Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone posted liquids via An Post?

• 16-07-2020 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Has anyone taken their chances and posted liquid items (moisturiser, body washes etc) via An Post to the UK, and have the items actually reached their destination? Stupidly it never even dawned on me that they would be classed as prohibited items and since the post office clerk didn’t ask me what was in the package, I only thought of it later on and googled it only to realise that I may have just wasted a lot of money to send it via registered post and it probably won’t even get to the person if it’s scanned. Any reassurance would be greatly appreciated right now 😂

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭edhead

JD_85 wrote: »
    Has anyone taken their chances and posted liquid items (moisturiser, body washes etc) via An Post to the UK, and have the items actually reached their destination? Stupidly it never even dawned on me that they would be classed as prohibited items and since the post office clerk didn’t ask me what was in the package, I only thought of it later on and googled it only to realise that I may have just wasted a lot of money to send it via registered post and it probably won’t even get to the person if it’s scanned. Any reassurance would be greatly appreciated right now 😂

Perhaps not quite the reply your looking for but related, somewhat. I posted a sheep's skull I found in Connemara to California via An Post (wedding present for a buddy over there) & it arrived!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Against the charter. Locked

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement