me would be harsh I’d expect some repercussion, a warning or ‘hand slap’. It’s not unreasonable for a minister and elected representative and leader to fûcking turn up and do their job, as elected to do so, by US... with application and interest while in the state of being fully conscious and awake...

It’s a poor reflection of our political representatives especially the one we are talking about whom not only has had trust, hopes and expectations placed on him by the electorate but has decided to be disinterested enough to fall asleep at the wheel. The absolute fücking eejit....

He's a tosspot who by some freak of statistics has ended up in a very important job that will affect a lot of Irish peoples lives.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭bmc58

NIMAN wrote: »
    I never rated him as a politician, that'll be the end of him.

Matty McGrath took a nap too.Where's the hullaballo about him?

bmc58 wrote: »
    Matty McGrath took a nap too.Where's the hullaballo about him?

If you are in FF/FG orGreens everything has to have up roar now from the few

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭bronkobilly

enricoh wrote: »
    Chairs do look cosy though!

he was waiting for the film to start

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,493 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

The mainstream media, as in the ‘state broadcaster’ or in ‘some state’ broadcaster are ruthlessly quiet over the incident. Hardly surprising. Not willing to rock the boat, of their paymasters.

Its terrible optics really.....country heading down the drain and one those tasked with running it asleep at the wheel

Cant see him survive a leadership heave now

Its terrible optics really.....country heading down the drain and one those tasked with running it asleep at the wheel

I honestly think the man is a victim of circumstance's and is in grave danger of a nervous breakdown when the reality of his situation finally dawns on him.

For his and our sake he needs to take a step back from politics and being in the public eye before he does something really dangerous.

I hope someone pokes him to tell him.
    Yes because small business that have been shut for monthly really need to get hammered now with additional wages while everything else in the country is going in the opposite direction......

Are people not better with a job than on the socail welfare as companies get shut down???/

No worries, many of these low paid workers are on welfare too, (subsidised rent and the like). The magic money tree of the tax payer picks up the slack so these people can pay lower wages and make more profit. Grand sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,763 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

€90 per hour to have a sleep

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    €90 per hour to have a sleep

Good work if you can get it

I hope someone pokes him to tell him.

They did....did you not watch the video????
    No worries, many of these low paid workers are on welfare too, (subsidised rent and the like). The magic money tree of the tax payer picks up the slack so these people can pay lower wages and make more profit. Grand sure.

If you say so

• Registered Users Posts: 86,763 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Good work if you can get it

I agree

He's a tosspot who by some freak of statistics has ended up in a very important job that will affect a lot of Irish peoples lives.

Go on, tell us what you really think :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

It's inevitable, just keep watching this sh*t show. If this government was a drink, it would be one of those mixes from your parents drinks cabinet put into a plastic bottle consisting of various horrible sh*t you wouldn't really want in the first place...and it never ends well. What are we, 3 weeks in?

Stock response here and elsewhere has been some digs at opposition and 'sure its no big deal' Cowen included...from what I can see the opposition have very little to do opposing this mess, who nobody voted for, and don't get started on 'but we did vote for it'. I'd love to see a single person admit to voting for a Green, FG, FF coalition and give reasons why.

Advertisement